2005 white black on ebay jh4na21635s000005

Re: 2005 white black on ebay!!!

Very interesting mods. Looks like a CF guage cluster trim and smoked NA1 Type-R taillights with the Acura "A". CTSC as well...:cool:

Also, that is a custom bra as I do not know of any 02+ bra available at this time.

Just saw this car on E-bay too......

My thoughts:

1) Car is higher than normal miles for a 2005 NSX....
2) The Interior CF is that tacky stick on crap
3) Shift knob is those ricey ones (gives me impression owner does not know what he's doing...all about taste)
4) Is he the original owner?
5) Paperwork for all mods done?
6) Aftermarket fog lights makes me wonder who did the wiring and if done properly
7) Anyone who puts a bra like that on an NSX should be shot! Clear bra or nothing (at least take it off for the pics)

Just my 2 cents but the above factors will shy me away from the car

rick

My thoughts:

3) Shift knob is those ricey ones (gives me impression owner does not know what he's doing...all about taste)
6) Aftermarket fog lights makes me wonder who did the wiring and if done properly
7) Anyone who puts a bra like that on an NSX should be shot! Clear bra or nothing (at least take it off for the pics)

rick

agreed...but it's white!!!!!!!! lol...

Rick aka S4play, where are you bro!! This car is calling your name!

Edit: DOH! I didnt even see your post above.

LOL I've narrowed my choices down to about 3 cars....

2 of them are a bit high on price, 3rd guy won't sell yet.....haha

Actually I really need to get rid of my GT3 first otherwise one of my babies will have to sleep outside!

This white one has those issues I listed above so will pass on this one....

rk

My thoughts:

rick

I agree. The car is a little sketchy.

I almost mentioned that shift knob. :biggrin: That's the riciest shift knob of all time and the CF console trim doesn't do it for me even though it's a relatively popular mod. Maybe it's just over-laquered.

Good obs on the foglights--I missed those. Who knows how they're wired and how they're turned on/off.

It does seem like high miles but average mileage on an 05 is anywhere from 10-15K right now so it's not that high I suppose.

I would certainly want records with the CTSC. If that's the original clutch I would immediately deduct $2,000 as its lifespan with the CTSC will be halved at best.

And that bra is, well, interesting. :tongue: It probably cost him just as much to have it fabricated as a clear bra would have cost. :rolleyes:

And I'm really not sure how he pulled off the dark taillight with the "A" badge. The NA1 Type-R one has the Honda "H" embedded into the light and it would have to be completely dissected to get it out if it could be done at all. I suspect some smoked tape was used...but he did replace the side lights with the old style. Smells like patchwork to me.

All in all, I agree, it's a little tacky. I'd probably steer clear myself unless the price was right and records were produced.

I don't see anything wrong with this car at all.

Everything that is tacky can be easily removed....EASILY. (shift knobs come just screw on and off...who cares if you don't like his taste, get a new knob!)

The tails are probably tinted...any tint shop can do it...and judging from the tint on the windows, he probably had it done.

You're seriously worried about after market fog lights? Snip snip and they're outa there. My after market fogs are remote controlled...so they're just wired to the ballasts and the battery...my remote sits inside the cabin with me. It's really not rocket science these days.

Did you notice the CF rear window garnish? That's a nice piece...

Any part on this car can be replaced, interior or exterior if you want to be really picky. If this is one of seven white ones and you really want a white car, I don't think buying a $700 dash from Acura is going to matter much....cause who knows what the other 6 white ones look like or if they'll ever show up on the market.

The only question is the SC...the car has power, could be a little abused, but the NSX can handle it...I'd have no problem buying this car if it had most of the paperwork with it.
(and no accidents)

I don't see anything wrong with this car at all.

Everything that is tacky can be easily removed....EASILY. (shift knobs come just screw on and off...who cares if you don't like his taste, get a new knob!)

The tails are probably tinted...any tint shop can do it...and judging from the tint on the windows, he probably had it done.

You're seriously worried about after market fog lights? Snip snip and they're outa there. Any part on this car can be replaced, interior or exterior if you want to be really picky. If this is one of seven white ones and you really want a white car, I don't think buying a $700 dash from Acura is going to matter much....cause who knows what the other 6 white ones look like or if they'll ever show up on the market.

The only question is the SC...the car has power, could be a little abused, but the NSX can handle it...I'd have no problem buying this car if it had most of the paperwork with it.
(and no accidents)

no particular order...but here are the '05 nsx's I know about (white):

1 of the 7 is mint and has camel interior.

2 of the 7 is HotHonda's car....white interior. looks mint.

3 of the 7 is the one on ebay you see here....

4 of the 7 is salvaged title....

5 of the 7 is Ryan's old car, signficant body work, paint work, mods..

6 of the 7 was sold on the forum and was questioned whether it had paintwork on the front bumper..looked that way, but some swear it had no paint work. mileage on that car was 11k+ if i recall...

7 of the 7 has 19k plus miles...friend of a friend knows the owner.

so now you know what the others are all about...someone can grab this car and change up all the parts that they dont like. car looks clean aside from the tacky mods....if i were in the market for a supercharged nsx, this one would be considered...

Last edited:

I bet the seller has no idea how "rare" this car is, or he would have put that in the ad too.

2002: Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 3
2003: Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 0
2004: Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 1
2005: Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 4

Only EIGHT 02+ GPW/Onyx cars out there, so its difficult to say wait for the next one (or until i sell mine) :) Might be worth a look if you are OK with the SC and miles on this one. I do agree with the points you made though. Perhaps there is someone local that can take a look for you in person.

Besides the fact that the guy modified the car to his tastes, I do not know what the big deal is. People are ripping the car apart like it is a salvages flood vehicle. And since when was 17k miles for a 3 year old car high mileage? Have I mistakenly signed on to Ferrari Chat? :confused:

FYI on the 02+ bra, I have one on my car, when I leased the car I didn't want to pay for a clear bra, the bra is made by Colgan, I had to put a lot of pressure on them to make it and one of the Cali area guys brought his car to them to cut the template. I bought my car off lease and have intended to have the clear bra put on, just too lazy, so I still use the bra when riding and take it off at "shows". Looks a little "ricey" but I also don't like the "haze" that a clear bra does to the paint.

Besides the fact that the guy modified the car to his tastes, I do not know what the big deal is. People are ripping the car apart like it is a salvages flood vehicle. And since when was 17k miles for a 3 year old car high mileage? Have I mistakenly signed on to Ferrari Chat? :confused:

lol :)

someone is gonna get a get platform to start with...

but this is all I see with the bra
lecter0103.jpg

Amen! aren't those shiftybob's wheels?

I've been looking at these cars for what seems forever so I can spot anything these days with the help of fellow members educating me! :)

Yes I agree the complaints are minor but final decision would come down to both price and history of this car.

Anyone local to him willing to check it out?

thanks
rick

This is a rare white 05 AND it's supercharged. Buy that car; peel that sticky CF sh!t off, replace the shift knob and don't look back!!!!

Which color combos are the most rare?

boy is that a loaded question:eek:

Not really. Yellow with tan interior is the rarest color combo for the NSX ever with only 6 made.

That's followed by red/red (8), orange/black (8), silver/ivory (9), white/white (9) and black/red (13) and yellow/yellow (14). After that it's Monaco Blue/tan (20) and Long Beach Blue/tan (21).

Back