2005 NSX vs. Ferrari 348 thread...

Well, it hit bottom. They threw out the "Soul" card and closed the thread.

The NSX owner was said to have changed his mind. I call BS on the offer of the trade ever being legit. Its just crazy to throw $20k + out the window.
More likely the 348 owner was thinking about up-grading to an NSX and wanted his "friends" opinion. His friends on that forum really helped him out.
Misery loves company I guess.........
Now thay can all brag to each other on how much they spend keeping their cars running, and "who's who" in the towing world.
What fun.......................

Don't be so quick to judge....

Who's who in the towing world? Thats funny, and in some cases true.

Find the right car and you don't need a tow truck...regardless of the marque.

I am fortunate enough to have one of them that don't need a tow truck...

Good day fellas, I'll frequent your site more often..

You guys seem like a pretty cool bunch of guys...

I'm old, so take it easy on me

Don't be so quick to judge....

Who's who in the towing world? Thats funny, and in some cases true.

Find the right car and you don't need a tow truck...regardless of the marque.

I am fortunate enough to have one of them that don't need a tow truck...

Good day fellas, I'll frequent your site more often..

You guys seem like a pretty cool bunch of guys...

I'm old, so take it easy on me

Welcome to NSXprime:)

You will find this a great place to learn about the NSX.
Many here have had several "special" cars, from brand A to Z as well as "F".
And are usually very honest. That being said, no one likes being picked on.
I am just curious why you didn't jump on the 05? Your 348 must be spectacular!
Try stopping by from time to time / showing up at a get-together, drive, or track event. Low key and lots of fun!
Really a great bunch here.
Welcome!

You will find this a great place to learn about the NSX.
Many here have had several "special" cars, from brand A to Z as well as "F".
And are usually very honest. That being said, no one likes being picked on.
I am just curious why you didn't jump on the 05? Your 348 must be spectacular!
Try stopping by from time to time / showing up at a get-together, drive, or track event. Low key and lots of fun!
Really a great bunch here.
Welcome!

my 348 is the nicest one I have seen...And I was looking for a 355 when I came across my car.
After many many years of shows, pictures all over the net, I have yet to see one even remotely close.
:)
When one finds a good Fcar, it's hard to get rid of it, cause the next one might be...well...not so good ;)

Attachments

• PB171463.jpg
    PB171463.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PB171464.jpg
    PB171464.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 216
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 164
  • bbs5.jpg
    bbs5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 300
  • newbbs1.jpg
    newbbs1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 256
I'll never forget the talk Satch Carlson gave at NSXPO '99 about cars that Ferrari sold to the public during the days when the 308, 348 and Testarossa's were all the rage. Mr. Ferrari's only care was about racing and the more of his cars he could sell to American doctors and lawyers the better it was for his racing effort. Reliability was way down the list in Ferrari's priorities.......

When you have to take the motor out of the car to do a major service what does that tell you and what does that cost?

whoa, no wonder, yeah this 348 is clean clean clean ... you don't see them in such pristine condition ... it makes me rethink about them .... the thing is that you don't see them in such good condition almost!

Oscar

Great car! Lots of nice "F" cars here in South Orange County.
Yours looks like a stand out! How many mi.?
I look forward every weekend to seeing great cars cruising PCH.

Its nice when you finally find a "good one" About 62,000 mi. on my 94.
Just getting broken in. Probably not the "nicest" NSX on the planet,
but it keeps me smiling!

Random shots.......
IMGP0229_2.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP0224_4.jpg
[/IMG]

P4100086a.jpg
[/IMG]

P4100071a.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words guys.
TB's are a bit harder to find. I was searching for a 355B when I came across my present car.
Finding a nice example of the 355 was taking so long.....when I got the call about this 11k car (at the time) I couldn't say no!
It really is my pride and joy!
Currently at 17 k miles.
Major done by the famous Eugenio at www.EugeniosFerrariService.com

Simply the best....period!

Oh, and here is a pic of it's 39k mile 88 928 S4 (freakin awesome car!)

Attachments

• profileENGINE.jpg
    profileENGINE.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 125
  • PB171467.jpg
    PB171467.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 182
  • P9251063.jpg
    P9251063.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 156
Nice 928.
I have driven, or at least been in most production "P" cars. But never a 928.
There's a nice one at work, maybe I will ask for a ride?
Hey, are you in SoCal? Maybe I can get a ride at C&C some time? :o)
Prime is a great place to discuss cars in general. The meets are generally cool about bringing "other" cars as well. I got out of lo mi. survivor / garage queens about 5 yrs ago. Never looked back. But still appreciate 'em.:wink:

slowing down for a yellow flag
055-NSX-Event-Streets-of-Willow-200.jpg
[/IMG]

(I need new pic's, have posted most of 'em more than once)... LOL LOL

Nice 928.
I have driven, or at least been in most production "P" cars. But never a 928.
There's a nice one at work, maybe I will ask for a ride?
Hey, are you in SoCal? Maybe I can get a ride at C&C some time? :o)
Prime is a great place to discuss cars in general. The meets are generally cool about bringing "other" cars as well. I got out of lo mi. survivor / garage queens about 5 yrs ago. Never looked back. But still appreciate 'em.:wink:

slowing down for a yellow flag
055-NSX-Event-Streets-of-Willow-200.jpg
[/IMG]

(I need new pic's, have posted most of 'em more than once)... LOL LOL

I am in SoCal. Haven't been to CC. Too early for me and I work on Saturdays.
How about VCR on a Sunday?
that's better :)

here is a quick clip after the RMB and a major service on the S4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTs7jaJe-oM

my 348 is the nicest one I have seen...And I was looking for a 355 when I came across my car.

That is a beautiful 348. I've recently become obsessed with the F355. I just love the way they look. If I ever get a bigger garage, I'll try and snag one....but I'd probably grab a 348 if it was as nice as yours...

That is a beautiful 348. I've recently become obsessed with the F355. I just love the way they look. If I ever get a bigger garage, I'll try and snag one....but I'd probably grab a 348 if it was as nice as yours...

Thank you!

F355 is, in my opinion, the best looking car I have ever seen!
When the right one comes up, I am ready :)
it's gonna be a GTS this time

VTC...great looking machine!! Have always loved the 348 and 355 F cars!! You will find on this site that we are pretty knowledgeable and considerate of other exotics...I hope you come back and post...

Dam:cool:

After many many years of shows, pictures all over the net, I have yet to see one even remotely close.

Welcome on NSXPrime :smile:

Your 348 is definately the most pristine example that I have ever seen. Not that I have seen that many, but the 348 (with the 355) was on my list when I was looking for a high-end sports car.
I guess I can say that in the end it was the NSX that stirred my soul the most.

One remark though, that shifter on the 348 looks extremely and unnecessary long in my opinion.

VTC - Welcome to NSX Prime.

I felt bad for you in the way the F1chat thread turned out but you'd have to expect it from two opposing car marque fans.

Here in Dubai you see alot of vintage Ferrari's and albeit expensive to maintain still command a very loyal ownership group. Next time I have my NSX at one of the car rally's I'll snap some pictures of what sort of Ferrari's are here.

I've never shopped for a Ferrari but there's something about a convertible F355 that makes me stare. I do like the 348's and yours looks beautiful.

355 is the best sounding car in my opinion by far. Are you going to buy the GTS with the F1 transmission or 6 speed. Also, one of my neighbors had a 355 GTS with a crabon fiber targa, is that standard on all GTS models or special oreder? Frank

355 is the best sounding car in my opinion by far. Are you going to buy the GTS with the F1 transmission or 6 speed. Also, one of my neighbors had a 355 GTS with a crabon fiber targa, is that standard on all GTS models or special oreder? Frank

I am not sure about the CF targa top. most I have seen are painted and didn't look like CF

Only 17K? That I don't understand. Get out and drive that car!

I don't have much time :(
busy at work, a wife, a 3 yr old, another one in the oven....
Not much time for driving, other than to work of course.

but I am gonna stack the garage and be ready for when I do have time. :D

Last edited:
Back