2002 Front End Coversion

Looking good. I think you should get more agressive front lip, or different skirts:smile:

OMG that is SIIIIIIIIICK I just love the 2002 style more and more... it looks especially good on black... I kind of miss my black NSX but I keep reminding myself how much cleaning I had to do to it haha :)

Nice work bro it looks amazing! Those rims are tough as nails! I love how aggressive it looks....

Very nice!!!! Great Christmas present to yourself!!:cool:

Thumbs Up! Now what are you gonna do with the $25K or so that you just saved had you actually bought an '02?

Nice job and well done for going DIY.

IMO the 02 needs the R hood as you've done.

Just my opinion, but I would now swap out to OEM sills but keep the rims, they really suit your car and give it a great stance

regards, Paul

if u dont mind me asking how much did it end up costing? you can pm me as well.

looking to do this

He has already 02+ rear valance installed.

also just wondering.. whats the difficulty level of installing this?

1 being easy 10 being hard

Seeing if i could do this in my own garage and just get the hood / bumper painted

also just wondering.. whats the difficulty level of installing this?

1 being easy 10 being hard

Seeing if i could do this in my own garage and just get the hood / bumper painted

I'd say difficulty is about 7. Yes I did all the work in my garage. You can order your parts thru Tim (HondaAcuraWorld), Erick (evof57gtc) and also Sam at Downforce.

Good Luck

Thanks to all the kind words..I apologize I couldnt response fast enough to all your posts.

It was quite a bit of a work but after all said and done the conversion is all worth it. I'll take plenty of pictures this weekend.

Thanks again everyone,

Henry

Great job Henry!

I have to say I was not all that crazy about the '02 front end but this pic really is making me reconsider:
3133707693_b06f81765f_b.jpg

The stance is perfect on those Thruxtons!

Great job Henry!

I have to say I was not all that crazy about the '02 front end but this pic really is making me reconsider:
3133707693_b06f81765f_b.jpg

The stance is perfect on those Thruxtons!

haha... exactly what i was thinking.

Wow your conversion looks great! What NSX-R hood did you wind up going the with DF, Siebon, VIS?

Thanks,

Is it necessary to cut out part of the the headlight well in order to fit the 2002 headlights or is there a way of not having to cut and fit it somehow and have complete function of the 2002 headlight? I contemplating on the 2002 conversion in the future however I'm not too thrilled about cutting parts off the car.

Is it necessary to cut out part of the the headlight well in order to fit the 2002 headlights or is there a way of not having to cut and fit it somehow and have complete function of the 2002 headlight? I contemplating on the 2002 conversion in the future however I'm not too thrilled about cutting parts off the car.

You have to grind a small section out of the aluminum headlight bucket, as the 2002 headlight adjuster hits the aluminum along the inside edge. I have seen some cars where they use a heavy hammer to 'bang' this section out, this seems more invasive than simply cutting it. There are a few people who have removed the adjuster off of their headlights, but this limits their functionality.

You could adjust the lights, then cut off the light adjusters, then reinstall them and hopefully get them close to adjusted, and hope they don't require any future adjustments.

Hey I'm also working on 02 Front Conversion I found this a while ago, yes you can either cut out a small area, or remove the headlight adjuster.

See Here From DF's website: http://downforce.biz/manual/layover/

Back