• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

15mm vs 25mm

I'm planning to get spacers for my 95 stock wheels. I know there a lot of posts about spacer but I want to see the old stock wheels with 25mm or 15mm in front to compare, not the 02-05 stock wheels. The only one that I've seen with 25mm in front is Oscar's red NSX. Also I want to know if it's okay to go that big in the front.

Thanks in advance!

I think the 15mm front and 25mm spacers in the rear look the best because the flushness level will be about the same. With 25mm spacers, the front ends up more flush than the rear with the stock wheels.

That being said, it is WAY easier to just get 25mm spacers all around because they are the bolt on type with integrated studs.

The 15mm spacers require the disassembly of the hub to install longer studs (which I hear is a PITA) whereas the 25mm spacers bolt to your factory studs and the wheel bolts to the spacer.

I think the 15mm front and 25mm spacers in the rear look the best because the flushness level will be about the same. With 25mm spacers, the front ends up more flush than the rear with the stock wheels.

That being said, it is WAY easier to just get 25mm spacers all around because they are the bolt on type with integrated studs.

The 15mm spacers require the disassembly of the hub to install longer studs (which I hear is a PITA) whereas the 25mm spacers bolt to your factory studs and the wheel bolts to the spacer.

That's why I need some pictures to compare hahah. Dali racing sells 16mm with integrated studs in them

I had 15mm front, 25mm rear spacers with 02+ OEM wheels. As mentioned above, 25mm (H&R) came with the integrated studs, while the 15mm did not (required extended studs). There are plenty of others running 25mm all around. The fronts will look really flush and aggressive. Have fun and experiment.

63922_1586211854977_634476_n.jpg

254942_1924643475556_6339104_n.jpg

259925_1924643115547_3567545_n.jpg

6259562174_f651d8518d_b.jpg

**edit: This thread should probably be posted under the "NSX Tires & Wheels" section.

Last edited:
That's why I need some pictures to compare hahah. Dali racing sells 16mm with integrated studs in them
I think this is what I'm running with '94 wheels on my '91. I did get them from Dali .. just can't remember if they were 15 or 16 mm but they had the integrated studs. They use a smaller lug due to the narrower thickness of the spacer. I haven't had any issues with them.

Personally, I prefer the look of 15/25 (or 16/25) over 25/25. Sorry, I don't have a picture of mine but here's someone else on Prime (my apologies .. can't remember his name) who is running 15/25 and I liked the look so much that I went with it. Note that I believe he has also lowered his car but if you're just looking for flushness with the fenders, it should give you a good idea.

I can't remember how to point to a picture I've already uploaded in another thread so you'll have to go here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1555979&postcount=3

I run 25mm front and rear on Na2 wheels...but having said that 15mm front and 25mm rear is what I would recommend. Many factors come into play such as ride height. With 25mm front i rub fender liners quite a bit at my ride height.

The 15mm are a bit more work as had been said, but a safer choice and easier on your wheel bearings.

Pushes the front way out...its really personal preference.

60124012.jpg

img3535lx.jpg

I have 40mm on the rears. I was going to go 25mm in front, but I should be getting my wheels in soon.

This was when it was close to stock height. You can tell that the wheel is very flush with the fender. Looks aggressive and much better than 25mm IMO.
582737_848823349485_1026215713_n.jpg

Since then I've lowered the rear about another 2 inches. It tucks in a bit and is no longer flush. Can get pics if requested. No rubbing at all.

Last edited:
WHOAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa 40mm on back! that is agressive. I had 255mm all around for 4 years ,.. never an issue ..

WHOAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa 40mm on back! that is agressive. I had 255mm all around for 4 years ,.. never an issue ..

40mm is aggressive??? 255mm is about 6.5x more aggressive.

I think he meant 25mm

HAHAH Yeah, sorry, I am sure 40mm is aggressive (hell, even 25mm IMHO is aggressive) but if it works is fine.

This is all fine for street use. For track use you really want to switch your studs out and you want to take into account the track width and what it will do to your oversteer/understeer properties along with the rest of your suspension. At the limit wheel spacers really affect handling so you don't want to just randomly choose widths. I am just adding this post for guys that may read this and might track their cars.

I chose a performance setup on mine with 15mm front by H&R and 25mm rear by STMPO. I didn't choose any with integrated studs which is less ideal than using a longer stud to begin with. And if you go longer I recommend ARP.

after.
decided to go with 25mm all around. love the results and how aggressive it looks. also, the handling is better as well :D

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Back