• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

yaynsx said:
btcog82 Dude you have no life WHAT A LOSER
You have nothing better to do than this? its a shame. Get off your computer and go enjoy your headers and may be get AHEAD OR get some head. Why waste time on this thread. What a idiot laughing at fellow members bad luck and delays in shipping .:mad: You are not helping anyone Sarge. You are definetly a useless tool :smile: :cool: :biggrin:

ok, ok sorry...:biggrin: Wasn't laughing at bad fortune or shipping mishaps, just "lightguy" calling me a tool, I thought was funny. Sorry:wink:

patience is a...

I just spoke w/ Lance/ZTek, customs hold-up out in some port in SE_Asia. Till that's sorted out, the shipment will not be en'route to a US port (CA). Transit time from Asia to US via container ship tends to be 3-4weeks. As'per ZTek's liason/custom's_broker, things are progressing and near resolution.

Over-n-out. :frown:

Re: VTEC w/ ZTek...

Dear Lance / Ztek,
This is another month from your last reply, what going on ? Any update or any message from Ztek?
Any group buy member got mail from them?

I got a response from Lance on 9/21:

We're on the waiting list to be released, so as soon as they are all out
I'll let you know, I am really sorry about this delay, but its sort of out
of my hands at this point. Feel free to give me a call if you have any
questions.

Still waiting...

Dear Ajchang,
Thanks for your update.
Just wonder Lance/Ztek not response directly to all of us on this column. As what they claimed, not a shame when out of their controll on custom issue. Or, other ???
And don't know who is on the waiting list???Lance, please reply clearly the issue and who respected to you/your company with a long long waiting.
Henry

Thanks for keeping this thread going guys. I nearly forget that I have $1k in paid for parts "on the way". I'm sure it's way past the point that I can get my money back from the c/card company. Too bad. I may just contact Ztec and see if they will refund it. Hindsight......

Well it should come to no surprise that these delays happen. It sucks but I've come to expect these things to happen pretty often when it comes to the NSX. It doesn't mean it's a bad seller, just things out of their control. Happens an awful lot when it's coming from anywhere other than Japan seemingly.

Anybody have any luck in reaching Lance or someone at Ztek who knows what's going on? I've sent e-mails to Lance twice in the last week and have received no responses.

MLmotorsport--did you get your refund (which would imply that Ztek still exists)?

It's been three months since they closed the original GB on 7/4. I was a straggler and bought it in early August, thinking they were already in stock--I was obviously misled. Not only that, but I missed out on the Cantrell headers GB because of this.

What are people doing now? Continue waiting at the mercy of Ztek and the customs officials?...

ajchang said:
Anybody have any luck in reaching Lance or someone at Ztek who knows what's going on? I've sent e-mails to Lance twice in the last week and have received no responses.

MLmotorsport--did you get your refund (which would imply that Ztek still exists)?

It's been three months since they closed the original GB on 7/4. I was a straggler and bought it in early August, thinking they were already in stock--I was obviously misled. Not only that, but I missed out on the Cantrell headers GB because of this.

What are people doing now? Continue waiting at the mercy of Ztek and the customs officials?...

Talked to Lance two days ago. He said shipment still in Customs, unknown port. He also said two sets were delivered, to whom ?
His # is in earlier posts, give him a call :)

Can any one (in US) call him and ask for his formal reply here. Let every GB member know what going on. Three months waiting seems a joke for us.
Henry

As per my posts earlier; I've asked him several times to post an update here.
Always says yes. Dont know if a reply will get here before the headers do.
Lets start a pool. Closest to actual delivery date wins.( What ? header gaskets ? )
My guess; Dec 7th.

lightguy said:
As per my posts earlier; I've asked him several times to post an update here.
Always says yes. Dont know if a reply will get here before the headers do.
Lets start a pool. Closest to actual delivery date wins.( What ? header gaskets ? )
My guess; Dec 7th.

there's no point from an informational perspective for him to post a reply. he has no more info than 'they're in customs waiting to be cleared'. the only thing that can come of it is just everyone knowing he's still around and intends to deliver (which i think is pretty clear already).

This sounds horrible. From everything I read, it looks like a scam. . .sorry to say. I just had some wheels shipped from Japan and they were in customs about a day or two. For anyone that put money down, I would be in works on trying to get it back. Just my suggestion.

Lance,
Please remove Shinny930 from the GB on your ZeroTek Headers system, I can't wait any longer for your headers.
Also please credit my credit card for the amount you billed on June 30th 2006, the full payment for the headers.
Thanks,
Steve

shinny930 said:
Lance,
Please remove Shinny930 from the GB on your ZeroTek Headers system, I can't wait any longer for your headers.
Also please credit my credit card for the amount you billed on June 30th 2006, the full payment for the headers.
Thanks,
Steve

This probably won't get you very far. Could I recommend calling Lance directly if you actually want this taken care of? ZTek doesn't appear to frequent this thread very often.

Their website is http://www.zerotek.net/ (which I see now allows you to purchase an NSX exhaust and doesn't mention not in stock when you add it to your cart) and their number is 866-ZERO-TEK.

Yes I spoke with Lance and sent him an email to refund my credit card, but will call him again to confirm he credited the amount paid. He told me on the phone that he would do the refund with no problem.
Just informing others people in the GB.

I guess I can assume that my promised replacement exhaust tip (mine got bent during shipping) is not going to happen? Might as well get my exhaust guy to weld up a pair of Borla tips :frown:

Oyagi,

I would give Lance a call. You are owed the replacement tips and if it was me I'd expect nothing less, if not a full refund.

I just spoke to Lance--headers still held up in customs on the other side of the pond. He said he's going to get them air shipped once they're released. Lance acknowledges this has been a mess and has said he's fine with refunding to those who can't wait (and has been apparently)...

I missed out on the Cantrell GB and can't get headers anywhere else for <$1K so I'm "forced" to wait it out.

ajchang said:
I just spoke to Lance--headers still held up in customs on the other side of the pond. He said he's going to get them air shipped once they're released. Lance acknowledges this has been a mess and has said he's fine with refunding to those who can't wait (and has been apparently)...

Thanks for the update. It's nice to know they're still around... and giving refunds if needed.

MLmotorsport said:
Thanks for the update. It's nice to know they're still around... and giving refunds if needed.

I just looked on eBay and didn't see anything from Zero Tek for Porsche. There used to be a bunch of stuff advertised for the 996 from them.

Checked Rennlist and found some old posts. One guy noted that he was an early buyer for headers and mufflers. He also stated that his set took longer than expected.

The Rennlist guys are not tolerant of poor quality. That said I did not pick up on any ill feelings towards quality. That would be a good thing.

Lance once sent me an email regarding a system for my 02 996. In it he stated that if I bought the system and I did not like it or if it did not measure up to what was out there for the Porsche he would give me a full refund. Hard to argue with that logic. I ended up putting sport cats and an EVOM air box on instead and loved the sound.

I doubt that anyone is going to lose anything.

I just got off the phone with Lance. I ordered and exhaust and asked about the headers. Apparently they are still held up on the other side of the pond.
BTW, the exhaust was in stock.

Back