zeroto60times

[QUOTE.../ I think I'll just yield right of way at the stop light grand prix to the guy in the Mustang GT.............. I'm totally ok with that.

Best,
Jeff[/QUOTE]

A wise man who knows what the NSX was and wasn't built for.

Pick your battles and your combat zone/playing field...you will not be able to beat everybody in every arena.

I completely agree. Once, at the local Friday night car meet, some snot nosed kid and his ricer came over and asked if I want to race. My response was "sure...meet me at Harris Hill Road course on Saturday and bring a helmet." He said no now. I said I respect myself and my car too much to street race. You challenged, I pick the venue. We all laughed and he walked away. Had I been 25 years younger, I probably would have excepted and got my @$$ kicked. And who knows, he might have beat me at Harris Hill but it would have been fun, safe and legal.

I spent an hour in a new Vette w/manual trans yesterday with a buddy (he owns an NSX) who works for GM. Now, if you want to do the 0-60 stoplight grand prix I recommend the new Vette. I know this is off topic but I came away very impressed. Not going to offload my pristine /94 with 45,000 miles for a new Vette but IMHO GM has done a great job. I am no expert but it usually takes me 5-10 minutes to determine if a car is "right" and the new Vette is very right. Everything fell readily to hand; clutch, gearbox and steering felt natural and no idiosyncracies; motive force felt good and was very strong; no weird noises/squeaks/rattles. Pretty darn nice.

Oh, I think there are plenty of us who could manage something in the 14's. Although anything slower than 14.9 might be a challenge, even from a bad box.:tongue:

Back