Zanardi #49 JH4NA2125XT000176

Re: Zanardi #49.

From the looks of the accident that #49 was in, you would have stains on your seats too!:biggrin:

what happened with the 00 press car?

I don't believe it was ever wrecked (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but it seems to have been ridden hard and put away wet. All accounts say it's in pretty rough shape.

Can someone photoshop duct tape wrapped around the car?:eek: On a more serious note if it does run strongly and the drivetrain is ok then this is absolutely an oportunity for some talented person to put in sweat equity to turn this into something nice,,just not a zanardi that anyone looking for such would be interrested in.Remember that thread awhile ago where a new owner stripped and restored a worn out interior on his own and posted mucho pics.

This has to be a candidate for the NSX refresh programme in Japan, I am sure they would be able to recreate it.

This has to be a candidate for the NSX refresh programme in Japan, I am sure they would be able to recreate it.

If they could give you a new vin# to get a clean title, it might be worth it.

That frame looks FUBAR. Any operation on this one other than as a salvage does not seem wise.

Honda made a big mistake with this car. They should have selected only serious enthusiast to own and cherish it like Ferrari does with their super cars. I am truely saddened :frown:

Honda made a big mistake with this car. They should have selected only serious enthusiast to own and cherish it like Ferrari does with their super cars. I am truely saddened :frown:

its not an Enzo :wink: even then, they still get beat up... case and point = that actor that crashed his Enzo into the barrier at the Redline movie event or something rather. :biggrin: what a turd.

also seen some idiots crash their 355 into a wall at a burn out contest. didnt even touch the brakes. just gassed it in concret.:biggrin:

Last edited:

I saw this car up for sale the other day and talked to the seller the other night... the pictures on cars.com hid just how serious this cars condition was. I nearly crapped my pants after seeing these photos. I guess you are the mechanic with the 2 NSX's that came over to take a look at the car! You were mentioned by the woman trying to sell it and I was just about to post on here as to what the car SHOULD be going for and how much does everyone think it would take to restore and bring her back to life, because depending on the costs associated with its resurection I might choose this instead of a 94 NSX. That post about the NSX refresh program really caught my attention... does anyone know more about that?

Oh, btw its my first post! Hello NSX Prime!

I saw this car up for sale the other day and talked to the seller the other night... the pictures on cars.com hid just how serious this cars condition was. I nearly crapped my pants after seeing these photos. I guess you are the mechanic with the 2 NSX's that came over to take a look at the car! You were mentioned by the woman trying to sell it and I was just about to post on here as to what the car SHOULD be going for and how much does everyone think it would take to restore and bring her back to life, because depending on the costs associated with its resurection I might choose this instead of a 94 NSX.

Oh, btw its my first post! Hello NSX Prime!

Hello back to you and the lonely hearts club band ,, see post #57.How much you could spend on a resto depends on the extant or frame/panel damage,and how much sweat equity you can put in.

Glad to see someone else is a beatles fan :smile: . 15 to 20K is no problem, but aside from the engineering of NSX's I dont know much about them, especially the costs affiliated with them. Which is just why I was inquiring as to how much a car in this condition would take to get back in shape. Just to see if it would be worth it for a prospective buyer such as myself... just any ballpark estimate would do. Prior to this car being on sale I was looking at NSX's with a similar amount of miles, 40k and below and years 91 to 94.

if the car has frame damage, i would not purchase it.

i didnt check the frame of the car since i saw all i needed to see.

owner just called and said she found the 6th gear.........:confused:

i didnt find it. she said she did. i found reverse in position of 6th gear.

anyways, the tranny number is 7001317.

thanks

Last edited:

well i cant say since i didnt check.

the front frame has been welded and repainted just right behind the driver side head light, i can say that much since i saw the new welds on it.

a car can pull and tug with out frame damage.

keep in mind the car has bondo on all panels.

draw your own conclusions. if anyone wants to know for sure, you can pay me for my time, gas, effort to drive out there and check for you :wink: its cheaper than a 2 way plane ticket, dont think i'll be making a second trip for shts and giggles :tongue:

once again in regards to the tranny,

called sos for a second opinion, we came to the conclusion that its a early edition 5 speed tranny since the numbers are sequential and 2300 range is the snap ring... so at 13xx, this tranny must have been made before the snap ring trannies which where way before the zanardi edition.

:smile:

from the tone of the conversation and regards to pricing quesitons, i believe the owner is relatively firm on the asking price. the owner originally wanted to ask for 32000 but his sister who has the car right now decided to price it at 30k. So.... im not sure if we will ever see the 15-20k range.

Last edited:

Sad but they may find a buyer at 25-30k who dose'nt know about prime nor cares.:rolleyes:

Madness... after having seen those pictures. Its a crying shame that a car like that is in that condition. Looks like the hunt is on again for a 91 to 94 car with low miles...

Thanks though! Really appreciate the input

Back