Zanardi #49 JH4NA2125XT000176

*UPDATE NOTE:*

This information provided below are only my opinion. I recieved a call from the owner stating that the information i listed is wrong and that i need to take it down.

Rather than taking it down because i was told to by the seller, please keep in mind that this post is only what i observed from the car, the pictures are the real deal and i did not do any photoshop on the pictures. pictures are not subjective but what i say is my opinion of the car and is not suppose to be held as gospel. I can see the sellers point of view since this information will make it harder to sell the car, however, loyality is to the community and im just presenting information as i saw it.

if your interested in the car, please look at the pictures and make your own judgements or even better, check out the car in person.

thanks!

Rob

=========================================================================

Just came back from a 3 hour trek to see #49 Zanardi NSX.

plaq1.jpg

i got a few prime members emailing and calling me about this car ... didnt feel right recommending it with out seeing it first so i went for a drive.

Its currently on cars.com being sold for $30000*

The car does have a previous salvaged title from accident.

im going to make this quick since my knee still hurts from clutching my car in the stop and go LA traffic. :mad:

car has been in a serious accident. there is not one body panel on that car that has not been touched. Extensive bondo work. Paint job is ok but you can clearly see the bondo groves in the paint when you look closely.

The car was hit from the back left side or the rear which is my feeling and then somehow all the body panels got damaged in the process.

The rear quarter panels does not line up to the light and there are gaps in the body. waves in the door from bondo.

The car originally came with a 3.2L 6 speed tranny and currently the car has the 3.2L engine (dont know if its the original or tranny). I didnt find 6th gear when i drove the car but the owner said she uses it all the time. could be a shifter miss alignment.

make sure you check when you go test drive the car.

The tranny number is 7001317 which is not in the snap ring range.

Shifter feel loose, gear engagement in first and second a little notchy.

Interior is reasonable, not clean by any means. Rip on the passenger seat. I didnt try a/c or radio but was told they work.

Front bumper does not line up to the hood, the passenger light is also off.

Rear bumper does not line up and is raised up.

Trunk does not open with out the key. condensation in both the rear lights.

Car did drive very strong and engine is in good shape. Would need a tune up. Idle is a little off.

current registration.

Just presenting the information, you has a buyer must make the decision.

Happy motoring.

Rob

z49one.jpg

z492.jpg

z493.jpg

z494.jpg

z495.jpg

z4six.jpg

z497.jpg

z498.jpg

z499.jpg

z4910.jpg

z4911.jpg

z4912.jpg

z4913.jpg

z49114.jpg

z49115.jpg

z49116.jpg

z49117.jpg

Saw this on the way home. made my day.

this is for LA for crying out loud, not the country where sisiters make wives.:biggrin:
lahick.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Zanardi #49.

Glad the 300k was just a typo after seeing the condition of the car. Doesn't even look much better after they 'repaired' it. :biggrin: its hard to find one panel that lines up correctly.

Wow. That's one of the roughest NSXs I've seen. You gotta love the way they have the spare in there facing the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Nice report, Robert... good job!

I noticed it had the wrong floor mats as well. :biggrin:

STEVE! once again, you know everything. i didnt even realize mats where off.

i bow down to the inifinit depth of you knowledge. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Glad the 300k was just a typo after seeing the condition of the car. Doesn't even look much better after they 'repaired' it. :biggrin: its hard to find one panel that lines up correctly.

lol!

300K. typo. ya i have fat fingers. :tongue:

How much for just the Zanardi plate?:biggrin:

Seems like she may need to be put out to pasture or to sleep!

That must have been some accident to require body work on all panels. I'm laughing at the most noticable roughness...headlights housing doesn't line up, trunk is definately bent, rear drivers quarter panel and bumper gap is huge.

$30K for this car is $20K too much even if its a Zanardi.

That must have been some accident to require body work on all panels. I'm laughing at the most noticable roughness...headlights housing doesn't line up, trunk is definately bent, rear drivers quarter panel and bumper gap is huge.

$30K for this car is $20K too much even if its a Zanardi.

it must have been a hell of a crash. the car had 500 miles when it was salvaged.... so must have been more than 60-70K in damage :eek: i tired pretty hard to find somewhere on the car with out bondo but every panel had bondo on it... and it was not just a little bit, it was thick stuff and completely over the panel. i was suprised.

i had a hard time pricing the car mentally.

salvaged 99 3.2 6 speed i would probably guess around 25k ish?

this is a zanardi and it has collector value but in this condition... im not so sure. i thought it could be worth 30k till i saw the car in person.

it does not have the 6 speed tranny but it is blazingly fast with the 5 speed.

anyways, with the 5 speed, i would probably pay not pay more than 20k for the car in the current condition.

im sure we all buy the 97+ nsx for the 3.2L 6 speed tranny and this nsx is missing 1/2 the equasion.

really?

looks like bushed alunium but what the heck do i know. didnt even know the zanardi mats had red trim :tongue:

My bet is the frame is beyond repairable. Probably needs a bunch of factory new suspension pieces too. I agree with JetPilot--price it as a donor car

That car is TOAST.

That has to be the absolute worse condition NSX I've ever seen on the road.
I don't blame the guy for hanging his head like it shows in the second pic. Or for the girl to not even be looking at him(embarassed) or the car(pathetic).
It needs to be put out to pasture.:frown:

Yeah time to put 49 out of its misery.

Sad but I would expect #69 to look that way.:tongue: Looks like it could have been married to some of you guys posting in the marriage yay or nay thread.:wink:

That poor bugger makes me want to cry.

Somebody oughta shoot it and put it out of it's misery.

Back