Wow...Are NSX prices falling?!?!

I think the Canadians plan to steal all of our NSX's

I bought the best car I could find when I was looking. Imported it from Chicago 4 years ago. I would guess that around half the NSXs in Canada are now imports from the US. Not just NSXs are coming to Canada. All high end toys are on sale if you are willing to cross the border to shop. Lambos, Ferraris, motor homes, boats, motor cycles, condos, you name it. Prices have never been lower. I think the states of Arizona and Florida are now majority Canadian owned for specific types of properties. I am waiting for deals to get even better to buy.
US banks won't lend money, but Canadian banks will, because Canadians use line of credits on properties without mortgages as collateral.

Last edited:
I bought the best car I could find when I was looking. Imported it from Chicago 4 years ago. I would guess that around half the NSXs in Canada are now imports from the US. Not just NSXs are coming to Canada. All high end toys are on sale if you are willing to cross the border to shop. Lambos, Ferraris, motor homes, boats, motor cycles, condos, you name it. Prices have never been lower. I think the states of Arizona and Florida are now majority Canadian owned for specific types of properties. I am waiting for deals to get even better to buy.
US banks won't lend money, but Canadian banks will, because Canadians use line of credits on properties without mortgages as collateral.

American money has depreciated against the Canadian money thusly Candians can buy US NSX's on the cheap. USA NSX hasnt gone done, just the US Dollar.

I don't know, so far my NSX price has been stable at the price I paid past 5 years ago. I remember the 2005 was selling at $70k in 2008. Has that also pretty much held its value?

I remember a buddy of mine with an 03' NSX sold it for mid $40k in 09'. He finally figured out that $800~1000k monthly payments for something that just sits in the garage was not a wise financial move.

Why would you base a "prices are falling" statement on this car? Had a TB/wp done 8 years ago - probably will need about 5k to 7k worth of work done. I wouldn't say prices are falling. I'd say fairly realistic for what it needs.

There was a recent post saying that some of the best NA2 examples were being snapped up by Japan.

Its more likely to be Hong Kong as shipping 'into' Japan is very difficult. We had several late cars snapped up from the Uk by a buyer from HK, they also took a few classic Red/Black early cars in stock condition.

The difficulty of importing to Japan is also demonstrated by the prices being asked and met in the JDM market.

Only last week an 02 model in ... wait for it .... Lime Green with Yellow leather sold for ~ 11m yen, which was over the original dealer ticket price :confused:

Certainly the hardest to find are 3.2 pop-ups here in the UK. Importing from JDM market would cost double that of the best UK examples. The good news is it supportin values very nicely :smile:

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask ... How do you guys value a pop-up that's had the 02 treatment (pref OEM parts). Do you avoid, buy at small premium over stock or other??

regards, Paul

Its more likely to be Hong Kong as shipping 'into' Japan is very difficult. We had several late cars snapped up from the Uk by a buyer from HK, they also took a few classic Red/Black early cars in stock condition.

The difficulty of importing to Japan is also demonstrated by the prices being asked and met in the JDM market.

Only last week an 02 model in ... wait for it .... Lime Green with Yellow leather sold for ~ 11m yen, which was over the original dealer ticket price :confused:

Certainly the hardest to find are 3.2 pop-ups here in the UK. Importing from JDM market would cost double that of the best UK examples. The good news is it supportin values very nicely :smile:

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask ... How do you guys value a pop-up that's had the 02 treatment (pref OEM parts). Do you avoid, buy at small premium over stock or other??

regards, Paul

On the 02 conversion - that's a tough one. Personally, I would not value it as highly as an unmolested stock NA1 or NA2. It's an expensive "upgrade" that is of dubious value. Some might disagree but then let's see what they sell for...
I would always value a stock car over one that has had any kind of body work done to make it look newer. That's just me but I believe that's the attitude of most car purists. Take the 911 3.2 Carrera Turbo - some wanted the slant nose and so they bought steel OEM parts and did that - no one would consider that as they would an original even if the same panels out of steel were put on.

I think visual mods take a way from the value personally.

Back