Wow...Are NSX prices falling?!?!

I haven't seen one listed this low that wasn't wrecked. Wonder if it's salvage, even though you're required to list it in the post. Maybe the headlights?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=4102626

That doesn't look like the one I'd be going after. Paint and interior - excellent - ok how bout the mechanicals - I bet this one needs a lot of stuff. I would also wonder if it was a salvage title too. But it has to have been ridden hard and put up wet. Needs tires from what I can tell from the photo. It looks generall funky. Proceed at your own risk - if anyone was interested in this one - better find a real good shop for a Pre Purchase Inspection.

That doesn't look like the one I'd be going after. Paint and interior - excellent - ok how bout the mechanicals - I bet this one needs a lot of stuff. I would also wonder if it was a salvage title too. But it has to have been ridden hard and put up wet. Needs tires from what I can tell from the photo. It looks generall funky. Proceed at your own risk - if anyone was interested in this one - better find a real good shop for a Pre Purchase Inspection.

I agree with Tim on this one, if it sounds to good to be true.....

On a side note, I think the prices have actually gone up this year. From what I have seen, cars comparable to mine are about 3-4k more in asking price now. Maybe the NA1's are starting to lose a little bit, but doesn't seem the case with NA2's or new body styles at all.

J

On a side note, I think the prices have actually gone up this year. From what I have seen, cars comparable to mine are about 3-4k more in asking price now. Maybe the NA1's are starting to lose a little bit, but doesn't seem the case with NA2's or new body styles at all.

J

+1 I think the prices of the na1's with higher mileage are dropping. the ones with lower end miles are staying the same. the na2s are the same

I drive a 1991 Black/Ivory. I bought my NSX in May 2010. I Bought it from a prime member in Virginia. I got my car for 30K less than the one advertised here on Kijiji. I have heard of a couple more NSX coming into Winnipeg this year, hopefully we will get a few showing up to the car shows and cruising the avenue.

I have to say that if I had 75K to spend on a 2005 I would seriously be looking at another car. When you get into that price range there are just so many good cars that open up. Even save up a bit a get an early R8.

R8's won't be in the 70's anytime soon. In the local area there is an 08 R8 (r-tronic) with 16k miles that the owner dropped to $92k.

But most don't want the first model year with the dated dash. 09+ R8's have the LED gauge cluster so most of the 09's are still 105-110k range. It won't be anywhere near the NSX for quite sometime.

J

+1
I think the prices on the NA2's hit rock bottom last year. I see cars comparable to mine around 5K more than I paid last summer.

+1
I think the prices on the NA2's hit rock bottom last year. I see cars comparable to mine around 5K more than I paid last summer.

Agreed 100% I also got a great deal last year. I also think the more desirable colors will bring a premium. Also depends on your location, if your in california the prices are reasonably lower because the quantity is so much higher, then compared to some bum village in upstate new york.

I notice as of late that the prices for a nice well maintain na1 are getting higher and that I'm seeing less and less of the 02+ for sale and if there is one the prices are up there. So I'm thinking that the appreciation on these cars are continuing to climb

The banks are making it very difficult to borrow money to buy cars. Once the banks start lending money again, prices for high ticket items such as cars and homes will start to head back up.

Only those with great credit can borrow from banks.

For now, if you can pay all cash, you can get a good deal.

I dunno about prices but rare colors and mint examples will ALWAYS command the most money regardless of economy, banks, etc since there will always be capable buyers around who snatch up the nice cars.

ImolaOrange03: I took a recent small loan and bank was willing to borrow up to $85k (bank deemed full value of my car) :wink:

I have a 96 T, red and saddle, super clean that I purchased from my father. It has 30,000 miles. My father purchased the car from the original owner with 5000 miles on it. Dad wanted $30k, I got him to $25k, then noticed it had the a/c issue and antenna wasn't working (you know, major issues, wink wink) so I whined a little and got him to $20k. Got to love Dad.

It is pretty amazing though to see a car like the nsx 15-20 years old selling for the dollars they are selling for. Great to see.

I have a 96 T, red and saddle, super clean that I purchased from my father. It has 30,000 miles. My father purchased the car from the original owner with 5000 miles on it. Dad wanted $30k, I got him to $25k, then noticed it had the a/c issue and antenna wasn't working (you know, major issues, wink wink) so I whined a little and got him to $20k. Got to love Dad.

It is pretty amazing though to see a car like the nsx 15-20 years old selling for the dollars they are selling for. Great to see.

I don't think your response is reflective of the OP question. I look at your purchase from your dad as more of a gift. siD

I dunno about prices but rare colors and mint examples will ALWAYS command the most money regardless of economy, banks, etc since there will always be capable buyers around who snatch up the nice cars.

ImolaOrange03: I took a recent small loan and bank was willing to borrow up to $85k (bank deemed full value of my car) :wink:

Factor in those who want to buy an NSX but can't get the bank loans or do not have enough cash just yet. The demand is definitely there. Especially for the rare colors... :biggrin:

Last edited:

sorry but your data point has too much bias...It would be dropped from the study:wink:

Wow, you took advantage of your own father!!! :smile: He must be a cool dad to let you have the car for that price. Now make him proud and wax it and make it look like it just rolled off the showroom.

Wow, you took advantage of your own father!!! :smile: He must be a cool dad to let you have the car for that price. Now make him proud and wax it and make it look like it just rolled off the showroom.

He was very generous. We are Both car guys but he felt bad as he wasn't getting around to driving it much and he knew I would. Initially, he didn't think it was going to be worth that much as it's 15 years old, but after we looked on line and saw what they were going for we were both shocked. Had we not looked on line he prob would have been happy with $20k. But he knew and hooked me up anyway. He was happy to keep it in the family, plus he can still drive it whenever he wants.

He was very generous. We are Both car guys but he felt bad as he wasn't getting around to driving it much and he knew I would. Initially, he didn't think it was going to be worth that much as it's 15 years old, but after we looked on line and saw what they were going for we were both shocked. Had we not looked on line he prob would have been happy with $20k. But he knew and hooked me up anyway. He was happy to keep it in the family, plus he can still drive it whenever he wants.

Thats cool, my dad isn't much of a car guy. I gave him a ride in my NSX once and he just wanted to go around the block...well it was a residential neighborhood and I only could go 25mph. I asked hime if he wanted to go on the freeway so he could see how quick it was and he said..."no thanks". LOL Oh well.

Thats cool, my dad isn't much of a car guy. I gave him a ride in my NSX once and he just wanted to go around the block...well it was a residential neighborhood and I only could go 25mph. I asked hime if he wanted to go on the freeway so he could see how quick it was and he said..."no thanks". LOL Oh well.

He missed out!

Sounds like we have the same father. I lent my father my Cayenne TT-S to travel 500 miles to my little brother's house and enjoy the trip. When he showed up to take my truck he pulled out a magnetic mount CB antenna (!) and slapped it on the roof. (!!!)

Back