Windshield Replacement

I was driving back on I-5 Yesterday when a rock hit the windshield. Upon closer inspection, there is a 3 inch crack in the glass. I assume that OEM glass is not available. Who has recently replaced their windshield, where was it done (near Sacramento) and was it an insurance claim or did you pay for it?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Oem glass should still be available but in short supply. Ask Nastro about it. He recently replaced his windshield.
Also check with insurance for repair option. If the crack isn't in your direct view you can try to have it repaired. Cracks less than six inches usually qualify for repair at no cost to you (most insurance coverage's don’t charge for repair )

Last edited:
Jon mentioned Shad sourced the last OEM windshield available... you might want to ask Shad to be sure. Jon had to negotiate with his insurance to cover the OEM windshield, they wanted to install a cheaper windshield. I believe Shad installed the windshield.

Mike

Last edited:
Quick question guys. What if in couple of years my windshield needs to be replaced and OEM is not available, what should people look for an aftermarket glass? Is there anything special with the glass of our cars?

Thank you

Nim

Back