Window upgrade help

I am probably the only guy on the West Coast who has completed the Hugabuga window upgrade. I'm pretty good at it after installing the kit on both of my window regulators.

I'm, thinking that we should have a Window Regulator Re-build Day.

Is anyone interested?

I've had no issue with mine... but I've sure heard (read) about lots of issues.

Your thoughts on prophylactic action?

Last edited:
You need me to explain prophylactic action to you? :biggrin:

The NSX windows gradually slow with age due to a bad design in the cable system. Hugo, in Portugal, has developed a DIY fix-it kit that restores the speed of the windows to a little-better than new condition. Read about it here.

I was the first on his list and just finished my install. As it is quite an undertaking, I thought those in the Nor Cal area may like some help/tutoring to get theirs done.

As far as preventative (prophylactic) action, there is really nothing that can be done to prevent it, but you should have the Dali Thingies before your plastic regulator cable connectors break.

Wow, that looks a bit complex! I volunteer to have you help me :) I paid $250 to have my driver-side window re-greased like 5 years ago, and they put in the fix-it.. Of course that's the window that was smashed when I got broken into, and the window is not as smooth anymore.

The passenger side is even slower and I never put the fixit in there..

-Josh

If and when the window repair day happens, I'll be happy to document the process with some pictures and turn it in to a mini-how-to PDF.

That's not even funny John. You know your windows are the fastest in town! :wink:

Wow, that looks a bit complex! I volunteer to have you help me :) I paid $250 to have my driver-side window re-greased like 5 years ago, and they put in the fix-it.. Of course that's the window that was smashed when I got broken into, and the window is not as smooth anymore.

The passenger side is even slower and I never put the fixit in there..

-Josh

The fix-it thingie that they probably installed only replaces the cable anchors, it does not address the drag induced by the 180 degree turn that the cable does over the nylon guide. Hugabuga's pulley replaces that guide and increases the speed of the window.

I'd be happy to help you do it. You do still have beer at your house, right? :biggrin:

i'd love some help... if you are ever in Tahoe, youd also get lunch with your beer!

Selwyn

You're on!

Wow Ken, good job! So tell us..........whats your honest opinion and review about it?

This fix is the real deal. It works exactly as promised, but as I found out with my first (passenger) window, it's a pretty delicate operation. I figure if I can help out a couple people who can learn how to get it right and then pass it on to a few more...

Well, you get the picture. :wink:

I am probably the only guy on the West Coast who has completed the Hugabuga window upgrade. I'm pretty good at it after installing the kit on both of my window regulators.

I'm, thinking that we should have a Window Regulator Re-build Day.

Is anyone interested?

I think I'd be interested in this. Let us know when the "WRRD" is andif I'm available I'll show up with an NSX, the kit, tools, my hands and learning cap.

J

I ordered the window upgrade kit and look forward to my windows rolling up and down like they should.:biggrin:

I just found this post by "accident" :biggrin:

It's nice to see some honest positive feedback and voluntary help between you guys!

Any doubt about the kit installation please do not hesitate to ask I am always here to help.
I am finishing the PDF instructions this weekend, these will be online very soon.

Just a short reply to Joshs: ChopsJazz is right the fix-it thingy has nothing to do with speed.
Are you sure they realigned the window tracks after replacing the driver glass?
Check the driver wires/connector if passenger window gets faster when operated from the passenger switch.

I may be traveling in the USA this summer, for a coast-to-coast road trip. Perhaps we could organize that regulator day if that's in my route or in a NSX meeting? What do you think, would it be of any interest to you?

Meet you in the Do-It-Yourself or vendor section! :biggrin:
Thank you all
Hugo

Last edited:
I may be traveling in the USA this summer, for a coast-to-coast road trip. Perhaps we could organize that regulator day if that's in my route or in a NSX meeting? What do you think, would it be of any interest to you?

Hugo, it would be great to meet you and have a fix-it day with you!

Is that you in your avatar? Are you going to wear that bikini? :wink:

If your windows are slow and you have been following this thread then you know what the upgrade is.

All the NSXes have a flawed window regulator that Hugabuga has re-engineered. I got one of the first kits to come into the country and have figured out the intricacies of the install. I'm just offering help to those who have ordered the kit and want some guidance for the DIY.

I'm in for the first ever "WRRD" :biggrin: I ordered a kit last week; not sure when I'll get it though.

It would be great to meet up with Hugo when he's out here!

Ken,
I just sent in my payment to Hugo, great job on his part, and thanks for sharing your time and knowledge too. Also, it was nice meeting you at the ALMS.

Phong

Hugo ships pretty darned quickly and you guys may just have your parts pretty soon. I am also setting up a day to get some clear-bra and tinting done on a couple cars.

It may be a little ambitious, but maybe we could do it all on one day? Right now I'm shooting for the weekend of June 26, but I have to confirm this on a couple different levels.

Back