win xp pics resize

I used to be able to resize pics with win xp pro, you know so they would be postable on prime. But I've forgotten how any suggestions ? Would like to update my avatar for the new year. Thanks for the help.

Simplest way is with Microsoft Paint, under the accessories menu. XP also has a picture editing application thatwill come up when requested at the bottom of the viewer application. I am sure NEO or Phoenix will chime in with a more detailed answer.

It's a free add-in for Windows XP.
Once installed, just right-click (in Windows Explorer) on any picture file and there will be a "Resize Picture" option.

Click here to get it.

Last edited:
<B>ncdogdoc</B> : :D How did you know I was going to give a lesson in the differences between bicubic and bilinear resizing. :p

DONYMO : nice app ... <A HREF="http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe">powertoys Image resizer direct download link</A>

This will work okay; nice and easy. One problem is there's no control over the amount of jpeg compression you are applying. So your pix may be slightly blocky. :(

DONYMO said:
It's a free add-in for Windows XP.
Once installed, just right-click (in Windows Explorer) on any picture file and there will be a "Resize Picture" option.

Click here to get it.

Thanks!! Now I remember!!!!!

This is the original size
My NSX Dyno.jpg

Thanks Mark , how 's everything? Coming to Stl any time soon. Want to ride in a Fi nsx. Did you see my upgrades on decembers wallpaper?

Kelly, The car looks great! Not sure when I will be in StL; but, with my schedule of track events, I will be passing through in the near future. When I do I will let you know and we can set up a small GTG.

Back