why won't my car sell???

vtec888 said:
Some people modded their car for looks and recognition, so it doesn't mean for abusive driving. It's probably in the garage or shop most of the time.

Probably going to get flamed here...but IMO people who do it just for looks are the worst offenders of abuse.

Example...Huge ass wing on a saturn. Just for looks? Has to be there can't be any function for a HAW on a saturn. Yet the person who owns it sure thinks it works great when he is street racing the saturn.

LOL...huge ass wing on a saturn. LOL Now, that's not for looks...that's for stupidity.

If I was a millionaire, then I would probably buy an NSX, spend 100K on mods and stick it back in the garage and have the best NSX in the world :)... that's just me. No matter how careful a driver we are, the surrounding of other drivers are the ones we need to worry about.

steveny said:
Probably going to get flamed here...but IMO people who do it just for looks are the worst offenders of abuse.

Example...Huge ass wing on a saturn. Just for looks? Has to be there can't be any function for a HAW on a saturn. Yet the person who owns it sure thinks it works great when he is street racing the saturn.

If I wasn't 21 and in school, I'd figure something out to buy it myself...

BUT... i can afford a $7000 car, not a $38000 one.

Modded cars are tough to move, especially ones with mods to the engine, NSX or not.

If you want to sell, your best bet may be parting it out and selling the parts and NSX separately. You'd get more $$$ that way also. I'd hate to see the gorgeous car be stripped to sell, but for your best interest, may be best bet.

My actual advice.... keep it!!

vtec888 said:
If I was a millionaire, then I would probably buy an NSX, spend 100K on mods and stick it back in the garage and have the best NSX in the world :)... that's just me. No matter how careful a driver we are, the surrounding of other drivers are the ones we need to worry about.

No offense, but being a millionaire and building an insane NSX and sticking it in the garage makes no sense. Jay Leno has some of the most valuable cars on the planet and makes it a point to drive them. JMHO.

Back to the OP, your car looks sweet, but 38k for an 91' that has some seat bolster wear and major mods is not going to sell compared to car that is newer with low miles especially a NSX-T. JMO a similar priced NSX-T is much more market friendly. Good luck selling it though, I understand what it is like to want to get back some of the effort and passion you put into it.

nicholas421 said:
I've had my car listed (here and autotrader.com) for a few months now. I've had several emails and phone calls from interested buyers but only 1 person came by to see it. At $38k I think it's a bargain. It's heavily modded but I think most people think it's tastefully done. So then why is it not selling?? :mad:http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52502

The cost....eventhough the mods are very nice, and expensive, when people look and see that they can buy either a '91 NSX (albeit with mods) or a '95 NSX-T for similar money, people will usually shy away from the '91. Also, for those getting car loans, the terms for getting a new car will be longer and might mean a buyer could buy a *newer* car for less monthly payments.

I'd be interested but it's September and fall/winter is coming..I won't buy a car until Feb/March. If it's still around then let's talk. Would require a compression and leakdown test etc and full inspection of course.

Last edited:
I think this car is awesome!!! If I hadn't already purchased my heavily modded 93 last year, I would jump on this car at $38k. Why? This car has some serious $$$ in mods, and I love mods.

I feel the stock NSX is.... well… stock. I don't want my car looking like everyone else’s. The more things I do to it, the more the car takes on the personality I want it to have. Plus, all the shortcomings I feel these cars have (brakes, power, exhaust, etc.), I can make up at the expense of someone else. My car has about $20k in aftermarket parts, and I love the fact that I paid about the same as a bone stock NSX. Did the previous owner beat on my car? I don’t know. Did he take it to the track every weekend?? I can’t tell. How does one determine and/or gauge abuse of a car? I have added almost 20k miles to my car with just an oxygen sensor needing replacement. That’s not bad in my book for a car with lots of mods. Some like it stock and some like the mods. That’s cool, to each his own.

You will sell this car, its just going to take some time. Like others have mentioned, strip off all the good parts and return the car to stock. Sell all of the parts and you will probably make more than selling the car as a whole. Good luck!!

LeftLane said:
FWIW, I sold my 95 NSX-T with 50k miles (all stock, save wheels) for $34k. The simple answer is, you're car isn't selling because it is priced too high.

38k is too much for most people to consider for a car that has been modified...however 34k for a T with 50k miles is really cheep..unless it was beat up ...If you have another that is nice, I will buy it!

If you are remotely considering returning to stock (and I doubt it) I'd love to talk about what you'd like for the Honda badged steering wheel. PM me if you'd consider moving it.

comquat1 said:
If you are remotely considering returning to stock (and I doubt it) I'd love to talk about what you'd like for the Honda badged steering wheel. PM me if you'd consider moving it.

Just have him paint the car Grand Prix White and buy it....you know you want to. :D

For some reason, I think many are afraid of aftermarket turbo's.
As far as the re-sale on mods, I think it depends on the mods.
I would not have paid as much for my car if it was 100% stock.
But did get about $5k in mods for next to nothing.

looks nice i'd buy it ;) i like the hood......just be patient maybe someone will want it later

TitaniumVtec just made the point we have all been making. Out of all of the posted replies, you have the one reply where not only do they want a heavily modded car, they apparently have the money to buy one. The intersection of those two points is critical, and rarely, in my experience do they intersect.
I still think your car is beautiful though.

You Tool......part it out, with all those mods and the 12 sets of tires you have in your garage, you should be able to get more than 38k. :biggrin:

Yeah part it out. Mods are a tough sell. What you think is cool, might not be to others. Most people want to "work" on their own cars to make it "their own". They don't want to buy one pre-made.

My two cents.

You just gotta wait for the right buyer. You also may want to sell the mods separately.

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in the car because it isn't CARB legal, rear valence, wheels, turbo charged, price is so high,... Like I said, you gotta wait for a buyer looking to buy something very close to what you have for sale. Your car is not common, so you may have to lower your price to increase its liquidity.

prova4re said:
You Tool......part it out, with all those mods and the 12 sets of tires you have in your garage, you should be able to get more than 38k. :biggrin:

DUDE!! I need tires BAD!! You have extras??

if i had not just bought a second one id buy it.....hell i wanna buy it to make three!!!

wanna trade,,,you could then sell one of mine not so modded :)
there is a great idea huh !!!!

zahntech said:
38k is too much for most people to consider for a car that has been modified...however 34k for a T with 50k miles is really cheep..unless it was beat up ...If you have another that is nice, I will buy it!

Yeah - I agree I gave the buyer a great deal, because the car was cherry. If I could buy it back at that price, I would!

Back