Why is this car still for sale?

I have a Black/Ivory and love it. When I first bought the car, I "settled" for the ivory as I really wanted black (so I could do the red carpet and red NSX-R seats). But, the price was so good and the car was mechanically (almost lol) what I wanted, that I pulled the trigger. After living with it for a few years, it has really grown on me. Now, I'm glad I have it.

As for the TB/WP issue, you should be fine driving that car home cross-country with a 7 year old belt. Although I am one of the biggest proponents here on Prime of doing maintenence on time (especially the TB), it's not like the belt will snap at 7 years and 1 day. Instead, it's a diminishing safety margin over time. As long as you're not bouncing it off the rev limiter the entire way home, it shouldn't be a problem. Like Shawn says, we do the maintenence so that we can drive the car 100% without worry.

FWIW, $24k for this car is a steal. Not quite as good as RobD's steal of the decade last year (also a Black/Ivory), but close. If I were in the market right now, I'd move on it immediately.

Steal of the Decade!!! I'll take that honor...it goes well with my "tightwad" persona:biggrin:...I do love the car and my modest updates...but I have been thinking about getting an 05. I'm just not sure about those bug eye headlights.

I have a Black/Ivory and love it. When I first bought the car, I "settled" for the ivory as I really wanted black (so I could do the red carpet and red NSX-R seats). But, the price was so good and the car was mechanically (almost lol) what I wanted, that I pulled the trigger. After living with it for a few years, it has really grown on me. Now, I'm glad I have it.

I had a similar experience but with Red/Ivory and originally wanted black. IMHO, a cared for ivory interior is one of the most visually attractive interiors for the NSX. It contrasts nicely with black panels and makes the cabin look a tad bigger than it really is.

Here's a good example:

4055NSX_Interior.jpg

The downside is that finding OE replacements is difficult at best and impossible not far behind. I've got a stash of various ivory parts in a closet that won't see the light of day until I can complete the interior with new/like new pieces.

Ivory seats and the ivory interior is very Sexy, when i was looking for my second NSX that was one of my criteria.

lol I'm another ivory interior fan:redface:

I also wanted a black/black color combo initially, but settled for black/ivory and never looked back. Sure, I was also thinking about doing the whole red interior theme which would have been easier with a black interior, but in due time I decided to keep the black/ivory theme :cool:

I love black on ivory. I had thought about getting a newer NSX, but I can't stay away.

I'd be very interested in this car if it sticks around here for a few months.

That car is super clean and it is a steal for that price. Even if you had to replace the timing belt on it and fix the typical things that needs addressing you would still be coming out on top.

Ivory parts are also discontinued and there's quite a few parts that are discontinued for the earlier models. An example would be like the speed sensors, when mine went bad I ended up using one from a newer model since the ones for the earlier ones were no more.

I would snap that car up in a heartbeat if I didn't have one already, of course verifying it that it is a clean car.

Agree on ivory being a set-back for many, but for the money I would have purchased this. In fact, if I wasn't about to sign my life away at my wedding in December (:wink:), I'd buy it and have two. I want a second one that I can daily drive and not worry about.

If I was searching, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Maybe time for another nsx... this one for a daily driver instead of my current? :biggrin:

I don't get it... if I was in my new garage I would have already been involved in serious discussions with the current owner... I don't see any reason at all that this car hasn't moved yet... especially with some of the clunkers I have seen roll through here lately :confused:

I also wanted a black/black color combo initially, but settled for black/ivory and never looked back. Sure, I was also thinking about doing the whole red interior theme which would have been easier with a black interior, but in due time I decided to keep the black/ivory theme :cool:

So funny, I wanted black/ivory but ended compromising on a blk/blk. Had no idea about the type r red theme at the time but am going to end up with it (love it) so I'm so glad I got blk/blk :)

Back