Why is it that the NSX is the only Honda that needs valve adjustments?

DanO:

I have a very consistent ticking as well, and it can be heard throughout the rev range. It has not inhibited performance at all, and I've been assured by 3 NSX techs that there is nothing wrong. What is a guy who knows very little about cars supposed to do? I can't take it across the country to another NSX tech, and I have to believe that these guys know what they are talking about, so....??

Very frustrating.

LeftLane said:
DanO:

I have a very consistent ticking as well, and it can be heard throughout the rev range. It has not inhibited performance at all, and I've been assured by 3 NSX techs that there is nothing wrong. What is a guy who knows very little about cars supposed to do? I can't take it across the country to another NSX tech, and I have to believe that these guys know what they are talking about, so....??

Very frustrating.

I’ve heard a lot of NSX engines over the years and most of them make some sort of “tick” sound at idle. On these message boards a few years ago, I suggested that they may be one or two sticky Lost Motion assemblies could cause the sound, or others have suggested injectors or oil pump. As far as I know, nobody has come up with the definitive answer.

Maybe you can meet up with some local NSXers and listen to their engines and compare the “tick” sound to your car to see if your engine sounds drastically different then the others.

DanO

Back