• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Why doesn't SOS compete head-to-head with Dali?

Ski_Banker

Suspended
Just wondering why the good folks at SOS don't just inventory everything on Dali's website, and then offer to sell it at the same price? :confused: Ya'll could drive him out of business in 6 months with "his" prices and "your" reputation.

Last edited:
I mean, I know this is the Obama age

Dammit, can't a dude even browse the vendor section without stumbling onto some politically charged comment? :rolleyes:

...But as to your main point, yes, I've often wondered the same thing...

Just wondering why the good folks at SOS don't just inventory everything on Dali's website, and then offer to sell it at the same price? :confused: I mean, I know this is the Obama age, but ya'll could drive him out of business in 6 months with "his" prices and "your" reputation.

Good luck at that. Something tells me the KTLO costs at SOS are a lot higher. Plus you can always sell vapor parts at lower prices.

In general: Why should a reliable vendor lower his prices to match the ones of an unreliable?

More pronounced: There are enough naive people who are blended by low prices and are even naiver to not recognize that they've been overcharged for what they got despite the lowest prices of all. :)

In general: Why should a reliable vendor lower his prices to match the ones of an unreliable?

More pronounced: There are enough naive people who are blended by low prices and are even naiver to not recognize that they've been overcharged for what they got despite the lowest prices of all. :)
Simply because he stands a chance of at least doubling his number of customers by taking Dali's away.

FWIW, I have been getting much quicker service from Mark than SOS of late. I know that bucks the conventional wisdom here, just saying...

FWIW, I have been getting much quicker service from Mark than SOS of late. I know that bucks the conventional wisdom here, just saying...

That's really nice till you get NO service at all. Not sure why people even risk dealing with him anymore. But to the OP, I agree. I've thought that for 2 years, if Dali's business practices are so bad, why doesn't SOS just offer everything that Dali does? Even if the prices had to be slightly higher at SOS just to deal with the store front costs they have vs. Mark, I'd still buy from them just because I KNOW that my parts will show up.

Chris?????

Just wondering why the good folks at SOS don't just inventory everything on Dali's website, and then offer to sell it at the same price? :confused: I mean, I know this is the Obama age, but ya'll could drive him out of business in 6 months with "his" prices and "your" reputation.

Your actually calling what he does a business??? :rolleyes:

I would love for someone to sell those parts other than Dali. I may actually buy more stuff for my car. But I refuse to deal with that guy..

SOS has a great business. It would be nice to see them sell more parts.

hijack.med.jpg

Some people want the best price and some want good service at a fair price. Dali is a low price vendor and SOS is a good service, fair price vendor each has it's place in the market place. Them going head to head will not improve Dali and would most likely lower the high standards of service SOS offers.

I have had dealings with Mark in the past and now regularly deal with SOS.

Last edited:
Since it is unlikely SOS would offer the complete catalog, I think a better question would be: what products are sold by Dali that SOS does not sell? Maybe a list of the top ten?

just like we all know it, you get what you pay for! our nsxs aren't civics where prices are cheap and for the most part not so hard to find. on the other hand, nsx parts from either vendors are offered at a limited bases whether it has to be made on special order or just ordered from japan and brought to the US/Canada. i think going with a more reputable vendor such as SOS compared to Dali (never dealt with Dali and don't plan to) is a better option in my opinion. like most people on the forum, i'm not willing to risk my time and money for something i am not guaranteed on getting. just me 2 pennies.

I personally have waited or not bought something for my NSX knowing that Dali sells them. For instance i want to buy a polished coolant tank for the past 3 months but i have not been able to find anyone selling it other than Dali. I have bought a couple of things from SOS and love the reliability and i know i will get it within a couple of days. I do hope SOS sells more things for the NSX but it would just hurt me in the pocketbook.

MJ has his supporters but new customer will be harder for him to attract due to his unusual responses and actions.

SOS has a robust business offering good service. It sells a good selection of parts at good prices.

I think MJ's challenge is coming from the dealer network itself. Just look in the vendor section and there are 2 new Acura dealers knocking out OEM parts at good prices. I would suspect I'm not alone in choosing them before Mj any day of the week / month / year!

regards

If you have a problem with the service, I'd definitely be interested in hearing from you so I can know how we can serve you better. You can send me a confidential message to [email protected].

Cheers,
-- Chris

Contact Dali to find out if the Coolant Tank is in stock and if so, order it and send him a check after you receive it.

I tried contacting him a while ago but never got a response. I probably wouldn't be able to resist donating the check to someone that burned by him.

Good luck at that. Something tells me the KTLO costs at SOS are a lot higher. Plus you can always sell vapor parts at lower prices.

I'm sure you're correct - the carrying costs of rarely ordered items would really add up and clutter things for SOS. Plus MJ does have that elusive Dali Advantage which SOS can't replicate. :tongue:

Perhaps SOS could market a program where they'll *source* pretty much anything Dali carries for the same price, as long as buyers understand they might have to wait a few days. Ie, have "in stock" items and "locatable" items.

That's what I'd do! :biggrin:

our nsxs aren't civics where prices are cheap and for the most part not so hard to find. on the other hand, nsx parts from either vendors are offered at a limited bases whether it has to be made on special order or just ordered from japan and brought to the US/Canada.

this is not a flame, just an observation.
majority of oem nsx parts are not that much more expensive than other models, sans trim items etc. which is reasonable based on number of cars made. also, if you note, a lot of aftermarket parts for the nsx are made by manufacturers making the same parts for civics or any other car. those parts are not requiring any special processes because they are for the nsx, yet the re-sellers are marking the prices 100-200% higher because they figure that nsx owners have money. personally, if i get that kind of 'business model' i walk away from the vendor as there is no other reason for that kind of treatment but pure profiteering, way past what a reasonable markup should be, and i don't care how nice you smile to me and 'appreciate my business'.
surely someone will say- if you can't afford it.....blah blah blah, thats not the point, i simply expect fairness not profiling.

edit: of course some part prices like supercharger manifold etc are dependent on quantity of cars sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't just about people with an NSX having more money. There aren't very many NSXs out there. You have to sell either a lot of parts at a low price or a small number of parts at a big price in order to make your money back and make it worth the effort of designing/building those parts in the first place.

If there was a million NSXs out there I'm sure it would be a completely different story. That also explains why the number of companies offering the parts is so small.

If SOS could just call up a distributor where Dali got all their parts and setup an account I'm sure they would.

this is not a flame, just an observation.
majority of oem nsx parts are not that much more expensive than other models, sans trim items etc. which is reasonable based on number of cars made. also, if you note, a lot of aftermarket parts for the nsx are made by manufacturers making the same parts for civics or any other car. those parts are not requiring any special processes because they are for the nsx, yet the re-sellers are marking the prices 100-200% higher because they figure that nsx owners have money. personally, if i get that kind of 'business model' i walk away from the vendor as there is no other reason for that kind of treatment but pure profiteering, way past what a reasonable markup should be, and i don't care how nice you smile to me and 'appreciate my business'.
surely someone will say- if you can't afford it.....blah blah blah, thats not the point, i simply expect fairness not profiling.

edit: of course some part prices like supercharger manifold etc are dependent on quantity of cars sold.

No harm done! Glad u pointed that out for me!

Back