Why are brake pads from the dealer $300.00 ?

Just had the car at the dealership for some routine work and was told the rear pads were marginal, figured I'd pick up a set while I was there and was quoted at the parts counter almost $300.00 for the set? That not installed:eek:
What are they thinking or am I out of touch, any reccomendations for reasonable pads:confused:

There are a couple of dealers that offer discounts to NSX owners. They have ads in the vendor section. I have used all three. I like to spread my money around.:wink:

Give Tim at Ray Laks Acura a call 1-888-RAY-LAKS. He's taken care of ALL my parts needs (from common general maintenance components to the esoteric replacement parts). He can get the pads for you at a much more reasonable price. Tim is not only knowledgeable about our cars, but he is very pleasant to work with.

Give Tim at Ray Laks Acura a call 1-888-RAY-LAKS. He's taken care of ALL my parts needs (from common general maintenance components to the esoteric replacement parts). He can get the pads for you at a much more reasonable price. Tim is not only knowledgeable about our cars, but he is very pleasant to work with.

Yes do as mentioned above.

The LIST price is $114.97 for the rear pads. Tim will give you a nice discount on that:).

Regards,
LarryB

Re: Thanks for the information

Not Ray - Tim. Do that, and you'll never want to call anyone else. Tim has the real deals, knows what he's talking about and is great to work with! I speak from experience.

A big +1!

Tim is the first person I call for OEM parts. If Tim doesn't have the cheapest prices, he's close enough. And he *always* ships super fast.

Responsible, friendly vendors deserve our support, and Tim is a great vendor.

I went through this process of pricing brake pads last winter.
Typically the US Acura dealerships sell parts for 25 - 30% less than Canadian dealerships. But not for brakes?

230.00 CDN (genuine HONDA parts)
So far, this is the only part that I have found less in Canada than the US. You have to think that the US brake parts are price wrong by Honda.

Your dealer might thought that each of the four pads is +- $75 instead of the hole (discounted) set.

I just replaced an ABS sensor on my NSX. I called Tim up last week right before the holiday weekend and was quoted that it'll take about 10 days to get the part delivered. I asked if I could have it in by yesterday (a total of 7 days with the holiday weekend in the middle) so I can make an event this weekend, and offered to pay for expedited shipping. Not only did he say he'll ensure the part was delivered on time at the regular cost, it actually came early. The part was also 40% less than what my local dealer (Pohanka) wanted. Thanks Tim! :biggrin:

Yes, Tim is great. Good deals, fast service.

The Project Mu pads are also a very good idea. I just installed a set of these and they seem very good.

I have project mu pads, had them for at least a year and a half. I like them. They don't dust much at all and don't squeal ever.

The Acura dealer replaced all the pads on the NSX and the fronts were 86 CDN dollars and the rears were 240 CDN dollars. The labour charges are hard to figure out but I think it was 86 dollars for each set. I was going to throw the service records out but maybe I should keep them even though I'm never selling the car.

I just placed an order at Tim's for both front and rear over the phone...Came out to be around $245 shipped.

Back