• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who wants to squeeze this into the Navpod?

http://www.carstereochick.com/2014/09/05/alpine-carplay-car-stereo-ilx007/

This picture caught my attention:

ilx-007-side-view-255x300.jpg

Could this be the first double DIN head unit that is shallow enough to fit in the navpod? Can someone who has a navpod handy measure if there is 3" of perpendicular depth behind the face?

at the top of the navpod its about 1 inch before it starts it downward angle

at the top of the navpod its about 1 inch before it starts it downward angle

Ah bummer. So a navpod would need considerable modification to fit even this shallow head unit - but it seems possible? Unlike a standard 2DIN?

the back of the navpod would look like a big square box wouldn't look like the oval shape over the speedo

anything is possible with enough time and money/effort

You'd have to tilt the unit, not the worst idea, but I bet you'll still need to cut the dash - since I have a spare dash I have been considering cutting it to fit a 2DIN unit because I could then have a nice big storage compartment in the console.

they should make a 2DIN head unit with preouts only. Most of the interior space is taken up by the crappy amps that no one uses anyway.

they should make a 2DIN head unit with preouts only. Most of the interior space is taken up by the crappy amps that no one uses anyway.

Yeah, 18w RMS, yuck. Pioneer's flagship single DIN has no amps in it, but it's $1200...

I'm waiting for android auto head units, that will be the pinnacle of integration with android phones.

Pioneer AppRadio 4 is $200 less. I struggle with the price of the alpine

Right, the Pioneer also has 4v preamp outputs for those of us concerned with sound quality. I just thought the packaging of this Alpine unit might enable previously-impossible installation scenarios.

Back