Who daily drives their NSX?

Maybe they are thinking of the same thing we are.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FramerJohn said:
A question for the daily drivers. Where do you guys park your NSX . People today are horrible with there doors , shopping carts and everything else they can throw at your car. Maybe its because I'm from Mass. There isn"t much respect around here. I love my NSX but hate to get out and leave it any where. I would be crushed to walk up and see a ding, dent or scratch.

I just look for someplace semi-safe and park there and walk a little extra distance. Usually I am fine.

Z18 said:
I switch between my Zanardi and my 996 turbo as my daily driver, but luckily my commute to work is only about 8-10 miles both ways (used to be a lot worse).

The parking lot is also nice, and I'm parking with people with whom I work and many of which who also drive nice cars, so no big worries there.

All in all I enjoy it... in fact, the sports cars that interest me are the ones you can drive to work, drive out in the hills or on a canyon run, and also take to the track.

Anything more specilized than that is either more than a sports car (e.g. a race car) or less than a sports car (a 'sporty' car).

Let me also add that I have about 35,000 miles on the Zanardi #18 (which will make some of you cringe, but others, hopefully, proud that I really drive my cars -- in fact, I sold my first Ferrari 360 with 14k miles on it and had tracked it many a time).

Anyway, ZERO problems. I did the oil changes (switched to Mobile 1 synthetic after a bit), and the general maintenance on schedule, and not only no problems, but the car still drives and feels like my wife's Lexus -- amazing quality. That an NSX can be a track car, sports car, and daily driver, and that it's one of the few that can do so, combined with it's incredible build quality, puts it way up there on the most incredible cars list as far as I'm concerned.

Z18 said:
Let me also add that I have about 35,000 miles on the Zanardi #18 (which will make some of you cringe, but others, hopefully, proud that I really drive my cars -- in fact, I sold my first Ferrari 360 with 14k miles on it and had tracked it many a time)...

I am proud of you!! Keep on driving!! :D

NCC-1701D said:
When i need to park the NSX in a parking lot..I park far away from cars..(like I leave lots of open stalls around my car....I hate it when someone parks next to me when there are still plenty of opens stall to chose from..
That exactly what I am doing - park far away... but after you back from the shop, there's some other car just park next to your NSX. People saw a nice car, always like to part next to it. :rolleyes:

NSX G-Force said:
That exactly what I am doing - park far away... but after you back from the shop, there's some other car just park next to your NSX. People saw a nice car, always like to part next to it. :rolleyes:

True, and a little walking never hurt anyone. Also, if you go to lunch or something with friends, you can have them park next to you as an added buffer.

I'm generally not afraid to park the NSX at places, though I'm careful. The 996 turbo, though more expensive, gets little attention since it looks like just another porsche boxster to the untrained eye. The s2000 is no issue.

Now the 360 CS... that's an issue, and I usually don't park it in parking lots other at all... just special occasions, and FAR from other cars... that, and you have to watch it from whereever you're eating for whatever. Not that it's not flattering to get the attention, but you have to be careful too.

Back