Which Year is Best?

Zanardi?

Certainly not the NSX I would pick since I have mod fever and would improve upon it in terms of handling and power, which I already have.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Nukem,

Not really my friend. I wish I could say yes but I really have other plans. One thing is I'm retiring at the end of May and moving to Florida as soon as our house sells. I'm selling off 2 other cars and we'll be down to one and 2 golf carts for a while till I find the right car. You see i plan to tour this country and I've always wanted to do that in a car that will hold 2 sets of clubs and luggage - unfortunately that is not the description of an NSX. But it is the description of a 911 Targa 4 - so that will be the next ride till I get that out of my system and then I hope to get another NSX. We'll see - that's a few years away. So that's the plan right now. FIrst things first though and we have a lot to do right now. We already have our house in FL so it's a matter of time. Then I'll drop in on Shawn!

then in that case, don't retire for another year so you can take that money to roll in a suped up NSX.....

Batman,

You know "improvement" is in the eye of the beholder and some don't think, for NA, that a Zanardi can be improved upon. It's a later model coupe and I still say that a late model coupe, i.e., a Zanardi is at least as desireable as anything else I can think of in a stock NSX. (I think that's the latest model coupe but there may be a very few later than that out there but they are so rare as to be like finding a "unicorn").

Of course if we could get our hands on a real NSX-R, that is set up for American roads, well that might be the holy grail. Then there was the guy on Prime - everybody's hero - that took a white late model NSX and fixed the roof and turned it into an exact replica of the NSX-R - not sure if he's still out there posting. I wonder if he still has that awesome car!

As to the retirement date - for a lot of reasons I'm going this year! Nice idea about saving a years salary though....
I want to start having fun ASAP! Somebody come to Atlanta and buy my house - now that would be a great help! If I got what I want for the house that would be good enough for the car!

Back