• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Where to BUY 2002+ Trunk Lid Lip Spoiler?

Can we get these in FRP instead of carbon fiber? Or any plastic material, I would rather have it color matched and dont want to pay the premium for carbon fiber

Procar's cf version

photo-11113-9e5fe3c5.jpg

photo-10876-46091484.jpg

photo-10877-29c91c2e.jpg

I feel like we have enough fabricators on this board that should be able to replicate Osiris's and vend them inexpensive to the members.

The production cost has to be well on the low end and even with a decent vendor markup, they should sell for well less than msrp.

But I'd be shocked if our vendors offered a replica in CF or FRP for less than $250... reality is the FRP should be no more than $80 tops, CF maybe $150

I just bought a spoiler that is very similar to this for my RSX. Paid $100 shipped, and it was color matched. I think pricing for anything NSX related is going to be significantly more expensive due to the low build quantities, and of course the NSX tax

I just bought a spoiler that is very similar to this for my RSX. Paid $100 shipped, and it was color matched. I think pricing for anything NSX related is going to be significantly more expensive due to the low build quantities, and of course the NSX tax

More so the "NSX tax" than anything, especially for something with a basic shape like a lip spoiler. Some other things I can understand.

Even the DF CF rear window garnish is high priced at around $500, but its a complicated shape so I totally get it. As listed before on this thread, these little lips are ridiculous even at MSRP pricing.

Your average vendor will price their item accordingly to the MSRP... for this specific piece, I am sure our vendors (that will end up making their own) will come in much lower... but how much lower is the question. Without naming certain vendors, I could see individuals making these all day in CF for $200 (likely wrapped) while I could easily see a couple others asking $500+ each.

When it comes to DF, the exception is people typically ask whatever DF asks, give or take a couple of bucks... like a Sony Playstation or Xbox, you can only sway so much before you either (A) lose money, or (B) lose sales.

Did you get it from Ebay? Those are the chinese ones and very cheap. Nobody stateside can do them for that kind of money painted.

Did you get it from Ebay? Those are the chinese ones and very cheap. Nobody stateside can do them for that kind of money painted.

We bought an eBay special for my wifes A4 about 5 years ago for just under the price EK paid... outside of not being a perfect paint match, we've had zero issues with it... its just not OEM but whatever... (shrug) its on the wifes car.

If someone really wanted to, they could buy "NSX -style" ones from eBay im sure, then attach them via the double sided 3M tape they come with, after cutting them to length or possibly having them color matched. Two weeks ago I didnt even know they existed period so probably not in my immediate plans either way.

I don't understand what is so difficult with this piece. It's a triangular piece of fiberglass that can be produced in black. It's held in place by 3M tape. If you want to have it painted, visit your local body shop. It doesn't have to be built to withstand hurricanes as it only sits up an inch or so. Why are we over-thinking this piece vendors? I only want it so that my rear bumper isn't dirty all the time. Come on guys.....

I don't understand what is so difficult with this piece. It's a triangular piece of fiberglass that can be produced in black. It's held in place by 3M tape. If you want to have it painted, visit your local body shop. It doesn't have to be built to withstand hurricanes as it only sits up an inch or so. Why are we over-thinking this piece vendors? I only want it so that my rear bumper isn't dirty all the time. Come on guys.....

I just got an idea for the next AT&T commercial.. "Its not complicated"

A few years back I made a dash board out of carbon. I started with a peice of foam shaped it then wrapped it in a carbon skin once I had set the carbon I pulled the foam out of the inside. Viola. , easy and cheap and could even be done in fiberglass. The NSX tax is effin outrageous, now that they have settled somewhat in price i think well start to see more DIY stuff coming out. Hopefully it'll balance the market somewhat.

We bought an eBay special for my wifes A4 about 5 years ago for just under the price EK paid... outside of not being a perfect paint match, we've had zero issues with it... its just not OEM but whatever... (shrug) its on the wifes car.

If someone really wanted to, they could buy "NSX -style" ones from eBay im sure, then attach them via the double sided 3M tape they come with, after cutting them to length or possibly having them color matched. Two weeks ago I didnt even know they existed period so probably not in my immediate plans either way.

By cheap I meant inexpensive. I have the trunk lid and rear window spoiler on my DD TL from china. Both look fine and no issues. I paid less than $150 for both on Ebay.

OK, I kind of got fed up with waiting for someone to create this small functional piece so I went to ebay and ordered this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-2000-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item23293c9cbd&vxp=mtr

I figure for $30, if I don't like it I can use it on another vehicle. But if I do like it I may get another for my stock wing as this one will be placed on the trunk deck. Might paint them, might not, we'll see the quality when it arrives this weekend. I'm only looking to keep the bumper clean and if I get any aero help at all it's a bonus.

How enterprising! You are a star VALHALLA.

There is another thread running at the moment regarding interest in a Gurney Flap for the stock rear wing. As you stated, this simple piece should be perfect for either application.

Your link says they have various sizes. Once you have received the lip spoiler would you be kind enough to let us all know if the size you have ordered would be OK to use as a Gurney Flap. Cheers TYSAMA.

I have that same winglet on the back of my RSX under the type S wing it fit perfectly and looks awesome, had it for 4 years now and the black still looks like it did the day I put it on. post a picture when you put it on your NSX, Ive thought a few time of ordering another one for mine.

So areodynamically, would this be better placed on the trunk deck or spoiler in order to keep the dirt down. I've not seen any airflow videos to help me.

Back