• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Where to BUY 2002+ Trunk Lid Lip Spoiler?

I'm in! I thought NSX1145 (S2Carbon Works) was going to produce one?

I don't understand what is so difficult with this piece. It's a triangular piece of fiberglass that can be produced in black. It's held in place by 3M tape. If you want to have it painted, visit your local body shop. It doesn't have to be built to withstand hurricanes as it only sits up an inch or so. Why are we over-thinking this piece vendors? I only want it so that my rear bumper isn't dirty all the time. Come on guys.....

Lol, no kiddin. Im fabbed a gurney flap for my comptec wing with materials from home depot. Saved myself a ton of money :).

B@t

Received it in the mail today all rolled up. Letting it "rest" while regaining it straight normal shape. FIY, it is 47" so it would have to be trimmed a bit to fit on the rear deck or on top of the OEM wing. As it did roll up, mounting this to follow any curves or bends will be extremly easy. And it comes with two 3M strips already applied to the piece. But I think I will take it to my body shop and have them match the color.

OK, I kind of got fed up with waiting for someone to create this small functional piece so I went to ebay and ordered this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-2000-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item23293c9cbd&vxp=mtr

I figure for $30, if I don't like it I can use it on another vehicle. But if I do like it I may get another for my stock wing as this one will be placed on the trunk deck. Might paint them, might not, we'll see the quality when it arrives this weekend. I'm only looking to keep the bumper clean and if I get any aero help at all it's a bonus.

Haha, awesome! Ill post a pic of mine later today. I spent about 6.00 at home depot to fab mine.

B@ t

;).

B@t™

- - - Updated - - -

IMG-20130412-05387.jpg

Sneek peek ;).

B@t™

So areodynamically, would this be better placed on the trunk deck or spoiler in order to keep the dirt down. I've not seen any airflow videos to help me.

I don't have a video, but I posted some pictures here along with my take on the trunk lid underspoiler Honda introduced in 2002.

I bought mine years ago from Dali. If I remember correctly, the OEM trunk lid underspoilers have clips that fit into holes at the trailing edge of the trunk deck. Since I don't want to drill holes into my trunk deck, aftermarket was the way to go.

Sorry, but had shoulder surgery and the car is in the shop with a bad fuel pump. I'll try and load some pics later of what was sent me.

Thanks VALHALLA,

Definitely needs to be painted. Once that's done I think it will look spot on. Very subtle and for $30 plus paint -- can't really go wrong. I will order one today.

Thank you sir. The paint only cost me a case of beer and they were even able to match the Spa Yellow Pearl. No easy feat in itself. I'm very pleased with the look.

Not exactly what I had envisioned but final product looks good. I haven't followed this thread for awhile but I thought we were talking about the lip spoiler on the trunk lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We were, but the more I got fooling around with what I purchased, it's shape and what I wanted it to do, it just ended up on top of the spoiler. I still may find something for the trunk deck, so stay tuned. The good news, for me, is my body shop can now match my color and that ain't easy.

Back