When is the best time to go to Hawaii??

Planning on taking a trip to Hawaii and was wondering when is the best time to go there? Meaning when is it less crowded. Also I was told there is something called a resident card - what is this??

Thanks for your help in advance!! :D

When: March-May time... I think these are the times you can go out and see the whales as they migrate pretty sweet... Would also recomend flying over to Hawaii for a day and going on a helicopter cruise over the volcano very sweet. Going out on the America's Cup sailboat is very sweet also... when we went there was 13' swels but prepare to get soaked!
Where: Maui

Where to say.... Well I have been twice first time Stayed at the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa best hotel I have ever been in
http://www.grandwailea.com/

The second time I went we stayed in the Ritz Carlton in Kapula Maui... If you are a golfer thats the place to be but just not for me... I prefer resorts that fit the surroundings the ritz is a ritz really... Same there as Chichago as NYC...
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/kapalua/

Not to diverge from the main topic, but does anyone know when it is the most CROWDED time? I figure that's the best time to catch the most bikinis on the beaches. Plus, it just doesn't seem like a vacation to me if lots of people aren't around.

Best time to go??? ANYTIME!:D

I think off peak time is summer....heavy time is winter/christmas... but its not like the islands are deserted during the offtime, but Christmas IS peak time.

Anytime that Travelocity farewatcher sends me a flight that fits my price range.
Back after 9/11 occurred and the airlines were hurting I received a e mail with a $325.00 round trip airfare to Hawaii from Newark. By the time I lined up all the family to go (30 minutes) all the seats had booked.

svalleynsx said:
Not to diverge from the main topic, but does anyone know when it is the most CROWDED time? I figure that's the best time to catch the most bikinis on the beaches. Plus, it just doesn't seem like a vacation to me if lots of people aren't around.

A few thoughts.

If you don't want crowds then avoid Oahu.

Christmas can get pretty crowded but I always feel its worse at the end of summer (late Aug. early Sept.) as families seem to take their final hurrah summer vacation before the kids go back to school.

Granted, as a hapa, I'm biased but I don't think there's any bad time to visit the islands.

I went on my honeymoon last sept-oct the weather was awesome i went to maui and then kauai. I stayed at the fairmont kea-lani in maui It was awesome. def. reccommend it.Next door was the Four Seasons that was even nicer. Great restaurants lots of things to do
In Kauai it was a little more remote not much to do I stayed at the princeville. Awesome hotel Beautiful view very expensive great restaurants in it.
Have a great time.
Paul M

Re: NSXer has Bed and Breakfast on Hawaii

Soichiro said:
Don't forget Tom Croly, a 3-time NSX owner, has a bed and breakfast in Hawaii. You can reach him at [email protected] or check out his website at dreamscometrueonmaui.com

Has anyone stayed there? It looks nice.

For those that don't know Maui... Kihei is simply awesome. Its nowhere near as crowded as Lahaina and has some of the newest shops, best hotels (4 seasons, Renaissance, etc.) and great snorkeling and surfing beaches.

I love Kihei and highly recommend it to anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle that fortunately (or unfortunately) is beginning to overtake much of Maui now too.

Dreams Come True on Maui

Aloha Fellow NSXers,
Lots of very good advise about visiting Hawaii has already been posted in this thread. I am living my dream here on Maui and can add the following:

The busiest time to visit is when it is cold everywhere else. It is also the worst time to visit weather wise because in the winter is when we get the most rain. I live on the dry side of the island and we only get 10" of rain a year, but it almost all comes in the winter. But the whales are here from December to April and it is quite a thrill to see them. And I certainly can understand the desire to escape freezing temperatures on the mainland!

The summer months can be hot for some people, when the temperature will get to almost 90 degrees. It is also a bit busy because this is when families with school age kids are most likely to travel.

The best time to visit IMO is April to early June or September to Early December. This is when things are slowest and I think the weather is the best. You will rarely need reservations for restaurants or activities and the rates are a bit lower.

I advise people coming to Hawaii for 10 days or less to limit your visit to just one island. If you have more than 10 days, then it can be fun to spend 5 or more days on each island. You can get away with 1 to 3 days on Oahu, but don't spend any less than 5 days on Maui, Kauai or the Big Island. There is just too much to do and see on each of these Islands and each day that you fly from one island to another, you loose more than 1/2 the day in transit.

Of course "Da Best" Island is Maui!

I welcome any of you to come and stay here at Dreams Come True on Maui. I had to give up my NSX to realize my dream of living here, but I would love to host other NSX owners and "talk story" about the NSX.

Please visit my website at www.dreamscometrueonmaui.com and feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at (808) 879-7099 with any questions at all about Hawaii. (just don't call before noon!)

Tom Croly

Re: Dreams Come True on Maui

now we are talking...hey friend, how is you reservation in april? i just turned 31 the other day? how about a senior citizen discount on one of your cottages. I have never been to Maui............ please tell me more :D Can you staff pick us up from the airport or do we just get a cab or rent a car? it is appropriate to rent a car in Maui ...yes?

Tom,

I wish I had known you have this business, I would have definately stayed. WOW, your place looks very relaxing.

We were going to stay at the Ritz but decided on the Rennaisance due to its snorkling area.

I'll definately look you up (time permits).

Last edited:
spartan2-3 said:
Tom,

I wish I had known you have this business, I would have definately stayed. WOW, your place looks very relaxing.

We were going to stay at the Ritz but decided on the Rennaisance due to its snorkling area.

I'll definately look you up (time permits).

Well we are hardly "The Ritz Carlton", but we do have a nice property offering nice views and personal service. I hope that you can come by, but you won't see and NSX since I had to sell it to afford to move to paradise.

Please email me with your name and any cell phone number you might have on Maui

Tom Croly
[email protected]
(808( 879-7099

Re: Re: Dreams Come True on Maui

PoohBEAR said:
now we are talking...hey friend, how is you reservation in april? i just turned 31 the other day? how about a senior citizen discount on one of your cottages. I have never been to Maui............ please tell me more :D Can you staff pick us up from the airport or do we just get a cab or rent a car? it is appropriate to rent a car in Maui ...yes?

Maui is an island that definately requires a renting a car to see. There are literally hundreds of beautiful beaches, each offering its own special features. There are wonderful scenic drives all around the island and some very unique places like Haleakala crater at 10,000 feet which is a the crater of a dormant volcano.

We do have our cottage available in April. Give me call and I will take good care of you.

Tom
(808) 879-7099

Re: Re: Re: Dreams Come True on Maui

thanks Tom.....I will call you as soon as I got my flight plan situated. Do you have the weather forecast for April? Trying to decide whether to get a convertible or coupe :D

TCroly said:
Maui is an island that definately requires a renting a car to see. There are literally hundreds of beautiful beaches, each offering its own special features. There are wonderful scenic drives all around the island and some very unique places like Haleakala crater at 10,000 feet which is a the crater of a dormant volcano.

We do have our cottage available in April. Give me call and I will take good care of you.

Tom
(808) 879-7099

I spent a week in Maui for my Honeymoon in June 2001. Weather was beautiful!

If I went again, I would stay on the Big Island, as it is more city-like, and travel to secluded areas as I wished.

JAYS NSX said:

If I went again, I would stay on the Big Island, as it is more city-like, and travel to secluded areas as I wished.

Jay, which island are you referring to? Hawaii or Oahu? Hawaii is the big island but Oahu is where honolulu is (city like).

Howzit, 'da best time to go is ANYTIME.

Oahu has the ProBowl in a few weeks, and OAHU is busy most of the time. Which island to go to depends on what you want to do.

I prefer the Big Island of Hawaii, a variety of climates, elevations, not too crowded, and about 100 miles long. Last time I was there in July, my son saw a red NSX, anyone here? The Big Island doesn't have an Acura dealer in case you're interested, I already checked in case I move there.

George

NowSeeX's said:
Jay, which island are you referring to? Hawaii or Oahu? Hawaii is the big island but Oahu is where honolulu is (city like).

I think that I meant Oahu, as Honolulu is there. Guess I confused the "Big" in my island! :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dreams Come True on Maui

PoohBEAR said:
thanks Tom.....I will call you as soon as I got my flight plan situated. Do you have the weather forecast for April? Trying to decide whether to get a convertible or coupe :D

April is a perfect weather time, Not too hot, little chance of rain, but it is always convertible season in Hawaii!

Tom

Back