Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Dude - don't sell yourself short. Have you seen the d-bags that many hot girls date? I can't tell you how many hotties that I know, financially support their guys while working for waitress wages :frown: Make her an offer and see what happens. You may be pleasantly surprised! I mean, you already own a car that he probably can only dream of :biggrin:

My suggestion is to become her friend. If you don't feel like you're in her league as a boyfriend, you might become the friend she falls in love with once she gets to know you. :smile: It happens.

+ all of us on prime.

worthless.gif

My suggestion is to become her friend. If you don't feel like you're in her league as a boyfriend, you might become the friend she falls in love with once she gets to know you. :smile: It happens.

Yeah but this very rarely happens because right off the bat he is putting her on a pedestal and she will look right past him because of it. If he can be her friend without doing so in any way he might be able to get her attention but that does require some work and some skill.

Patty I think you're great, and I like how you are wanting to give him some useful advice but I am convinced most advice on women from women is not that great, because they almost don't know themselves. How many times can you ask a women "you know that guy is a loser, why do you like him?" and she says "I know he is a loser. I don't know why I like him". She really doesn't know!!

I think what draws a woman to a man and a woman THINKS draws her to a man are often not exactly the same thing.

Now I am not saying you don't know yourself, I am just saying you are giving a partial picture, not the whole thing.

Last edited:
Make her an offer and see what happens

I'll tell you what'll happen is he will create an uncomfortable environment at his work for himself if it doesn't work out. LOL... It's one thing to do that with someone you don't see everyday another to do it with someone you gotta see everyday.

Uh oh, where is this thread headed???:eek:

This is how we carefully and slowly bring back the hottest girl thread. :biggrin:

Kaede can you post a picture for everyone... We are all a bunch of nosey people with enquiring minds that want to know. Haha

Last edited:
Finally got one to add!

Waiting in line at the US / Canadian Boarder, I met a lady in another car who was about 70 years old or so.

She told me how how my car was. I told her that I couldn't believe it. A female finally has said that to me. No girls compliment me on this car.

Her reply:

"That's cuz they are too busy looking at how hot you are."

Made my day. Lol

stay out of the friend zone! hahaha

Yeah but this very rarely happens because right off the bat he is putting her on a pedestal and she will look right past him because of it. If he can be her friend without doing so in any way he might be able to get her attention but that does require some work and some skill.

Patty I think you're great, and I like how you are wanting to give him some useful advice but I am convinced most advice on women from women is not that great, because they almost don't know themselves. How many times can you ask a women "you know that guy is a loser, why do you like him?" and she says "I know he is a loser. I don't know why I like him". She really doesn't know!!

I think what draws a woman to a man and a woman THINKS draws her to a man are often not exactly the same thing.

Now I am not saying you don't know yourself, I am just saying you are giving a partial picture, not the whole thing.

Alright, you're the one I need to PM with! I'm single/divorced and not having any luck meeting men. The advice I gave though, did work for me but I'm probably odd to begin with. :rolleyes: The man I was married to for 23 years won me over by being my friend. Well, that and watching him race his motorcycle up and down the street. The days of innocence.

Sorry for being so off-topic. I should go take my NSX out right now as punishment and see if I can get someone to say something funny about it.

I agree with Clean Green. Get your confidence and ask this girl to hang out. She admidatly loves your car so you're already her type! Put it this way: why the heck wouldnt she want to hang out with you!? and if she declined the offer then its her loss. But you can live knowing you didnt miss an opportunity. ps no such things a leagues bro unles you create them.

Really? You're going to ask me why I park in gear? Nothing better to do tonight? :rolleyes:

It was a legit question, sorry if I irritated.

Last edited:
It was a legit question, sorry if I irritated.

I'm sorry if you meant it to be a ligit question. Sometimes I feel picked on, on Prime, for being female, and may over react when I think that's what's really going on. I hope you aren't going there. To answer your question, Yes, I put my car in 1st gear when it's parked. I've had many dreams of brakes failing and just feel better knowing that if the emergency brake failed, the car would still stay put. Also, I was on a drive once when we all pulled over for a quick stop. One guy's car started rolling and I could just imagine it starting a chain reaction of bumper cars. We were lucky that he was near by and jumped in before it hit the car in front of him. To me, better safe than sorry.

So, I'm guessing that you have a legit reason for asking and are against parking in gear. :confused:

I'm sorry if you meant it to be a ligit question. Sometimes I feel picked on, on Prime, for being female, and may over react when I think that's what's really going on. I hope you aren't going there. To answer your question, Yes, I put my car in 1st gear when it's parked. I've had many dreams of brakes failing and just feel better knowing that if the emergency brake failed, the car would still stay put. Also, I was on a drive once when we all pulled over for a quick stop. One guy's car started rolling and I could just imagine it starting a chain reaction of bumper cars. We were lucky that he was near by and jumped in before it hit the car in front of him. To me, better safe than sorry.

FWIW, my mom taught me to always park in gear. My parents lived many cold places and said that if they used the parking brake, it would freeze stuck and they wouldn't be able to drive the car that day. So they didn't use the parking brake at all, and just parked in gear.

So I leave my NSX in gear now.

I had my old Toyota roll halfway out of a driveway even though I parked in gear AND had the parking brake on... you just never know.

i never park my car in gear, ive always done this but thats just me, lol

whenever i go to get my car worked on they always park it in gear and i always forget and start it in gear and my car jumps, maybe thats why never put it in gear myself in case it jumps and runs into a curb or my garage.

Last edited:
i never park my car in gear, ive always done this but thats just me, lol

whenever i go to get my car worked on they always park it in gear and i always forget and start it in gear and my car jumps, maybe thats why never put it in gear myself in case it jumps and runs into a curb or my garage.

um dont u have to push in the clutch to start the car? You guys are really confusing.. the car wont start w/o the clutch pushed all the way in. Theres a sensor. And the reason for this is bc ur supposed to leave it in gear as Kyras said it might roll down a hill and clobber a pack of puppies & children... better to be safe than sorry! it causes no harm to the trans. :confused::confused:

FWIW, my mom taught me to always park in gear. My parents lived many cold places and said that if they used the parking brake, it would freeze stuck and they wouldn't be able to drive the car that day. So they didn't use the parking brake at all, and just parked in gear.

So I leave my NSX in gear now.

I had my old Toyota roll halfway out of a driveway even though I parked in gear AND had the parking brake on... you just never know.

Plus 1...
When parking with the nose of the car down hill, leave the car in 1st gear, with the rear end pointing down hill, reverse gear. (not to risk the engine rotating backwards. (it wouldn't happen, just anal.)
I only use my hand/emerg. brake when the car is parked and the engine is running.
Yes, in a cold climate the brake will / can freeze. (NSX doesn't see cold weather)
Hand / emerg. brake cables stretch with time as well. It is adjustable, but can be a PITA.

NEVER STORE YOUR CAR WITH THE E-BRAKE ON!
NEVER SET IT AFTER A TRACK SESSION.

I drove a Mazda for 19 years. The hand / emerg. brake only worked for the first four. I never really needed it.

OK, back to the original topic...

Last edited:
um dont u have to push in the clutch to start the car? You guys are really confusing.. the car wont start w/o the clutch pushed all the way in. Theres a sensor. And the reason for this is bc ur supposed to leave it in gear as Kyras said it might roll down a hill and clobber a pack of puppies & children... better to be safe than sorry! it causes no harm to the trans. :confused::confused:

The sensor could be disabled for using a keyless start.

was at a light yesterday to make a left turn. guy in a mustang coming through the intersection going the opposite direction leans out his car yelling what it sounded like, "still slow". ive never understood the whole going out your way to talk shit about something someone else has. but what i do know just like on forums when people are safely behind their keyboards, the same applies for people in their own car people tend to get a little more brave. those same people would never have the balls to say it to your face. it didnt bother me though. i just laughed it off and figured that was probably the highlight of his day to say that to me.

Last edited:
was at a light yesterday to make a left turn. guy in a mustang coming through the intersection going the opposite direction leans out his car yelling what it sounded like, "still slow". ive never understood the whole going out your way to talk shit about something someone else has. but what i do know just like on forums when people are safely behind their keyboards, the same applies for people in their own car people tend to get a little more brave. those same people would never have the balls to say it to your face. it didnt bother me though. i just laughed it off and figured that was probably the highlight of his day to say that to me.

He probably drives a base model V6. My 'slow' car beat SS Camaro's, V8 Mustangs all night at Castrol Raceway... and that was my first time at the track!

I'm sorry if you meant it to be a ligit question. Sometimes I feel picked on, on Prime, for being female, and may over react when I think that's what's really going on. I hope you aren't going there. To answer your question, Yes, I put my car in 1st gear when it's parked.

I'm male, and always park stick-shifts in either 1st gear or reverse. That's the way my father taught me.

At Starbucks and a younger couple(20's) were looking at my car. The girl (asian) runs her finger along the side of my door and says to her BF/husband "oooh its so soft how come your car feels like a hairy guerilla? ". The guy said something I couldn't make it out. Then she says "ooh its one of those Acuras...its japanese yup If this car was a person I would leave you for it". Laughed to my self, but kind of felt bad for her S.O.

At Starbucks and a younger couple(20's) were looking at my car. The girl (asian) runs her finger along the side of my door and says to her BF/husband "oooh its so soft how come your car feels like a hairy guerilla? ". The guy said something I couldn't make it out. Then she says "ooh its one of those Acuras...its japanese yup If this car was a person I would leave you for it". Laughed to my self, but kind of felt bad for her S.O.

:biggrin: Funny. Obviously the guy needs to learn how to detail his car or pay someone else to do it. BTW, I'd have a fit if someone ran their finger down my car. She must have been cute.

I always leave my car in 1st gear when parked, and rarely put the hand brake on. Of course, my geographical area is super flat with no hills - if somewhere on a hill I put it in gear AND use the emergency brake.

Now, back on topic: Was filling up at the gas station, and a newer Porsche pulls in next to me; clearly admiring my car but never uttered a word. Then some person ( a guy, as it apparently too frequently happens.....) driving down the road screams out at the top of his lungs " I love your f___n NSX!!". Kinda embarrasing. Looked at the owner of the Porsche and he just gave me the thumbs up.

Back