• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

What titanium parts do you want made?

Hello there.

My lug nuts are finally about to be released...just waiting on some last minute testing on materials, then I'll be getting them cryo-treated, then they will finally be for sale FINALLY haha. I finally got the burnt matte finish look that I was looking for in this post http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1183917#post1183917, and now I am ready to start another project.

I have great access to building practically any simple dress up or performance parts out of burnt / non burnt titanium for great prices for people. It is b/c of this I figured I would make a post to see if there are any specific parts that you all would like made out of burnt titanium. Realistically.

Intake pipes, covers, tanks, maybe even a burnt titanium version of the NSX key, whatever...just post away, and I'll get started on a few of them. I may not be a part of the NSX community anymore, but I still greatly enjoy the car as well as the people who own them. Plus I love making things. To me it's an art, that I really enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi,

well... due to the huge weight savings....GT-One F1 replica headers and exhausts would be awesome....but what kind of pricing would that be ?!

Titanium is awesome to save weight... but i heard it's fragile to hold direct hits...

Nuno

In short, if the price is competitive to alluminum or steel, titanium everything sounds good to me - you'll end up being quite a competitor!

To be more specific, I second titanium headers and exhaust, that would be very cool - we can say we have a titanium header, just like the McLaren F1 :)

I need one of those triangle coolant tanks... Can't seem to find them anymore.

Make one in titanium and I'll buy it for sure!

(I don't like the round ones... had one... just doesn't fit the engine bay to my liking).

How about a cool shift knob that we haven't seen yet...?

Front angled license plate holder?

What about some unique titanium tips? Dual tips like you see on the Lexus LFA or the Porsche Turbo "oval in oval" tips, I mean something unique. I think a lot of people would like burnt ti tips. Not sure if they can be welded onto SS exhausts.

If you can make titanium tips for my Taitec, I'd be ready with cash in hand!

What about some unique titanium tips? Dual tips like you see on the Lexus LFA or the Porsche Turbo "oval in oval" tips, I mean something unique. I think a lot of people would like burnt ti tips. Not sure if they can be welded onto SS exhausts.

They cannot be welded, what some companies do is produce a 'screw on' titanium tip, with a stainless steel adapter, which is then welded to the muffler piping. The titanium tip attaches to the weld-on adapter, and the tip is held on securely.

This isn't really a specific project, as the tip would be designed for a given pipe diameter, and would be universal.

Machined nsx items would be products such as door handles (interior), interior trim pieces, shift knobs, lug nuts, hood pins?, oil caps, engine manifold covers, coil pack covers, alternator pully covers, etc.

I am not sure a coolant tank would be a good application, as titanium is easy to stain.

I am not sure a coolant tank would be a good application, as titanium is easy to stain.

Well, as long as you keep that coolant on the inside where it belongs. :)

Actually I'd take a stainless one too... I just want a triangle tank. lol

Titanium knobs for the Stereo/AC!

Mine are quite worn.:tongue:

Big fan of the Z06 style tips here. Would like to see those for sure.

Titanium knobs for the Stereo/AC!

Mine are quite worn.:tongue:

+1!!

I was gonna suggest the same, lol. I'm not sure if the knobs are even removeable, but if they are, this is something that would look great!

Actually I would be interested in just ti sleeves that fit over my exisiting tps and secured with hidden screws.

I think if you're looking to leverage economies of scale, making a titanium key would address a large market. I'm +1 for this idea. Even if it doesn't work as a key, I"d hang one off the keychain anyhow!

It would have to work for me 2 buy one!

A lock smith would have trouble cutting this wouldn’t they?

Harder to cut then a standard key?

But the market would be there, not just NSX…. Honda / Acura use the same blank for a ton of cars don’t they.

It would have to work for me 2 buy one!

A lock smith would have trouble cutting this wouldn’t they?

Harder to cut then a standard key?

But the market would be there, not just NSX…. Honda / Acura use the same blank for a ton of cars don’t they.

I'll get started on a burnt titanium NSX key replica.

These are only good for cars that don't have the immobilizer. I don't know what year that is. I hate my plastic cheesy key but need to keep it because of the chip. Is there any way you can make a Titanium fob that all these NSX keys slide INTO? Something cool looking and substantial. You know what I mean? The titan part would have a hole where I can slide the key INTO and close it. Or two titan parts that snap together to cover the key's plastic section. Think of how much you would enlarge your market. This could be a hit if its nice looking. I had even looked at making one from Titanium and glass. Here's an Aston Martin one:

0805_11z+2009_aston_martin_v8_vantage+emotional_control_unit.jpg

Talk to Ryan Blodi (blodi) and see if he can design something cool and you make it out of burnished titanium. You can charge more than you think for such a thing.

Last edited:
Thinking of another product guys...

How about a front and rear strut tower bar out of burnt titanium?

They would be around $300 each.

This is basically what I would make the rear one look like, except in burnt titanium...

NSX-Engine1.JPG

Titanium sample just got back from testing.

Tensile strength of 150,000 psi and a hardness of 700-790 something. I can't remember the exact hardness number as I was told over the phone. I will be getting the certificate of testing in the mail shortly.

Even with these good figures I will still be getting strut bars and lug nuts cryo-treated to make them even better.

Just wanted to give an update.

+1 on the strut bar, +1 on coolant tanks.... May be some pedal sets in titanium

Thinking of another product guys...

How about a front and rear strut tower bar out of burnt titanium?

They would be around $300 each.

This is basically what I would make the rear one look like, except in burnt titanium...

NSX-Engine1.JPG

Can you get exhaust pipe sleeves custom made??

Back