what should i mod before buying a BBSC..

i am going to buy a bbsc kit...can you tell me what should i add on my nsx before i buy a bbsc...

my nsx is pretty stock...only mod on intake and muffler....
do i HAVE TO change the header and injector?

please help me with it..thanks

It is NOT required to change the header when installing the BBSC although will get a little more power from it.
New injectors come with the kit.
Best of luck with it.

As with any FI kit, It has been made painfully aware buy/to some of us to make sure your fuel pump is up to the task.
Some people are upgrading their Fuel systems, and getting standalone management systems.
There are a few threads to read in depth within the FI forums.
I would read through all of them good and bad and see what you would like to have altered within your system.

Also

Budget for modifying the valve cover baffles and catch can install. Not much $, but something you might want to do, and should do if you are going to track the car. Additionally, you will want to consider a fuel pump upgrade if yours is old. Measure the pressure after install to know for sure.

The scary A/F ratio posted on prime a few weeks ago proves my point.

Actually, it proves no point of yours, other than the fuel map needs adjustment, which in and of itself, has nothing to do with the BBSC, per se. Fuel map correctness applies to all FI kits, but you know this already, right?!?! :rolleyes:

Budget for a clutch.....

Only if you are sloppy with your footwork.

I have over 24k miles on my supercharged clutch, an inspection two weeks ago while the transmission was out of the car, showed that it was in perfect condition. That means I will get over 50k on an OEM supercharged clutch.....and I track my car.

Good luck with your BBSC. I am anxious to see how it runs with the lasest SS BOX etc and how the A/F looks.

I guess we will see if it is really a "plug and play" solution after your install. I am hoping it is.

Budget for modifying the valve cover baffles and catch can install.

This mod baffles (no pun intended) me. Why do I get no oil spray, yet rebuilt and non-rebuilt NSX engines need this mod?

Armando, bring it up to our track and let me drive it. :) I'll bet even I can get it to barf. :D Like sjs says, the puke gremlin show its head under sustained lateral G's when driven hard. My first day at the track I was working up courage around the high bank, thus didn't push it too hard. Next day, with more confidence from the previous sessions, I started to push it hard in vtec around the bank. Result: burp.

sjs said:
Have you done any track events, especially at a track with sustained high-G loads such as one end of a baked oval? Those are the conditions where it is most likely to occur.

I have done track events and run the car very hard, never on a track with baked ovals though :) or banked ovals. No tracks that we run have banked turns so I havent experienced the oil problem. So it would hinge on what and where the car would be run , wouldnt it?

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
So it would hinge on what and where the car would be run , wouldnt it?
I can only share my experience, but sustained lateral G's need not be from a banked turn. sjs has written extensively on this topic, and his thoughts are always well thought out. Not that it's the end of the world if it happens to you, but it is damn embarassing, and no fun to clean up.

Last edited:
Back