What do most (ex) NSX owners sell their NSXs to get?

What would you buy after your NSX?

• Ferrari

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • Lambo

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Maserati

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Lotus

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Vette

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Viper

• Aston Martin

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Another NSX

Votes: 71 40.1%
  • Hey, I'm a family guy now -- a van.

• Some BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, or Infiniti to have backseats while filling my need for speed

Votes: 14 7.9%

• Total voters
Good advice. I'll keep an eye out for local NSX meets. I also intend to speak with a few NSX owners this weekend at the SCRT CT Rally to get their perspectives.

Now I just need to part with my 2003 350Z to make room in the garage for the NSX...

I have been thinking about getting an R8 next. If this car drops in price enough it might happen. I have a bad feeling I will go for a 02 to 05 NSX instead. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe something new might come out by that time that will make me fall in love.

I am glad I came across your post. I was considering a Ferrari 360 Spyder also...

I dont know... still very tempting... I may just have to find out for myself.
:)

I got the Ferrari bug this summer too. Looked at a 5 year old F360 with 36,000 miles. It came with the entire maintenance history - Total = $50,000. I just laughed and crossed it off my list. The Lotus is fun, but only on the track and definitely not a DD. Someone please talk me out of getting a Ford GT. Pretty Please!
Happy Motoring!

The NSX for me is the car that I have always desired. Now that I have one don't think I would drive anything else. If the day came I had to part with it, can guarantee I would be back in one soon as I could.

Don't have the means to maintain something like a Ferrari and although there are other cars I could purchase, not willing to dump excessive money into endless maintenance.

NSX is the best option for me and most, which is why I assume they always seem to come back full circle :smile:

My buddies FD with LS1 swap is pretty sick, dont really care for the cars generally build quality but his setup is pretty badass.

I have tried several cars down the bucket list. I would eventually like to try out the gallardo. Had fun with the F cars. I think the only car that would give me as much automotive satisfaction as the NSX, is the GT3RS. Selling my last NSX was the biggest automotive mistake I have made. Knowing that I will be trying the NA2 is somewhat comforting. But it feels like a Christmas that will occur in 1-2 years. GO IN THE GARAGE AND THANK YOUR NSX.

I did the exact same thing, bought a brand new 2002 spa yellow, sold it in 2008
thinking I wouldn't miss it.

Checked out the gtr, ferrari 360, and isf, ended up with the isf. Faster than nsx but
wasn't exotic and just plain boring with the paddle shifters.

Repurchased a 2004 rio yellow from a prime member with 17k miles on it. Two months later saw a very clean 2005 rio yellow with only 4k
miles on it and decided I wanted something with lower miles, so I bought that too.

Kinda crazy I have two rio yellows now. (Could of bought a f430)

Don't sell yours you will end up buy another nsx, and will have to pay more!

I got the Ferrari bug this summer too. Looked at a 5 year old F360 with 36,000 miles. It came with the entire maintenance history - Total = $50,000. I just laughed and crossed it off my list. The Lotus is fun, but only on the track and definitely not a DD. Someone please talk me out of getting a Ford GT. Pretty Please!
Happy Motoring!

Another NSX, then sell that for a lousy Ford.
I don't think that a few of us would try and talk you OUT of a lousy Ford, me I'd tell you keep the Honda AND get the Ford!!!!:wink:

Good Question...
I'n not an (ex) NSX owner.... so far nothing out their in my price range that is any better.

I did see a 2012 SuperBird Challenger at Baxter Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep here... ah, it brought back memories... 6.1 L engine, but a MSR of ~$100,000. I'm sure the torque is incredible... gas mileage sucks.

I tend to keep cars a long time, sometimes longer than wives. The NSX is very special, not just because it is reliable, sexy, affordable, rare, all aluminum, unique, etc. But if you really think about it it just about satifies every need a car enthusiat has at a very high level. It may not be the fastest, but that too can be accommodated if you need.

It really is the dream girl you want without any of the agony you will be subjected to from other higher maintenance models.

I satified my speed need by adding a 996tt as a daily driver and track car instead of adding go fast to the NSX. The NSX is pretty much stock except for an exhaust, which I added for aesthetic reasons only. If I had to part with one I would let the 996tt go and keep the NSX.

Another reason to get the NSX is this very Forum. No other car has this much information in one place with this many fantastic people not only nationally but world wide. Where else can you get this much info this quickly on almost any subject related to this car? It is almost a secret club. We know of several owners who still attend events and gatherings even after selling their cars due to the bonds they created within the club. For one reason or another they don't have an NSX but either will in the future as their life situations change or are currently looking.

Another reason is that there are people garage queening their NSXs so there will always be a supply of great condition examples to choose from.

Good luck in your search, but you have to experience this car and you will see what we are all talking about.

Tytus

Kinda crazy I have two rio yellows now. (Could of bought a f430)

There are a few of us with 2 NSX's on here, nothing wrong with that. :wink:

Im keeping mine, but as far as adding to my collection...I've been in love with a newer GT3. Looks insane! That front bumper is unreal! Maybe I'd play with a 996 Turbo to make it more affordable, and faster too!

Ferrari ownership would be cool too but I feel as the maintaince would get out of hand. Imagine blowing a motor in that thing? I'd be scared to push it, and wouldnt enjoy the driving aspect as much I'd want.

I like the Lotus but it feels like a "toy" or go-cart to me. I've had them as demo's and they just O.K.

I've also had plenty of Viper's too, thats a cool car but I dont think I like it enough to own. I drove a 06 coupe, everyday as my demo for work. I put over 7k miles on it and while it was fun and very fast, just wasnt that special.

1. NSX owners are loyal. ... It looks like if I ever own an NSX, I'll will end up keeping it for a long time.

2. Even for folks that could cough up the money for a Ferrari and Lambo (cough, cough, Sam), there's still something that brings them back to the NSX - that says a LOT.
That's what most owners do. It's not that I can't afford another car but I simply hate being ripped off - someone mentioned Ferrari money pit :) - and of course I hate unreliability esp. broken cars. I don't like to be the dumb guy in the banana-cycle of an F-car. :tongue:
There's no real alternative than tuning the NSX to todays standard.
NSX owners are basically very, very spoiled by the reliability of it. Transferring this to any other car is the first major fault they do. :) It's not that NSX's are cheap to maintain but unexpected failures are very, very rare if you inform yourself in this board.

Probably if I have few million's of $ will buy new F458.It's because F1 shift,accelerations,traction,technology... but would not sell my nsx.It is a car whit spirit, still modern,reliable and important to my the part of Ayrton Senna's experience and drive stile in.

I ended up going 997 Turbo Cab... having owned two NSX's, a '91 and an '03 I just felt I needed something that fit my current lifestyle better. I wanted a convertible for sure, which is why I originally went with the '03 after the '91 in the first place.

Then I wanted something a little more comfortable, a little more high tech and of course fast. Both my NSX's were Comptech Sc'd, so I felt the need for speed.

I could have had a number of cars, but the 997 cab just checked all the boxes. The small back seats are perfect for my 2 daughters that are currently 1 and 3... soon they'll be able to join me on car events, etc and that was important as well.

I think someday I could venture back to the NSX, but it would be in addition to my "collection" of which I don't have right now...so can't see it really happening. Maybe when the kids are all grown up, etc... but then at that point I'd probably be looking at a McClaren or something unless Honda wakes up and makes a new mid engine NSX in the future.

With an exhaust and flash on the 997, you're looking at some serious HP gains. I'm about to purchase a Tubi or Miltek... looking forward to it.

Oh, I almost forgot, I always wanted an Imola NSX... so when this car came along, I knew it was time.

P9280001.jpg

I'm always surprised that whenever these "vs" posts are created no one ever mentions an Audi R8...

I'm also equally surprised that some of the older guys on here know what an FD is. lol

No r8 cause sfdreamer butchered it lol. I think is a cool car. The fd is also great, thought not on the same level as a nsx.

Acquiring my longtime dream cars (the nsx and my rare 1994 limited edition 500E Mercedes) I feel content so for now Im thankfully not desiring anything else but I think I might jump into a 4 door classy luxury car as an addition to the collection if anything. Lexus LS460 or BMW 750

I am in the lucky position of not having to answer the question exactly as I will , God willing, ALWAYS have my NSX.
I may add a newer Porshe 996 GT2 at some point to my small collection but the only new car that has any real appeal to me is the Mclaren MP4-12C and it will be awhile before that ever happens. Rats.

Back