What did you own or consider buying before the NSX?

I'd like to know what other cars you considered buying before the NSX, as well as what you used to own before the NSX and why you went with it.

I was looking at a C5 Corvette Z06 but decided that the NSX was a better car for the money. I have always wanted a NSX since they were first introduced. I didn't have a sports car prior to buying mine. It was a mid life crisis thing I guess.:biggrin:

I had a 350Z and wanted something more unique. I was actually looking at Supra's and 300ZX TT's and came across the NSX by accident. Did my research, found a fantastic one owner '91 and the rest has been glorious. :)

I had a 2002 Corvette (with a bunch of go fast stuff added)...some of the others I was courting before buying the NSX included.....2005-6 Porsche 911 (C4S included), new Lotus Elise/Exige, and a couple sedans as well, M3 and RS4....I ended up (obviously) with a '03 NSX and have been very satisfied with it thus far. I have added a few goodies to sort of "personalize" it, and I love this car!

Before the NSX I had a 944T with many engine mods......was fast and great at the track but broke down a lot........

When I was looking around for something new I considered the WRX STI, ZO6, Supra and a 993.

Never considered any other cars, but next time will be R8. However, I still will keep this one. I was in love with the car when it was introduced. Had driven 280ZX in the past.

Last edited:
Had a 2000 C5 Convertible, before that a BMW328 convertible, before I bought the NSX I tested a Maserati Spider, a C4S Convertible and leased the NSX for 3 years, extended the lease, still couldn't part with it and bought the car off lease. I like the R8, a 360 or 430 Spider (but not the entry, nor maintenance expenses), would like to say I'll keep the NSX and grow the fleet from there, only time will tell!
The NSX I've now had for 6 years, the longest that I've ever owned a car, and still loving it!

My previous cars have been; Corvette, TT Supra, TT 300zx, and an Acura Legend. I had to trade in the Z for the Legend when my wife became pregnant. I always knew i would buy another sports car when the time was right so when i finally got enough disposable income i went on a hunt for an early model NSX. I had test drove one the same day that i bought my Supra and while it simply wasn't as fast as the Supra i bought then it did leave an impression and now i finally have one.

The next sports car i will probably buy will be a GT-R or some other 2+2 because i find myself only being able to drive the NSX when i am by myself and it would be nice to have a vehicle that could fit both my wife and daughter at the same time.

i have a 91 300zx twin turbo, i took it apart in 2004 and am still slowly and lazily putting it back together with bigger turbos etc.

i got so tired of not having a sports car over the years and getting older (im 32) i couldnt wait any longer, so i bought a 92 nsx with 142,000 miles. i bought it as a daily driver till the Z gets done. i picked the nsx because its known for reliability and its one of the best looking sports cars ever made. i was told they're not known for power but since it was going to be a daily driver that didn't bother me. the Z will be for speed and the nsx for showing off.

I had an s2k before so it seemed like the nsx was obviously the next step. also looked at a 911 at the time but opted to get the nsx because you werent going to constantly see yourself everywhere you go like you would with a porsche

Owned an old Camaro and a 280ZX. Had an Isuzu Impulse (i.e., the little ripper with the 8000rpm redline and a Lotus tuned suspension). Have wanted an NSX since 1990, but only got around to pulling the trigger in 2006. Before buying I seriously considered a used Lotus Esprit, or a new Exige, then I went whole hog to find my dream NSX. Next aquisition will be an Exige S 240, a 2-seater Evora, or the Esprit replacement in 2012.

I was looking at TT supras, RX7, 350Z, and mustangs. I went with the NSX since they were more unique. I figured if I was to keep only one car in a garage, I wanted it to be something special. Ironically, I am still looking at the 350Z and S2000, but they are not a huge priority as the NSX continues to be pretty fun.

I had an Audi tt with many mods, but wanted something with better performance that I could still customize. I was considering the C6, Lotus Exige, audi s4, and BMW M3. I did not consider the NSX since it looks a bit dated.
While I was looking I happened to be in Vegas when a silver NSX drove down the strip that was one of the hottest cars I had ever seen! This immediately got me into considering the NSX since that was the first one I had ever seen that was modded. I then found Prime wich shoed me the whole world of all that is NSX.
I still wanted a Lotus bad so I went to a nearby city to test drive one. While in the city I stopped to drive a 91 NSX. The NSX was the greatest feeling I have ever gotten being in a car. It blew away the Z06, Lotus, BMW, and Audi with its overall build, performance, and connectivity to the driving experience. After that test drive there has never been any other car for me. LOL - my Audi TT felt like driving a SUV after driving the NSX.

My last car was an old BMW 318. If I hadn't bought an NSX, it probably would have been a late 90's M3. My selection criteria were in order: manual transmission, good handling, and light weight.

I think the M3 comes up short in the last two.

Nick

R33 GT-R or FD3S RX-7

I actually debated between replacing my daily (01 325i Touring) with a new one, or my 'weekend' car (88 M6) with another used one.

DD choices:
MINI Cooper S Works Clubman
E90 M3 sedan
E90 335d

Weekender choices:
E36 318ti with M3 motor
E36 M Coupe
NSX

I bought my 91 back in 2004. Also considered an Evo, Sti, G-35 Coupe, and RX-7 FD. I made the right choice.

I had a 95 accord V6 a/t... been messing with the car for years and really can't part with it. Had $10k in my savings...

1. a race car (Honda civic)
2. a go kart with a truck or trailer
3. turning the accord to a race car
4. S2000 or nsx.

just so happen coming across a magazine (either road and track or car and driver) for the buyer's guide. Came to nsxprime...

start downloading some nice nsx pictures... happened to see one at local exotic used car lot, drove it. First time experience the mid engine layout with the nice Vtec behind the ears... Then the rest is history.

however after owning the nsx for 5 yrs, the first 4 choices came in mind from time to time... But i still will say that my nsx won't move out of my garage no matter what.

I'd like to know what other cars you considered buying before the NSX, as well as what you used to own before the NSX and why you went with it.

My first new car out of college was a 1987 Honda CRX Si. From there I upgraded to the NSX. I've never wanted anything else.

I had a 1990 Porsche 928 GT 5 speed. I regret selling it everyday, even though the NSX is faster and outhandles the 928. There was just something about that car that was sexy.

almost bought a '68 912, and then a '92 911 [964].
Would love to own all three when I someday have enough parking.

Ex cars were a '72 super beetle and a '87 Celica GT

Back