What did you own or consider buying before the NSX?

I had a 2000 Civic Si. It was a lot of fun, but NO TQ at all.

I did not consider a single other car before buying the NSX. It was the only car I wanted.

Considered:

-ZR-1: early 90s.
-FD RX-7: yellow R1
-e36 M3
-MKIV Supra

Finalized it to:

- ZR-1
- NSX

Chose the NSX. :)

I've had quite a few cars over the years but none of them were really in the same category as the NSX. I've wanted the NSX since h.s. and when the opportunity came up to buy it, I had just bought a 08 997 GT3.

GT3 is a phenominal car but I really wanted this NSX as I may not have another opportunity to buy one for a while so sold the GT3 for the NSX, no regrets as I've been happily modding ever since. :)

rk

i have a 91 300zx twin turbo, i took it apart in 2004 and am still slowly and lazily putting it back together with bigger turbos etc.

i got so tired of not having a sports car over the years and getting older (im 32) i couldnt wait any longer, so i bought a 92 nsx with 142,000 miles. i bought it as a daily driver till the Z gets done. i picked the nsx because its known for reliability and its one of the best looking sports cars ever made. i was told they're not known for power but since it was going to be a daily driver that didn't bother me. the Z will be for speed and the nsx for showing off.

Doppleganger, I have an NSX but my 90ZX-TT is my daily driver.

I traded my defender 90 for my NSX. Pretty similar performance. :tongue:

Aren't those Defenders worth a pretty penny?

My brother goes on and on about those cars. He even sent me a link to serialnsxer's nsx-r build. Turns out Anil is on one of those forums that he's on and has a tricked out one.

The convoy took a direct hit when I purchased my NSX. I was driving a two seater 300Z convertible and was on the market for a car that would carry my wife and two young daughters (toddlers at the time), be a daily driver (including throughout the winter months), be able to go on weekend trips with, and also take for spirited rides around our local race track. This all in mind I started out looking at S4's and M3's. S4 was too tight for a family of 4 and the M3's were all two doors (although I know you can get the M in a 4 door). I then upped the looking to the M5 and would have loved to get an RS6, but they were simply TOO expensive at almost 130K CDN. I was finalizing a deal on an M5 after inspections were completed and everything and then for some strange reason blew off closing the deal and walked away.

The next thing I knew I was test driving an NSX (a must have car since just after high school), and voila in less than two months had one in hand. Just what I needed. Another two seater car that I couldn't drive in the winter, couldn't put the family in, and couldn't go on long road trips with everyone. I could however take it on the track so all was not a loss. :) Everything worked out in the end as I ended up purchasing yet another car for the family fleet with the Volvo S60R which I recently sold and moved into the RS6 which is where everything sort of started 4 years ago.

Tim

I had a 1990 Porsche 928 GT 5 speed. I regret selling it everyday, even though the NSX is faster and outhandles the 928. There was just something about that car that was sexy.
Back in its days, the 928 was simply the king of the road. In 1981, the European 928s had 310 hps. I had then a Jaguar XJS and BMW 633 csi. I took a test drive of a 1981 Euros 928s and my eyes almost popped out with its supreme handling and speed. I have never owned one but they are just so gorgeous and I will stop and stare at it when one goes by.
Steve

Last edited:
Back