What did you do to your car today?

Another forum that I'm on has a thread like this and is pretty cool to see daily updates of what projects people are doing with their cars that dont require a whole new thread for. Figured Id give it a try here.

I clay bar and waxed my car today :biggrin:
DSCN1027.jpg

Sorry my camera doesnt do it justice :frown:

Updated pics from the drive:
37261_1290935005043_1580280075_30614599_4315292_n.jpg

36725_1290935565057_1580280075_30614603_298394_n.jpg

Last edited:
^^
NICE! reminds me mine when I used to rock GM wheels, red + dark wheels looks BAD ASS ... better pics or ban!

*didn't do anything on mine, just drove like 12 miles total !

Recharge the battery by driving it to work.

Killed some bugs with it at a 100mph+:biggrin:

after having taken part a gathering of car (meeting) Honda Saturday, I've cleaned and waxed the body during the day, now, it remains in the garage, it rests!:cool:

Last edited:
I just drove around with the top off cause it was a perfect 72 degree day to do it

Washed with dawn on Wednesday and clay barred. Washed again and started working on paint last night...raining here all weekend which kind of sucks. So will have to just sit in garage for a bit until I can appreciate my hard work and take her out in the sun. :frown:

Tried out my nifty new Dali Racing Koni shock adjuster
Put 3mm spacers on the front
Put on proper lug nuts
Changed the check valve on the brake booster
Changed the brake master cylinder
Flushed the brake system with ATE Typ200
Lubed the antenna
Removed the metal pedal covers and put the stock rubber ones back on.

Oh yeah, and I drove it too :D

Got a meet tomorrow and doing a cruise up the local mountain so will hopefully get some pro pictures once we get to the top. Thus why the wax action was needed :wink:

I just drove around with the top off cause it was a perfect 72 degree day to do it

Wow that year went fast,but probably not fast enough:cool:

I'm pretty much settle with the mods on her, just enjoy driving her this very short Summer:biggrin:

Installed a dual laminova fuel and transmission oil cooler, relocated my 35 gpm Meziere IC water pump to the trunk and shoe-horned in a 2.5 gallon dry sump oil tank in the engine bay. Plan to relocate my 2500 hp fuel pump tomorrow. Seriously. Oh, cut the back of my hand and had to put two stitches in by myself. Awesome DAYYYYYYY!

(Now hiding under a band-aid:wink:)

Last edited:
Flushed and bled my clutch system w/ Valvoline Synthetic Dot 3/4. Laid down under the car to figure out where the leak is coming from if I just fixed the leak spool valve

It has gotten to the point where all sorts of stuff is either leaking or getting worn out. Its no longer fun.....or that fun anymore. However, these last 5 years has kicked butt

Last edited:
Took my wife out for a nice drive, this is her third time being in it out of the eight years of ownership. Wow was she hot, I think I am in love all over again.

Smoothed out all the reglassing I had to do to get the fender / door gap correct. Put the front bumper back blocked the gap on each side between the fender and bumper.

washed it,put some qd on and dried it,then took the top off and drove it out in the country on some twisty roads.sometimes i spend so much time taking care of it i forget to enjoy it,so today i reminded myself of that.

Took my wife out for a nice drive, this is her third time being in it out of the eight years of ownership. Wow was she hot, I think I am in love all over again.

three times in eight years? Hell my GF wants to drive my car all the time, in fact I think she has driven it more than me in the past year!!!:tongue:

Took the wife up to Baker yesterday, finally got to push the car thru some hair pins and even with bald RT615's was right on the ass of the LS1 swapped RX7 in front of me :biggrin:

did the ABS flush again. Twice a year to keep the ABS pump from cyling every time I drive it. I have one troubled soleniod in the ABS system.
I can get it done in 30 min. But it may be time for a new ABS unit.

Removed broken driver's side door handle assembly and installed used one (thanks Oyagi). Now I can get out of the car from the inside! My first DIY repair.:cool:

three times in eight years? Hell my GF wants to drive my car all the time, in fact I think she has driven it more than me in the past year!!!:tongue:

She actually does not like being in it, as it draws too much attention, its too low, its too fast, and with the top off; she claims its too cold! However, yesterday was perfect; just like how they do it in the movies.

Back