What did you do to your car today?

Leather treatment (acutally yesterday). 19 years old, 90k miles and still looks very, very good. No visible wear at all.

Installed my new 97 spec front lip today, wifey has the camera though. Dropped the front just a bit more and cleaned up the front bumper nicely.

DSCN1044.jpg

DSCN1046.jpg

Dont mind the license plate zip ties, thats a 1k license plate. 5 no license plate tickets at 216$ a pop its going no where!

Last edited:
Was waiting for someone to post that haha. Its on my list thats for sure! Luckily it was the previous owner that bad all those tickets, unfortunately the car is local so the same cops eye ball me even though Im the new owner.

Was waiting for someone to post that haha. Its on my list thats for sure! Luckily it was the previous owner that bad all those tickets, unfortunately the car is local so the same cops eye ball me even though Im the new owner.

I've heard the cops on the west side are super anal about missing front plates.
So far no trouble here east of the Cascades, but I know I'm playing with fire. Just can't stand the look of a front plate. Wish me luck! :-)

Just wanted to make sure you knew it was out there, not sure what you have the zipties attached to, but would hate to see them fret while driving and damage your paint and body.

Thankfully I live in FL where it's not a requirement:smile:

I have lost count how many petitions there has been trying to get the front plate requirement removed. Other states are surviving without it yet not only is it required here but they enforce it heavily.

I got my first one with my wifes S40, others I see just in the dash but according to state law must be "affixed" to the front end. Dont think the dash qualifies :rolleyes:

The zip ties arent helping the paint no, but some previous body work to the front bumper is starting to show from the previous owner getting bumped into. Once I save up some cash a bit of paint work is in order, side skirts, 02+ rear valence, front bumper corrected, and a garnish touched up is about as far as Ill go.

Last Monday I was at the track together with another 15 Million Euros of exotic sportscars driving cancer patients around during the yearly Maarten Memorial money raising event.

Tomorrow, together with Rsevo6, I am going to meet a car journalist of a new Dutch car magazine doing an article on the NSX.

So, today, I lowered the front of my car 0.5", put in the Uni air filter, filled up the car and cleaned it so it will look GOOD tomorrow :smile:

Swapped out the OEM exhaust on my '02 with a new Tubi. The car now makes proper sounds. :wink:

Actually it was yesterday, Saturday August 7, 2010 and the previous two days (Thurs. & Fri).

Thursday and Friday I spend detailing and polishing my NSX by hand. I need to purchase one of those Porter-Cable Orbitors.

Yesterday I entered my first car show. Auto Expo 2010 here locally. I won the 1980-1995 stock classification.

A 1962 Corvette that had been restored with a 2002 LS6 Corvette engine what would be the best of show.

The other top categories were Best GM, Best Ford and Best Mopar. That leaves us with imports out of the running.

100_2106.jpg
[/IMG]

And thanks to BATMANs for pointing me to Zaino Z2 Pro and Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal. My car had an incredible shine.

- Rod

Ordered the last "PURE RED" set of floor mats in the country from Tim:

_DSC0339.jpg

_DSC0368.jpg

_DSC0408.jpg

_DSC0418.jpg

Visually looks so much better IMHO, gives a less cheap interior effect ...

Oscar

Dam! I didnt even know those red floor mats existed. They are hot. I need a pair. Somebody please sell me a set!

Yeah, SOS and hondafloormats also advertise them, I am just not sure if they buy also from the source, like Tim does, on the other side, Tim's fee has no shipping charges for NSX owners :) ... that is just 2 good to pass.

I was a bit afraid they were going to look cheesy, but to my surprise, they look incredible good, now I feel like "proud" on my interior .. a simple matt can make it look more "exotic" lol

Spent all weekend detailing her with Meguiar's #9 Polish, Blackfire paint sealant & Auto Glym HD wax for the "fire and ice" look. Topped it off by using the PC 7424 and a glass polishing kit from Classic Auto Care to remove a couple of nasty little imperfections in the windshield. Looks better than ever.

I'd have pics but I'm exhausted.:wink:

Last edited:
Oscar, your car is beautiful, and the mats set it off nicely!

Yeah, SOS and hondafloormats also advertise them, I am just not sure if they buy also from the source, like Tim does, on the other side, Tim's fee has no shipping charges for NSX owners :) ... that is just 2 good to pass.

I was a bit afraid they were going to look cheesy, but to my surprise, they look incredible good, now I feel like "proud" on my interior .. a simple matt can make it look more "exotic" lol

Woah, who is this Tim fellow and can he get me a new glovebox door?!?!? :eek:

Some may want to see a video :biggrin:

Hrmm, I'll see what I can come up with.

Last edited:
let's see..went out for a drive today..last night installed wing west front lip..last sunday installed DF 02+ style rear valence, paint to match... X looks 10x better now..need a drop though and a good wash and wax.

Like I always do everyday, drive the car daily about 40km both ways from home to work.

Plugged in to the battery tender and covered. Busy work week coming up, so I won't be driving her for at least a week.

Oscar,

Your mats look great. As well as your car. You have it shined up extremely nice too.

- Rod

Back