Well for all you not happy with the NSX's styling

Pretty much what I expected. Concept show cars always tend to have some radical styling that smooths out as reality kicks in and the car is developed for the real world. I've never been worried about the crazy parts of the car, because I'm sure they'll be fixed in the final version. Compare the concepts of most cars to those on the road. The concepts always have some weird rims, weird exhaust tips, unusable steering wheels...

Unofficial spy shot of the reworked car....

photo13.jpg

You can still see some of the same lines in the front bumper area.

I welcome the news. Get rid of the stupid grille and the back bumper. I like when they stated " to beat GT R Nissan".

I don't think their performance goal is to beat the GT-R. Rather, I think its to showcase new technologies that will differentiate the car and provide a unique, sporty driving experience while maintaining new levels of efficiency.

I don't think their performance goal is to beat the GT-R. Rather, I think its to showcase new technologies that will differentiate the car and provide a unique, sporty driving experience while maintaining new levels of efficiency.

Actually beating the GTR is something we're constantly hearing. There was already a leak where Nissan engineers where interested that Honda engineers say they already know the new NSX would beat the GTR lap time. It's all just talk until we see a real car with a real engine caught testing on the Ring.

Actually beating the GTR is something we're constantly hearing. There was already a leak where Nissan engineers where interested that Honda engineers say they already know the new NSX would beat the GTR lap time. It's all just talk until we see a real car with a real engine caught testing on the Ring.

Wait. I thought the ring was bankrupt and about to be sold off.:confused:

- - - Updated - - -

You like the HSC? No? How about an ASCC? No? No to the clown shoe? Ok, how about this one with SH-AWD? No? …

Actually I liked both:-)

Just let me know when, and I'll call time of death for the new NSX. Didn't a similar scenario happen with the HSC?

Wait. I thought the ring was bankrupt and about to be sold off.:confused:

- - - Updated - - -

You like the HSC? No? How about an ASCC? No? No to the clown shoe? Ok, how about this one with SH-AWD? No? …

The ring is not going anywhere - this from Rent4Ring:

The Nurburgring Nordschleife – alive and kicking!

There has been a lot of media coverage about what is going on at the Nurburging lately. Especially some of the internationally published articles, blogs and other online news sources recently have stated that the Nordschleife is probably about to close in the near future. While we understand the concerns regarding certain aspects of the current situation, we find it very important to let you know this: YES, the Nurburgring is here to stay and will NOT be closing anytime soon. Rest assured that you can plan your visit for 2011 and rely on the Ring and us waiting for you to have a great time on and around the track! We appreciate the fact that legions of Nordschleife enthusiasts around the globe care about the future of the undoubted crown jewel of racetracks that our world has to offer. We are looking forward to a spectacular and successful season!

Don't scare us like that - damn! I was about to lose it - the "ring" are you kidding - it is a shrine to the world of racing - if the world let that happen - well I feel sorry for it - but it's not and that's that!

Now back to the new NSX - which I would for one like to see somebody testing the damn thing on the track somewhere! Geez these Acura/Honda people can infuriate!

It's interesting it seems today in particular over at jalopnik the new NSX is getting tons of hate. With the reveal of all these Hybrid supercars and the NSX also being a hybrid you would think people would kind of warm up/accept to the NSX "hybrid" decision. Instead since nobody has seen a mule, people are assuming this concept is vaporware and hating on Honda for it.

It IS vaporware. Acura can show as many concepts as it likes, but until they show an actual near-production model, it doesn't exist.

All those who had to wait until the first gen NSX was more than 5 years old before they could afford to get one used should bow out of the threads in this section now.:biggrin:
They don't care about what you think. You're not the target market.

Last edited:
All those who had to wait until the first gen NSX was more than 5 years old before they could afford to get one used should bow out of the threads in this section now.:biggrin:
They don't care about what you think. You're not the target market.

Gotta say Paul is right on with this one! They are trying to impress the world; that world that can afford the 918 Porsche - not turkeys like me - that's for damn sure BUT, that doesn't mean we don't have opinions about a car we all love. I do not think that any of us are "hating" on this new NSX - we are so eager with anticipation that we are in a frenzy to see more progress! It is a painfully slow process - you gotta admit that Paul...

This worries me.... "less racy more elegant??" Come on

"Less racy more elegant" is Honda-speak for - "I've got a fever, and only more beak can cure it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Better yet...

2007-tokyo-auto-salon-wtf-edition-20070125053111888.jpg

Yeah I noticed that in the latest trailer too. Ah well, Acura.

I'm just hoping it shows up! They, Honda, are keeping us all in mighty deep suspension. Anybody seen any testing of the new NSX? What is going on? I mean when they, Porsche, gave the word that the 918 was a go - it wasn't anytime before you started seeing working models- and prototypes being tested - in other words - progress....so what's up Honda. I mean how do you produce a car in 2014 and not have a working model on the test track somewhere - right? So anyone else here just a little bit suspicous of all this "drama" about the car they aren't even testing?

Gosh, I feel like "V6 engine... errrr... high performance V6 engine" and "helped by three electric motors" suggests the conventional engine will be pretty limp. Language like this is what we call "managing expectations."

WTF was that youtube video about??? "It's got a cool wrap around bumper." Well shiver me timbers, I gotta have one of those! And it now has three electric motors. This car is going to be an abortion gone very, very, wrong.

Back