Well for all you not happy with the NSX's styling

Scrap it, start fresh. Make a Franken car taken from drawings of people from Prime. lol

This worries me.... "less racy more elegant??" Come on. If it was anyone else I would be less worried than knowing the Honda design department is at work again.

Last edited:
I welcome the minor redesigns since the car is still so far from production.

Im going to assume its akin to the mid generation refreshes to bumpers, grills and tweaks for almost all cars.

Dammit... They mentioned keeping the headlights relatively the same looking. They should scrap the front end and redevelop the HSC with tweaks into a real deal NSX for the future. =P Well at least it improved over time so hopefully the next iteration will be better and they will take steps to sculpt it out more like a 458 instead of the bulbous R8 shell shape.

Yeah scrap the stupid looking rectangular exhaust tips. Give me the traditional big azz quad round exhaust tips, preferably 4 or 5 in.

I like the goal "the goal was to create a car that will beat the Nissan GT-R's lap time around the Nurburgring." If Honda, and they usually do, accomplishes their goal, I will be happy in 15 years when I can afford one :wink:

I like the goal "the goal was to create a car that will beat the Nissan GT-R's lap time around the Nurburgring." If Honda, and they usually do, accomplishes their goal, I will be happy in 15 years when I can afford one :wink:

Mixed messages from Honda

My only changes would be:

1) make the front end thinner (shorter in height), which would need the front tire diameter shrinking about an inch or so
2) extend/exaggerate the rear to accommodate trunk space and balance the back end out visually to retain that long dragon tail look of the original

These two things would no doubt liken it to the first gen even closer.

This worries me.... "less racy more elegant??" Come on. If it was anyone else I would be less worried than knowing the Honda design department is at work again.

Really the fact that they spent all the time finally getting a design out that was getting great acclaim from automotive press , show it in commercials , get people putting down deposits then take the time to show it with an interior , say you only make a couple hundred a year and yeah it's gonna be expensive only to pull back and say "Hey we're gonna redo it".

Did I mention they think the RLX is an elegant design:biggrin:

Biggest change needed? Scrap the wheels. Hire someone else to design them for you if needed, but those wheels suck.

Biggest change needed? Scrap the wheels. Hire someone else to design them for you if needed, but those wheels suck.

Hire someone from Prime to design the car. I've seen much better efforts from our members than anything the pro's have come up with.

LOL... Yeah... Exactly why I get worried.

Kinda thinking the pooch will be screwed lol

Seriously though the ASCC went on to look a lot better although still shunned by most as it hit production form so still hope. Please just dont try and give it familial resemblence to RLX. Nice but BORING in person.

Good designs have only worked historically if:
- a handful of people or less are in charge/can make significant changes. The best super machines, be it cars or motorcycles, usually have one person responsible for >50% of all design elements [based on anecdotal evidence and watching every episode of megafactories on national geographic :smile:].
- once it is decided, you have to stick with it and NOT water it down based on the conservative input of every board member. What tends to occur is it looks like one person was in charge of designing the front bumper, another the mirrors, another the tail lights, another the roof, and finally a big group of people make anything that sticks out bland = styling disaster with no overriding character. Even the new vette was developed primarily by one individual.

Good designs have only worked historically if:
- a handful of people or less are in charge/can make significant changes. The best super machines, be it cars or motorcycles, usually have one person responsible for >50% of all design elements [based on anecdotal evidence and watching every episode of megafactories on national geographic :smile:].
- once it is decided, you have to stick with it and NOT water it down based on the conservative input of every board member. What tends to occur is it looks like one person was in charge of designing the front bumper, another the mirrors, another the tail lights, another the roof, and finally a big group of people make anything that sticks out bland = styling disaster with no overriding character. Even the new vette was developed primarily by one individual.

Totally agree. Just read this thread... Everyone now wants some different part redesigned.

What happened to the F1 driver giving input? Imagine if he takes the prototype for a spin and then gets out and says "can you get rid of the motors?".... LOL

I like the way it looks except maybe a few tweaks to the rear. They better not screw it up again.

Back