Wanting an NSX since i was 14 years old, the dream has come finally come true

Hi all, 1st time NSX owner and I couldn't be happier. 1992 red, with 36k miles. The car is 100% stock and has been meticulously maintained by previous owner. I could use some advice on the following:

1. What are the 1st things I should have looked at for possible replacement? Timing belt, fluids, things like that. What's the immediate concern?
2. Second order of business. Wheels need to be changed. I really like the Prodrive GC-07J but have no idea where to get them.
3. Thinking of uprgrading the exhaust. Goal would be to make the car perform and sound better, but I don't want the car to sound obnoxious. Is there a Borla exhaust that people like?

Happy to be a part of this community! Cheers!

angelo

Congratulations and welcome to our family. Your love with the car will continue to grow everyday. If you have any questions or need help NY is a pretty good location especially with having Larry B. PM me if you need anything I'm from NYC as well. Now go drive it like you stole it!

3. Thinking of uprgrading the exhaust.
Congrats on achieving your goal!

I have a Taitec GT lightweight exhaust on my car and it has a great tone without being over bearing (I don't want to drive my neighbors crazy). I can avoid a drone by keeping the RPMs at the right spot and the car cruises quietly through the neighborhood. When you hit the gas though, the tone ramps up and has a real nice sound.

Welcome to the community... As for gc07j... I just missed mugenna1 who was selling nsx spec gc07j... They will probably never come around again as it was probably the only set imported in those specs. Gc07c on the other hand... There are probably a couple sets still around... Might have to think of back up wheels... It took me a year to find my set and I am still waiting for them from Japan...

Congrats. And welcome. I would contact Larry B for the tb service. I'm having my nsx done over the winter. Just waiting to finalize a time when he is free.
Enjoy the car, like Charles has mentioned to me. You learn something new everytime you drive it.

Took me ten years to get mine once I decided I was going to have one one day.

Congrats and good luck

Back