Wake up socal

uuuummm, I am not Mexiricer....that's Robert.

I'm sorry, Adrian. I thought I had the name wrong. Adrian (you) are junior40er. And MexiRicer is Robert. I'm lousy with names. Hopefully, I learn from my mistake. That usually works. Or I could write it on the chalk board 10 times. :wink:

I started an ElliptiGO Group on Facebook about 18 months ago, because there is no ElliptiGO Forum. It has worked out well, with owners all over the world joining the closed group. We now have 259 members. I prefer a Forum, where you can have different threads but Facebook works when there isn't one.

Last edited:
How is it possible that you guys have the best weather in the country but don't have regular meets? I wish I was in Socal, my nsx is in hibernation until the spring/summer :(

Last time I cked, there were at least 40 NSX in SD, a city of ~3 million people. However, when we do regular meets, over the years, we are lucky if we get 8-10 cars to show up. There are just many things to do and many options to choose when the weather is that good. I was planning to visit the infamous Irvine C&C for the 1st time today as they often have the coolest cars(ie, BAC Mono from Shinoo) but the surf was up and the sun was out. I have no choice but stay in SD.:frown:

Can't say the same for the rest of the country.

How is it possible that you guys have the best weather in the country but don't have regular meets? I wish I was in Socal, my nsx is in hibernation until the spring/summer :(

We do have regular meets and drives. We have a monthly meet on the first Thursday of the month at South Coast Acura in Orange County. Another one in San Gabriel Valley on the third Thursday of the month. Then we have drives every month except maybe December and January pending weather. What has happened is all the other random meets have slowed way down, that's what this thread is mostly about.

- - - Updated - - -

What is this FB you speak of?

Not sure if you're asking what is FB or what FB group we're talking about. But here's the answer to both. FB=Facebook and there's a SoCal NSX Facebook group.

Last edited:
We do have regular meets and drives. We have a monthly meet on the first Thursday of the month at South Coast Acura in Orange County. Another one in San Gabriel Valley on the third Thursday of the month. Then we have drives every month except maybe December and January pending weather. What has happened is all the other random meets have slowed way down, that's what this thread is mostly about.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you're asking what is FB or what FB group we're talking about. But here's the answer to both. FB=Facebook and there's a SoCal NSX Facebook group.

We have prime why do you Facebook? I guess I will never understand why people are on Facebook.

02-01-2012, 08:29 #11
Les, I think he was being facetious since I found ^this post on the Facebook thread back when Adrian posted it.

Here are a few photos from August 25, 2013 when we drove our NSXs to Mount Baldy, rode the chairlift, and had breakfast at the top. That was one of my favorite meets, Les.

^Les (LMR) and Irene.

That's what I first thought with this being my post " not sure if you're serious" before changing it to what is there now. Wasn't sure how to respond to his post.

And yes the Mt Baldy drive/meet was great and WILL be a yearly event.

That's what I first thought with this being my post " not sure if you're serious" before changing it to what is there now. Wasn't sure how to respond to his post.

And yes the Mt Baldy drive/meet was great and WILL be a yearly event.

I had an explanation for him too, but then searched for the Facebook thread and found his input. He gets it.

I'd love to get together moer than I do, but with a 2 year old time is short, and several hours for a drive almost impossible.
One thing the Ausin group did was start out with breakfast before the drive, and those of us who couldn't make the drive were welcome to meet for breakfast. Because the geographic distances, perhaps there could be several meetup spots then head up to to the drive, and then lunch / dinner for those who can make it. The Yello Deli is less than 30 minutes from my house, but the 2 lunches there have been at times when I could not make it.
With so many people in so many areas, we can never find a date that everybody can make, all we can do is multiple smaller events.
Miner

Like I said, I was throwing the idea out there just to meet up once in a while to shoot the shit. Me and nicole tried this local waffle place in chino today that makes all kinds of waffles. It would be cool to just do breakfast on a sat or dinner or something. Chad has that tai BBQ that we are always welcome to.

Like I said, I was throwing the idea out there just to meet up once in a while to shoot the shit. Me and nicole tried this local waffle place in chino today that makes all kinds of waffles. It would be cool to just do breakfast on a sat or dinner or something. Chad has that tai BBQ that we are always welcome to.

I agree with your idea for breakfast. Chino is a way bit far for me, but would work for others.

Back