Vroom Stopped By Today.

Jeff very nice, I like the 4x4 twill on the center console. Are the padels on the steering wheel gonna be a surprise function to everyone?:wink:

gil

The steering wheel with have a number of controls that operate the hands free system (HFL), audio controls and factory cruise control. the rear padels were a way to hide some of the switches and still keep them easily accessible. you don't even see them when the wheel is on. The quick release hub has 7 contacts that makes use of the 6 clock ring connections and a ground. There are 2 circuit boards built into the wheel that work the RDX system in the same way the RDX wheel does.

I have a couple designs for the rear hatch. My biggest issue has been getting rid of heat. I'm trying to come up with a thermostat control that will automatically open vents when the ambient temp of the engine compartment goes over a set amount. When the car is moving the heat will draw out the bottom of the underpan but when it is stationary I need a way to vent the raising air forcefully. I figure i won't tackle that 'til fall anyway. Have some time to work out the bugs. Any input would be great.

I have a couple designs for the rear hatch. My biggest issue has been getting rid of heat. I'm trying to come up with a thermostat control that will automatically open vents when the ambient temp of the engine compartment goes over a set amount. When the car is moving the heat will draw out the bottom of the underpan but when it is stationary I need a way to vent the raising air forcefully. I figure i won't tackle that 'til fall anyway. Have some time to work out the bugs. Any input would be great.

I have thought about the use of FAL fans at certain sizes with custom ducts to direct hot air out of the engine compartment. Having the fans come on, functioned manually via switch. Now with a new design from your current one utilizing the top air inlet would have to be a thought process in designing something that does not look to tacky but yet functional and clean. Also adapting a thermostate switch to automatically activate some sort of heat extracting device would be very enginuitive but that also as you say would need time to tackle. MAybe more input would help with ideas as I have tought about this due to Texas Heat. Not very friendly at stand still traffic jams. :smile:

I know you guys probably know about the oem cooling fan that honda started using but stopped due to overkill.That install was nice and you could possibly learn something from whatever switch honda used.

I know you guys probably know about the oem cooling fan that honda started using but stopped due to overkill.That install was nice and you could possibly learn something from whatever switch honda used.

My car does have the OEM side fan and it does work well. If I remember correctly, the engine compartment fan uses the coolant temp sensor to trigger from the control unit. That is a good place to start. even with an under pan sealing the underside for aerodynamics, I want to be able to exchange the air in the engine compartment every 5 seconds. I have a friend who's specialty is in fluid dynamics. We should be able to come up with something.

I see you want a completely sealed undercarage:cool: Well then since your car will be subjected to the rigors of stop and go traffic heat evacuation will be an issue,keep us posted on your solution:smile:

Back