• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group Buy Vivid Racing Advan RSII Wheel Group Buy

I just got an updated from Mackin Regarding our wheels There is some good news and some bad news Due to the amount of our order some wheels will be arriving before others. These are delivery date to the Japan port, Once they arrive its about another 30 days shipping by container

If the item is not listed below it will be here sooner

RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 SEMI GLOSS BLACK – 6 pcs end of oct / rest end of Jan

RSII 17X9.0 +45 5-114.3 SEMI GLOSS BLACK – 4 pcs end of oct

RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 HYPER SILVER - 6 pcs end of oct

RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK – all end of jan

RSII 17X9.5 +35 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK - 4 pcs end of oct

RSII 17X9.0 +45 5-114.3 RACING HYPER SILVER - 4 pcs end of oct

RSII 19X10.0 +35 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK – 2 here / 2 end of nov

RSII 18X10.0 +35 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK – all end of jan

RSII 18X10.0 +35 5-114.3 RACING HYPER SILVER – all end of jan

RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 SEMI GLOSS BLACK – all end of jan

RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK - all end of jan

dsc1194v.jpg

dsc1195h.jpg

dsc1199t.jpg

dsc1200uy.jpg

I noticed you listed the Hyper Silver color two different ways:

Is there any difference why one is listed as "RACING" Hyper Silver vs just Hyper Silver?

So based on the shipping time, am I correct that I will get my front wheels at the end of November, and the rear wheels at the end of FEBRUARY?!

These look so good. Thanks for the tease...

Are you going to fill orders by the order placed?

Is there any difference why one is listed as "RACING" Hyper Silver vs just Hyper Silver?

So based on the shipping time, am I correct that I will get my front wheels at the end of November, and the rear wheels at the end of FEBRUARY?!

There is no difference in the color.. might of just how they wrote it out but they offer only 3 finishes for the wheels so there will be no difference.. But yes due the amount of what we ordered and Japans Current production time this is they told me.. I am actually going to meet the guys from Advan at Sema and let me them how many people are awaiting these wheels.

These look so good. Thanks for the tease...

Are you going to fill orders by the order placed?

If I can I will... So as they come in I will let everyone know.

I noticed the same thing with gloss black
RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 SEMI GLOSS BLACK – 6 pcs end of oct / rest end of Jan
RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 SEMI GLOSS BLACK – all end of jan

That does not make sense. Could you Clarify.

I am actually not in to big of a hurry for my wheels, as I have my car up for sale, and on the hunt for a newer NSX. So I am fine with waiting till January. Someone else can have my Dibs

Last edited:
What's happened with the RSII logo on one of the spokes? Is that gone now? I it in the box for you to apply yourself? I liked it!

Third photo from the top of the page.

Thanks...looked so similar to hyper black with the shadow. :smile:

For those currently using 15mm(front) & 25mm(rear) spacers on oem (02+) wheels, would anyone happen to know if these 17x8 & 18x10 RSII wheels will replicate the same "flush"-ness to the fender, or will it replicate the stock look where I'd still need to run the spacers?

(just trying to plan in advance if I need to remove the front extended lug bolts)

Thanks...looked so similar to hyper black with the shadow. :smile:

For those currently using 15mm(front) & 25mm(rear) spacers on oem (02+) wheels, would anyone happen to know if these 17x8 & 18x10 RSII wheels will replicate the same "flush"-ness to the fender, or will it replicate the stock look where I'd still need to run the spacers?

(just trying to plan in advance if I need to remove the front extended lug bolts)

It depends on what offset you got with the RSII.

Those wheel are going to stick out 12.7mm further out than stock at the same offset (54,55). So basically an RSII with an offset of 55 is like adding a 12.7mm spacer. But the RSII you ordered if you were in the GB is most likely 45 or 37 front so it is like having a 22.7 mm spacer or a 30.7mm spacer up front. Much much more flush.

I remember that when the GB was running it wasn't clear if the 45 offset could clear stoptech BBK.

I'm not on this GB :redface: but would be very nice if a enlightened prime member :smile: could confirm the offset information as in the future i'll be looking for wheels and RSII is for sure one of the candidates :biggrin:
I would prefer the 45 offset

Me no think 45 offset would clear stop tech. 35 will. I believe you can run spacer to bring the offset down, pushing the wheel further out. look at the SOS website on RS wheel. It indicates which offset will clear which BBK.

Me no think 45 offset would clear stop tech. 35 will. I believe you can run spacer to bring the offset down, pushing the wheel further out. look at the SOS website on RS wheel. It indicates which offset will clear which BBK.

The RS is slightly different than the RSII so it's hard to tell.

Yes for sure 37 clears, 45 I am not sure about on stoptech. It will clear Brembo and most of the others.

If you are going 35 rear which almost everyone does, it's good to also go 37 front anyway. I'm not a huge fan of changing the front/rear ratio of track width from stock.

as in the future i'll be looking for wheels and RSII is for sure one of the candidates :biggrin:

One of the things that I was able to get with the group buy that I haven't told anyone of yet was a special mix of alloy Advan had experimented with that was much stronger than the standard castings, but it came at a huge cost. As the costs went up on that alloy they could no longer use it but they had enough material to make around 40 sets of wheels, 35 of which I grabbed for the GB.

So you can order later, but just know your wheel will not be as strong as this batch of orders that went in. Sorry....

One of the things that I was able to get with the group buy that I haven't told anyone of yet was a special mix of alloy Advan had experimented with that was much stronger than the standard castings, but it came at a huge cost. As the costs went up on that alloy they could no longer use it but they had enough material to make around 40 sets of wheels, 35 of which I grabbed for the GB.

So you can order later, but just know your wheel will not be as strong as this batch of orders that went in. Sorry....

Really? That awesome! You must have some pretty impressive negotiation skills.

What was the final number for sets of wheels ordered in this group buy?

Really? That awesome! You must have some pretty impressive negotiation skills.

What was the final number for sets of wheels ordered in this group buy?

No, not really. LOL.... I was just busting BBVNSX's balls.... :biggrin:

I think I better fess up before I get a phone call from Ahmed asking why I'm lying on the forum. Haha

Good story though, no?

Lol... :biggrin:, thanks very much for the information. It would be nice if you could measur caliper clearance when you get those very special wheels with terminator alloy :biggrin:

Yeah ok. I will do that since I have stoptechs and let you know how much room you have. But yours will never be as good as ours. There's no more terminator alloy left, just some pulverized metal from recycled grocery store carts.

Back