Vibram Five Finger shoes

Anyone try these?

I'm looking for something for camping, rafting and some light hiking.

An all in one. It needs to be able to drain the water and dry fairly fast.

I've owned shoes with Vibram soles and love them. However, I'm not familiar with them as a full shoe company.

Vibram-Fivefingers-Sprint-Shoes-Five-fingers-Black-Yellow.jpg

vibram-five-fingers-kso1.jpg

vibram_five_fingers.jpg

Those remind me of a cross between crocs and aqua socks back in the day.

A friend of mine did all the photography for their site and sent me a free pair, I absolutely love them! Make SURE to get fitted in person if you can- believe it or not, they make excellent driving shoes, as you can heal toe with your actual toes, the only downside is that the heal is grabs the carpet and makes an odd "pivot point"

Have seen a 911 turbo couple wearing them, they said they are fantastic for driving, but my God they look so weird, I don't hate them, they just make you look like you have an animal feet or something lol

I don't really care how they look as long as they are durable and comfortable for rafting and wading in the river. The aqua shoes I have used in the past tend to fall apart after just a few uses. I saw these in my newest REI catalog, and I still have $24 left on my dividend for the year... Might have to check out a pair.

As for looking funny- have you seen someone wearing Crocs? You trying to tell me those don't look funny?

Seriously?

LoL

P

Last edited:
I think they look cool, specially as the toes are independent.

I used to hate the way Crocs look, then one day I tried my dads and I was hooked. Granted I would not wear them driving the NSX but they must be the most comfortable shoes ever.

17 year old son wears them all the time and loves them. Sorta like the NSX as they attract a lot of attention and comments. He says they are very comfortable and can run in them well too. My only comment is that they seem to make your feet sweat and stink..But that could just be him!

.... My only comment is that they seem to make your feet sweat and stink.....

That's been noted with other consumers on the net.

I think more so with the synthetic material instead of the Kangaroo leather ones (there are 3 models with leather).

I think I'm interested in the "Sprint" model since it's the most versatile.

Looking for water sports and I'll toss in the washer.

my kids have them, my son ruined his by using them as they are supposed to be used. $100:mad:

I've been thinking about buying a pair of these for squats on leg day at the gym... :cool:

I've seen people at the gym wear these. I don't know exactly why, but these are the most fugliest footwear I have ever seen. I'd rather go bare foot than put one of these on. On a guy, they look like he's wearing flat pumps, except the pumps have individual toes. Just not a pleasant imagery.

Crocs, they may look kind of funny, but not outright fugly like these.

vibram4.jpg

P34171273046

Last edited:
I've seen people at the gym wear these. I don't know exactly why, but these are the most fugliest footwear I have ever seen. I'd rather go bare foot than put one of these on. On a guy, they look like he's wearing flat pumps, except the pumps have individual toes. Just not a pleasant imagery.

Yeah, now that I see them in on, I think I'll stick with barefoot squats...:biggrin:

I was at the gym yesterday lifting weights when something catches my eye. I look over and the guy next to me is sporting a pair of these things. I would STRONGLY recommend never puting these things on your feet.

The idea of the five fingers shoes is to leave you with only the minimal amount of protection and support needed to wear which is like our ancestors wore (no shoes etc back in the day). They are claiming by going back to less support/insoles/orthotics it will help correct our problem feet which have become soft from using shoe products to alleviate foot pains and issues. This makes our feet have to build up our muscles in our feet when we wear the viabram five fingers...don't know if it really works but several people at work have claimed they do wonders! They also like mentioned above help your feet breathe since you don't have to wear socks.

for that "spin" sales speak to be valid you would have to start wearing them from childhood:rolleyes:

Back