Veteran's Day - the other Thanksgiving

Thanks, veterans, for all that you have done, and thanks to today's service personnel for all you continue to do. May your efforts always be appreciated — and never, ever forgotten. -Author unknown<O:p</O:p

TripleL

Thanks, veterans, for all that you have done, and thanks to today's service personnel for all you continue to do. May your efforts always be appreciated — and never, ever forgotten. -Author unknown<O:p</O:p

TripleL
+1

thx to all who have served and, of course, all who serve now.

I say it every year, but if someone wants to show their appreciation for veterans, they could start by giving us Veteran's Day off work. :)

I say it every year, but if someone wants to show their appreciation for veterans, they could start by giving us Veteran's Day off work. :)

What's the deal with Veteran's Day getting Tuesday for it's designation? It should be on a Monday so there can be a three day weekend.

My family and I salute all our past and current military,thankyou for your service.

2 of the 6 software companies where i've been an employee have supported this. though i never took the day, some of my employees did and i was very glad for and proud of them (for their service and the recognition that naturally came with taking *that* day off.)

Freedom is not free. Thank you vets for defending freedom and our way of life.

Special thanks to the vets in my family who fought the Nazi's in WWII - sailed w/ Eisenhower, bandaged countless wounds as a medic, parachuted in North Africa, fought as a Filipino guerilla and became a Japanese POW, manned the .50 cal on B-17s, B-25s, and B-26s, and fought at Bastogne. Some of you are gone, some still with us - but we'll never forget you or forget to honor your sacrifice.

" The tree of liberty needs to be refreshed with the blood of patriots from time to time. "

To all our vets , past , present and future -

Thank you , thank you , thank you.

And

THANK YOU .

I can't say it enough -

THANK YOU !

-the best friend a guy could ask for.
patriot.gif

71917267_ff85ca37f3.jpg

It was originally Armistice Day, to commemorate the end of the Great War. It was changed to Veteran's Day in 1954.

Army gets a four day weekend, but I look at it as making up for all the unpaid overtime we have to work.

Nick

What's the deal with Veteran's Day getting Tuesday for it's designation? It should be on a Monday so there can be a three day weekend.

Most units will get Monday off too, 4 day weekend (aka a 96[hrs]).

Applebees was offering a free meal to military personnel active/guard/reserves, veterans, retirees yesterday. We went late to our local one and they had already closed by 9 I think. We were hungry, so we ended up going to Red Robin. An anonymous lady ended up paying our tab, our waitress told us.

Back