Value on '95 Red ???

Hey Guys,
What's a '95 Red/Blk with 14k mi. in excellent shape worth in the market. Its a 2 owner car in excellent shape.

Any suggestions on what I should offer for it without insulting the owner. (Seems like edmunds, kbb etc. are off on the NSX's a bit)

Originally posted by NSXSTER:
Hey Guys,
What's a '95 Red/Blk with 14k mi. in excellent shape worth in the market. Its a 2 owner car in excellent shape.

Any suggestions on what I should offer for it without insulting the owner. (Seems like edmunds, kbb etc. are off on the NSX's a bit)

35k-40k.

do you care if you insult them? are you gonna be friends when this is over? it's just business. you want a car. they want money. no matter what you offer, they think it's worth more. low miles just means deferred service. the car is 7 soon to be 8 model years old in about 3 weeks. bet the 60/90, tb, pump, etc hasn't been done.
i concur 35-40. but 40 gets you turn key, needs nothing. forget retail, it's not relevant. if you don't work up from wholesale, you're payin too much.
btw, what makes you think the various guides are off? .

[This message has been edited by akydakyx (edited 24 September 2002).]

A fair price is probably somewhere around $45-48K, which takes into account the extremely low mileage. Deduct $1200 if the timing belt and water pump hasn't been done, another $1000 if it hasn't had 30K/60K service.

Average mileage on a '95 is around 35K miles, and a typical selling price on a '95 with average miles in excellent condition would be around $41-44K.

EDIT: Raised the upper limit of the dollar ranges, left the lower limit as is.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 September 2002).]

35-40k ?
I'll buy 2 more NSX (purple or silver) if you can find me pristine '95 with very low mileage for that price range. Last year, at local dealer in http://www.showroomcars.com/
I offered $50k for a Red NSX '95 with 8k miles and the dealer did not want to let go. They wanted $52k and I believe they sold it at around that price this year.

I don't think a sane private owner is going to believe you if you start talking about the timing belt, waterpump or 60/90 things for a very low mileage car.

I will say the going market rate is still going to be $45k-$50k for a perfect VERY low mileage car.

If the car is PRISTINE, MINT, NO FLAWS, NO ACCIDENTS history; and you like the car so much and have the money, buy it
smile.gif

I know you will enjoy it.

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 9k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 4k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 95k miles and running strong :)

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
A fair price is probably somewhere around $45-48K, which takes into account the extremely low mileage. Deduct $1200 if the timing belt and water pump hasn't been done, another $1000 if it hasn't had 30K/60K service.

Average mileage on a '95 is around 35K miles, and a typical selling price on a '95 with average miles in excellent condition would be around $41-44K.

EDIT: Raised the upper limit of the dollar ranges, left the lower limit as is.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 September 2002).]

I concur.

Yup. $35-$40K is WAY too low, unless of course there's something wrong with the car.

For that price range, you're looking into...what, 93-94? A very low mileage 91-92 in excellent condition can also justify that price range as well.

If it helps at all, I picked up a green/tan 94, one owner, 13,900 miles 6 months ago for $42,000. I know one is a targa and the other is not but year and mileage are very close so I thouhgt I'd chime in.
Aaron

Originally posted by AaronR:
If it helps at all, I picked up a green/tan 94, one owner, 13,900 miles 6 months ago for $42,000. I know one is a targa and the other is not but year and mileage are very close so I thouhgt I'd chime in.

I think that's a fair price for yours, Aaron.

The '95 is worth a significant bump in price over yours because it's an open-top NSX-T and yours is not.

Perhaps the $35-40K jab was merely wishful thinking on the part of a potential buyer.

and i know a 94 black with 14k miles that sold for 38.5 and a green 94 w/ 48k miles that sold for 38. all within the past 4 weeks. there is a green 94 w/49k miles at a bmw dealer in town asking 36450. asking prices i see on 95 30k miles 40000, 42k miles 40000, 38k miles 42500. who's kidding who here. just because you paid 42 doesn't mean it was a good deal. it is just a data point. otoh, if you are happy then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. unless you are gonna drive the hell out of it, why pay any premium for low miles. normal nsx miles are low to begin with.

Originally posted by akydakyx:
low miles just means deferred service. bet the 60/90, tb, pump, etc hasn't been done.

Let's see... if my NSX had only 14k miles as in this case, should I or should I not do the 60k or the 90k mile maintenance routines just so I can get them out of the way....

Your astute insight overwhelms me. LOL !

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 24 September 2002).]

I havea pristine condition 2000 NSX with 6000 miles in red/black no accidents, tracks, paint work, etc. and I had a party tell me that it is worth $48,500 cash.

Isn't this a bit low for a 2000???

8000rpm, obviously you have never heard of preventative maintenance nor have you read your owner's manual. the 90 is 90 or 6 years. the 60k is 60k or 4 years. a 95 was 4 years old 3 years ago and 6 years old 1-2 years ago. read the faq. there is a reason for the service interval. do you know what an interference engine is?
i am currently searching for the right car for me. the prices for the sold cars i quoted were straight from the seller's mouth. the asking prices i quoted are real ads from various sources, such as this board, cars.com, trader, etc. i don't make this s**t up. maybe cars are more exp in ca than out east. i don't pay attention to ca prices b/c it cost 1800-2000 to get it here enclosed transport.
i have a few contacts who are wholesalers and i respect their opinion. they have access to highline auction prices.
if you want to know what your car is worth call a dealer and ask what he'll give you for it. you won't want to hear what he tells you. too bad the dealers on this board won't open up and tell you guys the truth. the dealers on this board only post cars for sale at retail and contribute nothing to the discussion that takes place.
there has to be at least one lister who has a dealer friend who will corroborate what i say(even if anonamously).
flame on.

Originally posted by wildrice:
I havea pristine condition 2000 NSX with 6000 miles in red/black no accidents, tracks, paint work, etc. and I had a party tell me that it is worth $48,500 cash.

Isn't this a bit low for a 2000???

Yes. I'd bet dollars to donuts that this party was someone who was interested in buying the car from you at this price.
smile.gif

I think you've got your car's asking price on autotrader right where you want it to be ($66,900). People will expect you to come down a little bit, but you ought to be able to sell it for somewhere in the low sixties, no problem.

i know a 94 black with 14k miles that sold for 38.5 and a green 94 w/ 48k miles that sold for 38. all within the past 4 weeks. there is a green 94 w/49k miles at a bmw dealer in town asking 36450.

This is a good example of how prices are going to vary, and it's based on a lot of things, particularly overall condition.

Let's take those '94 cars for example:

$42K for 14K miles
$38.5K for 14K miles
$38K for 48K miles
$36K for 49K miles

These prices appear inconsistent with each other. If a '94 with 48K miles is worth $38K, then one with only 14K miles ought to be worth $4K more, due to the lower miles. But that assumes that all the maintenance has been done. A '94 with 14K miles might be worth $42K if it's had the timing belt and water pump and 60K service done, but only $38.5K if those services haven't been done. Similarly, the paint on one might be absolutely perfect, and another might have been in an accident or otherwise poorly cared for. And if a car has an automatic transmission, the price can go dramatically lower OR higher. So there are a lot of factors that can drive the price on any particular car up or down. There's no "right" answer but a fair price is a price around which you ought to be able to buy and sell cars pretty easily.

unless you are gonna drive the hell out of it, why pay any premium for low miles. normal nsx miles are low to begin with.

Because there is less wear and tear on a car with low miles; problems that accrue with mileage are less likely to show up.

It's true that average miles on an NSX are lower than with most other cars; average is about 5K miles per year. But an NSX which has averaged 2K miles per year (below average miles) is going to sell for more money than one with 20K miles per year (above average miles). Lower mileage cars are always going to sell for higher prices than higher mileage cars, all else being equal. If you don't think that it's worth paying extra for a lower mileage car, then buy one with more miles and save money.

if you want to know what your car is worth call a dealer and ask what he'll give you for it.

That simply doesn't make any sense. A dealer will only pay what he thinks he can sell your car for quickly MINUS the several thousand dollar profit he wants!

Obviously dealer trade-in or dealer auction prices are going to be considerably lower than private party sale prices or dealer sale prices.

You would be lucky to get much more than $20k selling a very clean low-mile '91 NSX to a dealer. But you can easily sell that same car in the $30s privately. That is how the market works, and that is why dealers are in business and can make a nice profit despite their high operating costs.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 24 September 2002).]

i concur 35-40. but 40 gets you turn key, needs nothing. forget retail, it's not relevant. if you don't work up from wholesale, you're payin too much.
btw, what makes you think the various guides are off? .

Talk is cheap. If you can find me a 5 speed Red or Black NSX-T with no stories, mint, with all original paint, 15k miles NSX-T with no accident history or salvage history for $35,000. I have cash ready today.

I've been around this forum for couple of years and knows a lot of people here personally. I made this offer to you publicly. My offer stands for the next three months.

nsx2F1, i posted 40k for turn key, needs nothing. that means very good condition, clean title, good tires, services done and current, good paint, clean title, yada, yada. what makes you think you should get one at 35?

what you described is a best in the world example 95 for 35? what planet do you live on?

Well said NSX2F1
smile.gif

Don't forget my first offer too for 2 more NSX for me. I have the cash ready too. Seriously.

8000RPM, I am agree with you 100%.
"Can I borrow yours?" -> You are so funny
smile.gif

akydakyx, in regards to your remark to AaronR:
"who's kidding who here. just because you paid 42 doesn't mean it was a good deal. it is just a data point. "
I don't understand why you are being sarcastic of AaronR information?

Now, we can understand why akydakyx low balling the NSX price, he is not an NSX owner.

Back