• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Pictures ofthe Back End Thread!

You know when you do look at some of these pictures you can really see the condensation in the reverse area of the tail light. I am suprised that know one has ever done anything to change that area of the tail light.

just something I noticed.

blackonblack.jpg

What are your wheel specs?

oh myyyyy - in a good way!

Where do the exhaust tips exit? I take it this is strictly for a wide-body?

We will be building a low profile exhaust that exits out the center of the tunnel area. As for now it is strictly widebody, I will be adapting it to a stock body when I get some time, its going to be pretty quick because the only part I will need to build would be the rear bumper, the exhaust and 5 piece diffuser are going to be re-used from the widebody kit. That is one of the reasons I did a separate diffuser, even though it is more expensive, it allows for the part to be either painted or exposed carbon fiber and also to be used in stock body or widebody application.

Wow, seems there will soon be some options out there in terms of the F430 inspired rear end treatments. :cool:

Here a few sneak peak shots of our widebody rear prototype to be released SOON.
View attachment 74944
View attachment 74945
This is good timing. I've been busy fabricating a center exit exhaust just so that a proper functional diffuser can be installed. Most exhausts sits too darn low and are heavy. I didn't like the options available out there for either exhausts or diffusers but yours looks promising.

I'm non-widebody and would like to keep the stock bumper if possible. I think a nice diffuser can be done with the right center exit exhaust and only require changing of the rear valence. Feel free to PM/call me if you're looking for ideas. I'm hoping yours is available in time so I don't have to go out and make it myself!

For sh*ts & giggles...here's my center exit exhaust in "street" mode and a shot of my back end. I hope to have some time over the next couple of weeks to figure out "race" wide open mode.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bygA1beTarU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We will be building a low profile exhaust that exits out the center of the tunnel area. As for now it is strictly widebody, I will be adapting it to a stock body when I get some time, its going to be pretty quick because the only part I will need to build would be the rear bumper, the exhaust and 5 piece diffuser are going to be re-used from the widebody kit. That is one of the reasons I did a separate diffuser, even though it is more expensive, it allows for the part to be either painted or exposed carbon fiber and also to be used in stock body or widebody application.
Something to keep in mind also... it gets really really hot under there especially for folks like me who have after market exhaust components (headers, HF cats, etc..) that cannot incorporate the factory heatshields. I'm crossing my fingers that a CF solution works and doesn't warp or melt since CF would be ideal.

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind also... it gets really really hot under there especially for folks like me who have after market exhaust components (headers, HF cats, etc..) that cannot incorporate the factory heatshields. I'm crossing my fingers that a CF solution works and doesn't warp or melt since CF would be ideal.

This depends, poorly constructed carbon components with a sandwiched FRP layer/s can still warp. Keep in mind the different ways carbonfiber components are made.

1. Conventional Wet Lay - Cheapest out of the bunch, used with ambient temps to cure and would require a lot of prep to get it in a even status vs other methods. Uneven weaves overall poor quality are usually associated unless you have a skilled composite GUY.

2. Vacumm Bagging with Epoxy resin - You get a solid result if steps in vaccuum bagging and/also infusion are done properly.

3. Oven cured (auto clave) - Structural purposes, straight weaves. The most expensive out of the choices. This would be ideal and would serve it's purpose in results.

All these if not just like fiberglass can warp on cure, shrink or have some sort of curing property issues do to mixing the non reccomended catalysts etc.

All of the above would vary dependant on materials, layers of Carbon/FRP and pre prepping

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This is good timing. I've been busy fabricating a center exit exhaust just so that a proper functional diffuser can be installed. Most exhausts sits too darn low and are heavy. I didn't like the options available out there for either exhausts or diffusers but yours looks promising.

I'm non-widebody and would like to keep the stock bumper if possible. I think a nice diffuser can be done with the right center exit exhaust and only require changing of the rear valence. Feel free to PM/call me if you're looking for ideas. I'm hoping yours is available in time so I don't have to go out and make it myself!

For sh*ts & giggles...here's my center exit exhaust in "street" mode and a shot of my back end. I hope to have some time over the next couple of weeks to figure out "race" wide open mode.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bygA1beTarU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Your a brave man leaving that unmaned camera there, LOL.:biggrin:

Your a brave man leaving that unmaned camera there, LOL.:biggrin:
LOL

That's an access road to a development project that was put on hold. It leads to nowhere. It's normally empty but I realized that white Civic in the video must have been lost. hahaha

btw.. glad to have you back on prime Davidf. no one understands the love for a good wheel lip like you and I do!

also, thanks Synergy for the explanation. i'm no expert in CF construction so the education is welcome.

Last edited:
Made my own diffuser, been trying to get this done for the past 2 years. Finally had some time and got a lot done. Still need to clean up the corners, straighten it up a bit and either gonna paint it black or thinking about carbonfiber vinyl or black vinyl.

Looks low but its still higher then my exhaust so I dont think I will hit anything on the streets (i Hope).

Let me know what you think.

IMG_20110329_214937.jpg

IMG_20110329_215044.jpg

IMG_20110329_215024.jpg

Last edited:
Made my own diffuser, been trying to get this done for the past 2 years. Finally had some time and got a lot done. Still need to clean up the corners, straighten it up a bit and either gonna paint it black or thinking about carbonfiber vinyl or black vinyl.

Looks low but its still higher then my exhaust so I dont think I will hit anything on the streets (i Hope).

Let me know what you think.

IMG_20110329_215024.jpg

96xt, is your rear bumper a 02+ oem piece? I think you did a really good shop with the shape, if you can get that piece made in ABS black plastic and smooth out some edges I think you got yourself a winner!

It looks sorta like the DF piece but to keep the cost down it doesn't need to be CF for sure.

rick

^^^ nice effort! Looks very similar to mine but I added a lip for rigidity. Nice to see it on an early <02 bumper. How far into the undertray did u go? Good work.

$0.02... stick with aluminum. I've seen even cf warp from the heat back there. Black crinkle paint looks really nice on these.

Actually if painted black, it resembles the GT-One diff. Only downside to the DF is I wish each fin were replaceable. I've scraped repaired mine on different occasions due to crappy driveways. It really gets old. Still I love it.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

s4play - my rear bumper is stock 1992. Do you know if anyone can make this out of ABS and for how much?

RYU - do you have any pictures of the one you have? If you don't mind sharing that is.

synth19 - you are right it looks a bit homemade but once I clean up the edges and paint it, I am hoping it will blend in more. I would love to buy the DF one but I would have to first buy the 02+ rear, paint it, then buy the DF piece. This would cost me over or close to $2k. This piece have taken 4 to 6 hours of my time and $50 in materials. So I will not feel bad if I scrape it or bend it.

davidf - As you have seen how low my car is and I knew in my mind I would bend the fins sooner or later, I designed this piece so I could easily change the fins individually. :wink:

Now I don't know if you guy saw the post of me making the radiator duct...but I used a bit skinner aluminum and covered it with the Ebay bought carbon fiber Vinyl. I kind of like the way it turned out.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i39/96cxt/104_0391.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i39/96cxt/104_0398.jpg

I have some C/F vinyl left and I will cover the center two fins with it and paint the outer ones just to see which one looks better. I will make 4 extra fins with the material I have left over and then go with the ones that look the best.

I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again guys.

Rahim

Back