Traded my 1991 NSX for a evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already posted this on the other EVO thread. Now I know the Euro and US versions are a little different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not know if in Europe we get the same model (Evo VIII) that you have in the US. I never drove one. But Top-Gear recently tested the EVO VIII and the Subaru Impreza STI on their test track using a profesisonal driver.

The Impreza did a little slower than the Alpina Z8 (auto) and faster than teh Maserati and some other sport cars. Whatever.

The EVO was faster than the MURCIELAGO!!! Second overall after the Pagani Zonda. The people were impressed... me too!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This also answer Brian2by2'question, why an EVO and not a WRX... the EVO is a lot better.

And yes, we have to admit it:

- stock it is faster than the NSX

- modified it is faster than the modified NSX (even at the extreme... there are 700ps EVO VII around)

I speak about the track, the real one, not the drag strip...

Brian2by2 said:
he said the title was never salvaged

You are right, the title was good and I broke off the deal. I will be getting a EVO once I sell my NSX. I drove the EVO for 200 miles and got my NSX back to put up for sale. Once the NSX is gone I will get the EVO. I do not need 4 cars for me and my wife. :-) Once the car gets broken in and I can take it to the track I will give anyone a ride if they want to see what the car can do. I have to get 1-2k miles on it 1st. Also the car has a front and rear bar, boost gauge and a TON of other factory options on it. Pretty cool.

ChrisK said:
Now I'm confused. I was referering to this quote below.

The dealer said it had a salvaged title to screw me, he lied because I have the title in my had but I never looked at it so once I looked at the title and it was clean and car fax was clean he got pissed because he KNEW he was not telling me the truth and broke off the deal. Anyway I found a new silver EVO for 28,055 with no moon roof. For the money it is a good deal I think and I don't have to pay 20-30k for mods to make if fast. When I say that 20-30k for mods I am thinking GJ turbo kit with the Comptech golds. Plus it's a 12 year old car.

You are right ... this is the best car ever.. go buy it and troll around the EVO threads..

NetViper, why this sarcasm? :confused:
It is a very good car. Nobody said that it is the best car ever in this forum...

I cannot say your post is constructive, sorry. :rolleyes:

NetViper said:
You are right ... this is the best car ever.. go buy it and troll around the EVO threads..

I was just saying that the NSX costs a lot more to make go fast I know I spent 2000 on my RM cat back and the comptech air box I have, No need to act like this.

Ryanmcd2 said:
I was just saying that the NSX costs a lot more to make go fast I know I spent 2000 on my RM cat back and the comptech air box I have, No need to act like this.

My bad.

Enjoy the evo.

Hey, enjoy the EVO. As for me, I can't never think about parting with my NSX for another vehicle. However, that doesn't mean I am not open to having two sport cars at the same time, like the NSX/MR2 I had a while ago.

I think the EVO is a really neat car. I am sure you will have a good time with it.

I think some of the confusion here lies in the fact that you are giving up your all aluminum, mid engine, exotic, world class NSX for a four door econo sport sedan with a turbo charger and ground effects kit.

I think the only people who would be more confused about your decision than the members on this board are the members on the Mitsubishi EVO board!

If you want more power out of the NSX, buy a Boostzilla or Comptech SC. Spend the 10k and enjoy your FI car.

If you need a four door car because of the functionality of four doors, then I can easily understand your reason for purchasing this car. However, you seem to be talking performance numbers a lot more than the added need for the extra space. You describe to us the EVO's quarter mile times and how it only takes $1,700 in upgrades to perform X time in the quarter mile. The aforementioned performance talk is usually reserved for 17 year old trolls who come her from time to time preaching to us about "value".

Ryan, I hope I did not come off as too argumentative. I was just trying to show why people are getting a bit snippy about your thread. Personally, I really like the EVO and WRX. They are extremely diverse cars. You can make the cars do any type of racing (even Rally!) or daily driving duty. And, unlike a lot of folks here, I really like the looks of the car.

I hope you have fun with your car and be sure to give us a good review after you have owned it for five or ten thousand miles.

Ryanmcd2,
Wow! I am not going to bash you for your personal decision to get rid of your NSX and trade it in for an EVO. But I am curious whether or not you would have kept the NSX if you had not found out that you had a salvaged title? As an Acura owner, you know that the engineering aspects of the NSX far exceed that of any mass-produced vehicle. The EVO –IMO- is not an upgrade. Why not a WRX STI instead? Better yet buy another NSX with a SC or Turbo? Have fun with your new car and Look out for those built up daily driven civics, pushing 300 plus horsepower. ENJOY!
;)

ok...so the evo runs 12 secs on quarter mile...SO?? i can build a hatch running less than 12 secs for less than 10K but it looks UGLY
NSX on the other hand is a head turner car
people don't turn their head to look at a Mitsu or Subaru

Edwardo said:
I think the EVO is a really neat car. I am sure you will have a good time with it.

I think some of the confusion here lies in the fact that you are giving up your all aluminum, mid engine, exotic, world class NSX for a four door econo sport sedan with a turbo charger and ground effects kit.

I think the only people who would be more confused about your decision than the members on this board are the members on the Mitsubishi EVO board!

If you want more power out of the NSX, buy a Boostzilla or Comptech SC. Spend the 10k and enjoy your FI car.

If you need a four door car because of the functionality of four doors, then I can easily understand your reason for purchasing this car. However, you seem to be talking performance numbers a lot more than the added need for the extra space. You describe to us the EVO's quarter mile times and how it only takes $1,700 in upgrades to perform X time in the quarter mile. The aforementioned performance talk is usually reserved for 17 year old trolls who come her from time to time preaching to us about "value".

Ryan, I hope I did not come off as too argumentative. I was just trying to show why people are getting a bit snippy about your thread. Personally, I really like the EVO and WRX. They are extremely diverse cars. You can make the cars do any type of racing (even Rally!) or daily driving duty. And, unlike a lot of folks here, I really like the looks of the car.

I hope you have fun with your car and be sure to give us a good review after you have owned it for five or ten thousand miles.

I will give a write up about it. I may get a 1997+ nsx soon but I want to drive the evo for a change. I have 4 cars now and don't need 5. Like I said in the past for a 12 year old car the nsx is THE BEST hands down. But I have had it for 5 almost 6 years and I just wanted a change, I think the EVO is a HUGE change and a different car. I can get 4 people in it, goto the track, and then drive it the next day to work :-). I tell you what, if Acura comes out with a new NSX soon I will buy it THAT DAY, so far I have been waiting for 3-4 years and wanted something that I can track, and not tie up any money with it. Come on 28k is nothing for a car that can do this so I feel the value is there. Again I still have my nsx right now and I am looking to sell it soon and get the evo. And if you go back and read all of my posts I wanted the GJ turbo but man that is a WHOLE different deal, and I can not drive 2200 miles to get it fixed or if I can not pass emmisions or whatever. Again the NSX is the BEST CAR I HAVE EVER HAD, not going to say the evo is better not going to say is a POS because I DO NOT KNOW, let me track it and get 10k miles on it. I can say 1st hand I think it handles better and the turn in is a lot better then the NSX. BUT the NSX from say over 100 I think will be faster and you know the top speed will kill the evo. But then again I love the 19PSI @ 3,000RPMS What can I say I love turbo cars. Plus it's kinda cool. But what it all comes down to is SCREW IT it's my $$$$$ and if I want to get a mustang and run 9's guess what? I will.

NSX2B said:
Ryanmcd2,
Wow! I am not going to bash you for your personal decision to get rid of your NSX and trade it in for an EVO. But I am curious whether or not you would have kept the NSX if you had not found out that you had a salvaged title? As an Acura owner, you know that the engineering aspects of the NSX far exceed that of any mass-produced vehicle. The EVO –IMO- is not an upgrade. Why not a WRX STI instead? Better yet buy another NSX with a SC or Turbo? Have fun with your new car and Look out for those built up daily driven civics, pushing 300 plus horsepower. ENJOY!
;)

The title is good on the car, read a few posts back. So a upgrade has to cost more money? hehe the funny thing is this sounds like people who tell me trading futures is crazy. But if I can make 5-10k a day trading 20 ES contracts doing it, is it really that crazy?

Ryanmcd2, I am with you! It is your money, do what you want. Sure the NSX looks better... but the EVO performs equally or even better. Not in the straight, but on the track. That is the difference between the "hatch" running less than 12 or the 300 PS Civic. Since I saw the Top Gear test I have been impressed: the car is a track rocket... and it is not a speciality track car (that means that it has AC, comfort, ...).

All right, enough people.

The man is exercising his right to choose and he chose a different car.

Ryan, enjoy your new EVO. There's nothing wrong with trying other flavors.

gheba_nsx said:
Ryanmcd2, I am with you! It is your money, do what you want. Sure the NSX looks better... but the EVO performs equally or even better. Not in the straight, but on the track. That is the difference between the "hatch" running less than 12 or the 300 PS Civic. Since I saw the Top Gear test I have been impressed: the car is a track rocket... and it is not a speciality track car (that means that it has AC, comfort, ...).

Thanks man, I don't understand some people. I guess each board is like this. I used to hang out on the E55 and C32 Boards I better not post I think the C32 sucks and am getting a evo. lol

gheba_nsx said:

I am going to leave the car 100% stock and once I get it broken in I will track it with Chin motorsports and see how it does vs the NSX. I think it will be fun. Also the NSX folks that I talked with here in Atlanta in 99 were super cool..

Joel said:
All right, enough people.

The man is exercising his right to choose and he chose a different car.

Ryan, enjoy your new EVO. There's nothing wrong with trying other flavors.

No worries, got the same crap when I sold my Rx-7 and got a NSX several years ago.:D

Ryan,

I think you misunderstood my post. I do not have a problem with your decision. I think the EVO is a great value in the automotive world. I was merely pointing out some reasons why people will question your decision.

Please, take no offense to my words. I mean none.

If you want to get a school bus and turn it in to a rally car I could care less. Just send me pictures when you are at the track ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back