Traded my 1991 NSX for a evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGP said:
Personal preference thing for sure. That being said, an early model NSX in great shape is in the same price range. And, I would be willing to wager that the early model NSX will be worth more 5 years down the road.
No doubt a 5 year old EVO will be worth around $12-16K IMO, but that's never stopped people from buying what they want. People like new cars.

Do you think "what's it gonna be worth more in 5 years" even enters our head? Why don't you buy a CRX for $2K, put $28K in mutual funds and see what's worth more in 5 years the NSX or the CRX plus mutual fund. j/k:rolleyes:

Rai Zero said:
No doubt a 5 year old EVO will be worth around $12-16K IMO, but that's never stopped people from buying what they want. People like new cars.

Do you think "what's it gonna be worth more in 5 years" even enters our head? Why don't you buy a CRX for $2K, put $28K in mutual funds and see what's worth more in 5 years the NSX or the CRX plus mutual fund. j/k:rolleyes:

LOL, I daytrade futures for my "extra cash". And again may do the GT3 down the road, lets see what they mark them up at. Also it STILL looks like a frog. lol I can say the NSX lost very little in the 5 years I had it. Also if you think a car is a investment you are very foolish. Plus the EVO is paid for like my NSX was. :-) Just moving money from one to the other.

The evo is a great choice imo if you want a fast track car out of the box.In fact the susp tuning from the factory is fantastic.Slap on hoosiers or similar rubber and you have tremendous mechanical grip.I was very impressed with the car at lime rock and The glen.You would not do poorly to find a nice evo strip out extraneous stuff put in a cage and have at it.I will be interrested in following this model as it matures as to long term durability and reliability as a track car.

Does any one have a picture of this EVO? What make is it...

Sorry guys I have been out ofthe loop too long..:confused:

LGNSX

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
033103132458.jpg
Meet the new 271-hp Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution for America, or the Evolution VIII if you already speak Evo lingo or have been following the breathless reports out of Japan.
033103132503.jpg

2.0L turbo 4 with 271hp 273-TQ
R&T test: 0-60 4.8sec 1/4 13.4@103 top speed 155mph

Ryanmcd2,

Congrats with your purchase. I have seen the Evo VII take on NSX's here in Europe and judging from what I have seen the two cars are very close in performance on the track. In the end, it all depends on the driver.

Have lots of fun with your new baby ;)

The first snow ski instructor I had said "It doesn't matter how fast you go down the slopes, just make sure you look good doing it".

In the same spirit, I just don't think I (or anyone else) looks good in a WRX/EVO/Focus/Civic/Kia/Hyundai/whatever. They all look about the same...they are all ugly (too me)...they all are/can be made fast (so can a 1972 Ford Pinto).

Really...how fast do you want to go?
How fast is fast enough?
And at what cost?

We like our NSX's because they are beautiful, UNIQUE, fast, fun, reliable and about the best hand made car in existance.

Last edited:
Well sayd donymo,exactly why I continue to track the nsx,not only is it fast ,and comfortable,but I enjoy sitting next to it and just looking at it inbetween run groups.

DONYMO said:
The first snow ski instructor I had said "It doesn't matter how fast you go down the slopes, just make sure you look good doing it".

In the same spirit, I just don't think I (or anyone else) looks good in a WRX/EVO/Focus/Civic/Kia/Hyundai/whatever. They all look about the same...they are all ugly (too me)...they all are/can be made fast (so can a 1972 Ford Pinto).

Really...how fast do you want to go?
How fast is fast enough?
And at what cost?

We like our NSX's because they are beautiful, UNIQUE, fast, fun, reliable and about the best hand made car in existance.

Good, I did not say the NSX was a POS. I just said that ***I*** the evo is pretty close and can seat 4 people. Untill you drive a EVO please do not say is sucks. And as far as Bling Bling I could care less or else I would of bought a F355 F360 or something like that, something that looks good costs a ton to fix, with poor build quality and is slow on the track. But I can say the 360 I drive did sound good.

Ryan,

Where are you in Atlanta.
I live in Suwanee and I hang out with 5 or 6 NSX guys around town, but I don't think we've met.

Don

DONYMO said:
Ryan,

Where are you in Atlanta.
I live in Suwanee and I hang out with 5 or 6 NSX guys around town, but I don't think we've met.

Don

Right where 285 and 75 come together. 30339 zip Power Ferry area

Ryanmcd2 said:
Also if you think a car is a investment you are very foolish.

I paid ~$3000 for my Cuda back in 1989. Now with some spit shine it could sell for ~ $30-40k with not much difficulty. Cars most certainly can be investments.

Autophile said:
I paid ~$3000 for my Cuda back in 1989. Now with some spit shine it could sell for ~ $30-40k with not much difficulty. Cars most certainly can be investments.

Okay VERY FEW are, old cars such as the Cuda are worth good money but lets see if ANY Jap car is worth more in 10 years. I do not think that will ever happen.

AaronR said:
That's not what he way saying when while looking up the Taitec last week in our drag race on the way to dinner :p

LOL! Was this the drag race where your little green car was not able to shake my 'grocery getter' until I went to shift?? The same race as that?? I seem to remember you fearing the silver Evo..if I had a higher redline you would have been mine! LOL! :D

the reason it took so long is because I could not find ANYTHING better or even close to the NSX.

Yet you decided to go with an Evo? Why not a WRX? At least it has some prestige on the road...a Mitsubishi is well, umm, a Mitsubishi. I'm glad that you like it!! I just wouldn't trade an NSX for it. I respect your decision, but don't understand it.

Enjoy!

Brian2by2 said:
I just wouldn't trade an NSX for it. I respect your decision, but don't understand it.

I don't understand why you bought an EVo when you say you could have got a new NSX or a Porsche GT3... if you have all that money to spend... why would you get a cheap EVO? That doesn't really make any sense to me at all... I mean, it's a nice car, but if you have ALL that money.. seems like you would get something a little more upper class than a rice rocket..

There is a "Jap" car ,as you so bluntly put it, that has apreciated just like any other desirable collecter car ,the toyota 2000 gt coupe.

NetViper said:
I don't understand why you bought an EVo when you say you could have got a new NSX or a Porsche GT3... if you have all that money to spend... why would you get a cheap EVO? That doesn't really make any sense to me at all... I mean, it's a nice car, but if you have ALL that money.. seems like you would get something a little more upper class than a rice rocket..
Well he may not want to spend it all in one place. He may want to buy a house or save for retirement (which I highly recomend), OR he may be waiting to see the next big thing maybe the M5/M6 with 500hp V10, or the Next gen NSX or the C6 Z06 or the Ford GT. There are a dozen interesting cars on the radar.

In your original post you mentioned you found out your NSX had a salvage tittle from flood damage. Would you mind posting the VIN number or giving it to Lud for future reference just in case this car comes up for sale?

Rai Zero said:
Well he may not want to spend it all in one place. He may want to buy a house or save for retirement (which I highly recomend)

Good advice.

Rai Zero said:
OR he may be waiting to see the next big thing maybe the M5/M6 with 500hp V10, or the Next gen NSX or the C6 Z06 or the Ford GT. There are a dozen interesting cars on the radar.

There are always interesting cars on the radar. There is always a "hot new thing" that just came out, that has all the buzz. Today it's the EVO and STI... and suddenly no one is talking about the 350Z or the MINI, which are now yesterday's buzz. Name any trendy car, and when it was first introduced it was the rage - the PT Cruiser, the New Beetle, the Prowler, and sure, going back 13 years, the NSX. But only a car that has inherent quality and performance is going to continue to get respect for years after its introduction. The NSX is not unique in that regard, but there are a lot more cars who lose the buzz than there are that keep it.

Thanks for the pic's Rai Zero. I dont know too much about Mitsubishi. Here in Victoria Canada, we just got a dealer this year. Thanks.

LGNSX

Lime Green NSX said:
Thanks for the pic's Rai Zero. I dont know too much about Mitsubishi. Here in Victoria Canada, we just got a dealer this year. Thanks.
LGNSX
well I tried to capture it's good side but as you can see it has no good side. j/k

This car is not good looking, but the reviews have been glowing.

Rai Zero said:
well I tried to capture it's good side but as you can see it has no good side. j/k

This car is not good looking, but the reviews have been glowing.

Well if the roof line was lower and the car droped with a body kit on it, it might not be half desent. Other then that it looks like a Toyota to me with the way they use the body lines. Any ways enjoy your new car.

LGNSX

Brian2by2 said:
he said the title was never salvaged

Now I'm confused. I was referering to this quote below.

Ryanmcd2 said:
Just traded my 1991 NSX in for a evo and guess what I found. Salvage title with flood damage, unreal and I had the car for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back