Traded my 1991 NSX for a evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just traded my 1991 NSX in for a evo and guess what I found. Salvage title with flood damage, unreal and I had the car for 5 years. Please if you EVER get a car do a car fax, it cost me about 4-6k because of the title. Anyway So far the evo is different then the nsx because of boost but it does turn a lot tighter. So far I like the lights and the car sits 4. drove the C32 AMG and like the evo better, got it for 29,700 with a wing and a sunroof. I will give a better write up once I get past the break in on it. Anyway I will get a NEW nsx if one ever comes out.

Hmm, this is an interesting "upgrade". I would be interested why this decision was made, wouldn't have been on my short list, so I would be curious what this thought process was . . .

Kevin

I have aC43 AMG and an NSX and I can't think of why I would want an Evo sitting in my garage next to any of them. In fact, we're selling the AMG for $30K. For $300 more you could have been in a Benz!

you guys are harsh.

he got the EVO because it was what he wanted. He didn't make any disparaging comments about the NSX. In fact, he tried to be helpful and warn everyone to be extra diligent when buying a used NSX.

The EVO isn't my bag either, but that's no reason to be rude to the guy. To each his own.

Ryan - congrat's on your purchase. I hope it's all you expected and you enjoy the car tremendously.

Be safe.

ChopsJazz said:
I have aC43 AMG and an NSX and I can't think of why I would want an Evo sitting in my garage next to any of them. In fact, we're selling the AMG for $30K. For $300 more you could have been in a Benz!

I could of had a AMG if I wanted. The C43 looks like crap to me. Don't want one and I could spend upto 100,000 on a car if I wanted to. The evo is a good car, can get 100hp for 2k and run mid 12's. The NSX needed 20k to do the same thing the evo can do. Also I did not want it anymore because I had the car for 5 almost 6 years and it's time for a change. Unless you have driven the EVO don't down the car. I have driven the C43 and it was okay. Just like the E55 Or the C32. Good cars but not for me.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but if I was I apologize. But I just don't get the Evo-Supra-WRX vs. NSX comparo. Heck, even the M3, S2K et al. don't belong in the equation. There've been lots of threads recently about horsepower wars and I agree that the NSX has been left way behind in that area, but an Evo will never be an NSX. Nor will an M3, a WRX...

khiroshima said:
Hmm, this is an interesting "upgrade". I would be interested why this decision was made, wouldn't have been on my short list, so I would be curious what this thought process was . . .

Kevin

The car was old, a 1991 is 12 years old, it only had 53,000 miles and about 15k in upgrades. The next step was GJ turbo Brembos and I just did not want to put 30k into a 12 year old car. Did not like the 996 TT looks like a frog. What else is there that can do what the EVO does, hold 4 people stop better then the NSX, do a 13.1 in the 1/4 and cost 28k new? I will take it to the track and autocross it and I don't have to put any money into it before I do this. To me it was a good deal. Like I said if honda does a NSX with 400HP the evo will be gone that day. :-)

ChopsJazz said:
I wasn't trying to be rude, but if I was I apologize. But I just don't get the Evo-Supra-WRX vs. NSX comparo. Heck, even the M3, S2K et al. don't belong in the equation. There've been lots of threads recently about horsepower wars and I agree that the NSX has been left way behind in that area, but an Evo will never be an NSX. Nor will an M3, a WRX...

I understand 100%. And like I said I wanted something different. I don't car what is better I have had a NSX now a EVO, RX-7 TT Before that, this list goes on. I like TURBO CARS. If I don't like the EVO I will get something else. I did not like the M3 at all. or the M5, E55, C32, Audi S4, C5, Z28, etc. I drove over 40 cars before I bought this and the reason it took so long is because I could not find ANYTHING better or even close to the NSX. The evo is FUN is it a NSX no, I can put 4 people in it.

Da Hapa said:
you guys are harsh.

he got the EVO because it was what he wanted. He didn't make any disparaging comments about the NSX. In fact, he tried to be helpful and warn everyone to be extra diligent when buying a used NSX.

The EVO isn't my bag either, but that's no reason to be rude to the guy. To each his own.

Ryan - congrat's on your purchase. I hope it's all you expected and you enjoy the car tremendously.

Be safe.

Thanks, also no one knows what the evo is. And the NSX looks faster then it is :D AGAIN just wanted something different. I could spend 100- or 150k on a car but when you get into the P or F cars it's no fun. Kinda like the person on here that had a NSX and a F355 and bought a mustang to build up. I guess I wanted something like my TT Rx-7 that would KILL the NSX in power.

ChopsJazz said:

Curious why you think those cars do not 'belong'. I own an NSX, an Evo, an S2000, and some other cars and the Evo is every bit as fast as my NSX on the track and street..so I am curious what you mean by the cars not belonging.

Wanna Bet?

I guess I wanted something like my TT Rx-7 that would KILL the NSX in power.

I have driven the EVO.. Its a nice car.. But its no NSX. Yes, it might be as fast, or faster than a 91-96 NSX, but it doesnt feel nearly as good. The engine also sounds like crap and the interior is CHEAP.

That being said, you cannot beat it for 30K. If I needed 4 seats, I would probably get one also. However, it would need some mods for me to really like it.

Re: Wanna Bet?

AndyVecsey said:
I guess I wanted something like my TT Rx-7 that would KILL the NSX in power.

Come on now andy. Don't make me spend 10k and kill you at the track. lol Let's not start the my dog is bigger then yours. Like I said man the NSX is great. Drive a evo then get back to me.

NetViper said:
I have driven the EVO.. Its a nice car.. But its no NSX. Yes, it might be as fast, or faster than a 91-96 NSX, but it doesnt feel nearly as good. The engine also sounds like crap and the interior is CHEAP.

That being said, you cannot beat it for 30K. If I needed 4 seats, I would probably get one also. However, it would need some mods for me to really like it.

Yep here is the BEST part of the EVO. 2k and I get 340HP to the wheels. All 4 of them :-)

Re: Re: Wanna Bet?

Ryanmcd2 said:
Come on now andy. Don't make me spend 10k and kill you at the track. lol Let's not start the my dog is bigger then yours. Like I said man the NSX is great. Drive a evo then get back to me.

Umm... dont bet on that. The evo is a great car.. but I dont think you want to mess with a finely tuned NSX.. You will lose.

Meeyatch1 said:
Curious why you think those cars do not 'belong'. I own an NSX, an Evo, an S2000, and some other cars and the Evo is every bit as fast as my NSX on the track and street..so I am curious what you mean by the cars not belonging.

Thanks for helping me out. I know like I said I could spend 100k but why? the EVO is what it is and I can take it to the track STOCK and not have to do a thing. I guess if I bought a NEW NSX and a new evo I would be okay. :-)

Re: Re: Re: Wanna Bet?

NetViper said:
Umm... dont bet on that. The evo is a great car.. but I dont think you want to mess with a finely tuned NSX.. You will lose.

Money = power, they have EVO's in the 9's. I could dump 10k and get in the low 10's. But again I want to wait a little before I go that route. The car has 130 miles on it. :-)

Meeyatch1 said:

i also own an NSX, a considerably modified WRX (12's in the 1/4 mile), an S2000, and some other cars also...

I find the NSX very different from the others in the 'feel' and in the car itself.

I've pushed all of them around on tracks also and the WRX and S2K are not similar to the NSX at all in handling dynamics and their driving characteristics, nor outright ability.

I would say the NSX is in a very different class though.
though honestly, the S2k is more fun to drive.

Last edited:
AndyH said:
evo and sti are both fast cars but they look so fugly.

LOL!! some will say that! but it's all in the eye of the beholder...

plus, an STi isn't there to get you 'wet', it's there to pummel you and the road into utter submission, and that's exactly what it does. :D

Clarification

Ryanmcd2 said:

Clarification - when I use the word "track" I do not mean qrtr mile drags.....it is road courses that I refer to.

That said, this past Sunday I went golfing with my pal. On the way home we found some twisties and went playing. Guess who was in my rear view mirror? What does he drive? The special STI version Soobie with mongo aftercooler, bigger turbo, AWD (?) stickie rubber and factory Brembos bigger than mine.

Meeyatch1 said:

That's not what he way saying when while looking up the Taitec last week in our drag race on the way to dinner :p

cmb said:
i also own an NSX, a considerably modified WRX (12's in the 1/4 mile), an S2000, and some other cars also...

I find the NSX very different from the others in the 'feel' and in the car itself.

I've pushed all of them around on tracks also and the WRX and S2K are not similar to the NSX at all in handling dynamics and their driving characteristics, nor outright ability.

Bless you.

Like I said earlier. To each his own. Why we can't all respect each other as car enthusiasts rather then get our panties in a twist over this car vs. that car, I'll never know.

I love my S2K. $ for $, IMO, there is no better new car buy if you want a high power, low weight, balanced roadster. Does that mean that I wouldn't kill puppies for an NSX? Nope. What that means is that, at least to me, the $50K premium for a new NSX isn't worth it. But again, that's just me.

cmb said:
Glad to hear that. :cool:

BTW $100K to spend I'd be taking a long hard look at the GT3;)

But the EVO plus $70K in the bank is not a bad deal.

NetViper said:

That being said, you cannot beat it (Evo) for 30K.
Personal preference thing for sure. That being said, an early model NSX in great shape is in the same price range. And, I would be willing to wager that the early model NSX will be worth more 5 years down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back