Toyota discontinuing Celica and MR2

"....and we continue to add more exciting and youthful products to the lineup such as the Matrix and Corolla XRS, Solara sports coupe and recently the Scion xA, xB and tC."

Give me a break! You mean to tell me that the Solara is outselling the Celica? That today's "youthful" generation finds that car exciting? Or for that matter, a Corolla more exciting than a Celica? Maybe it's just in my area (Southern California), but I see a gripload more Celicas than I do Solaras. And I don't see the "Tuner" crowd putting more effort into Corollas. But then again, what do I know. Whatever.

That Toyota exec is smokin' way too cheap crack.

-Randy

The new Scion tC is both faster and cheaper than the Celica, and a Miata is a much better buy than the MR2. Makes sense for Toyota to discontinue both cars. I'm hoping for a new Supra or Lexus sports car.

I think the tC is cool for its money too..

not a performance car though... I think it's got enough power to move, a lot of nice features, more important is that you might still get some changes from $20,000 budget...

Toyota just wanted to make money on their trucks and SUV lineup... I've seen way more tacoma/Rav4/4 runners than camry/corolla/celica, not to mention MR-S...

Re: I think the tC is cool for its money too..

NSXDreamer2 said:
Toyota just wanted to make money on their trucks and SUV lineup... I've seen way more tacoma/Rav4/4 runners than camry/corolla/celica, not to mention MR-S...

Agreed. Car companies are out to make money, the MR-S and the Celica are poor sellers in the U.S. so why shouldn't they be uprooted? Hmmm...perhaps this is a foreshadowing of things to come for the NSX/HSC and its less than stellar sales :(

Back