• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group Buy Top Speed PRO-1 headers = $540 w/ free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Speed PRO-1 headers = $540 w/ free shipping within the continental (48 states) US.

** Brand New TOP SPEED PRO-1 NSX headers made of T-304 stainless steel with mandrel pipe bending, TIG welding includes with new bolts, gaskets, AND new O2 sensor extension wires included (all as show in pictures...less expensive headers do not include these). Has ported edges to ensure a smooth flow.

We manufacture and carry two versions: one fits the '91-'94 NSX...the other fits the '95-'05 NSX.

Excellent quality, finish, and group buy pricing for NSX Prime members!!!

*** In-stock & ready for immediate shipping.

(Please check your local laws & regulations...NOT legal for California due to CARB exempt # required.)

Special installation notes: Due to the larger diameter header piping, a small modification (1/2" notch-out on the edge of a under chassis brace crossbeam) is required. Check the actual installed headers pictures below of our '91 Top Speed NSX.

(additional photos upon request)

Standard group buy form compliance:

This is a:
[X] Direct vendor group buy
[ ] Third party group buy
If third party, payment will be made:
[ ] Directly to the vendor (must link to vendor's NSX Prime Vendor page or include address and contact info.)
[ ] To a third party (Any third party taking payment must follow Vendor Requirements)

Minimum Number of Units:
(by definition a group buy requires a non-trivial minimum number of units to "make it happen"; you can use tiered pricing)

This "group buy" is being defined as a special sale price being offered only to members of NSX Prime...they being the "group". We are not requiring a minimum number of orders to make this happen...but this sale price group buy will only be available for a limited time to be determined by the amount of interest we receive.

Maximum Number of Units (can be unlimited): not applicable - unlimited

Closing Date (max. 90 days - no open-ended group buys): this offer will end September 30th

Product Will Ship: [X] As payments are received
[ ] After the group buy is closed

Payment Procedure: [X] No deposit, payment due prior to shipping
[ ] Deposit of ____ upon sign up, balance due ________
[ ] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted (indicate any convenience fees): credit card, PayPal, bank wire, personal / business check (with a 10 business day waiting period to allow funds to clear), or US Postal Money Order.

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: will ship out within 1-2 business days

Product Pricing (can be tiered): $540.00 USD includes free shipping within the continental US (48 states). Additional shipping cost to Hawaii, Alaska, or another country will be the sole responsibility of the buyer.

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included): free, with exceptions as noted above

Signup List (optional for unlimited unit group buys with non-tiered pricing): not applicable

Product Info, Photos, etc.: see attached or below

Last edited:
any dyno results?

Why do you need to cut the beam with these headers and not with other - more expensive headers.:confused:

These sound awesome combined with the Pride V2 exhaust. :)

Why do you need to cut the beam with these headers and not with other - more expensive headers.:confused:

I think he states it's because of the larger diameter piping they use. Not sure how much larger these are compared to other vendor's headers.

I think he states it's because of the larger diameter piping they use. Not sure how much larger these are compared to other vendor's headers.

Yeah, that was what I was wondering. Its hard to tell from looking at them if they are really any wider than the comptech ones and what the benefit of the larger piping would actually be vs. having to cut your car.

Having to cut the frame brace to fit these headers is why they are cheaper than "normal" price.

any dyno results?

Expect the typical 10-12 hp gain...more or less...depending upon you engine set-up.

Ours are designed for a smooth, most direct (shortest path available) flow. They make theirs, we make ours. Apparently they overspent on time, energy, and money to route around other objects in the engine bay. They make the exhaust gases travel a different path...and buyers get to help pay for their extra R&D.

To avoid a small 1/2" notch cut, you spend an extra $800 for the same part.

Do you ship to the UK?
If yes what would be the shipping cost?
PM me if you like.SS

Yes...PM me your full address for a rate quote.

These sound awesome combined with the Pride V2 exhaust. :)

Thank you!

Yeah, that was what I was wondering. Its hard to tell from looking at them if they are really any wider than the comptech ones and what the benefit of the larger piping would actually be vs. having to cut your car.

Wider pipe than OEM.

keep in mind folks you will NOT pass smog in CA with the 95+ headers as the o2 sensor is only able to monitor ONE cylinder (not all 3 from the front bank) so it tells the ECU that the engine is running lean when it is not which causes the ECU to adjust fuel mixture and makes the car run rich......... this is based on my experience. I had these and switched to CT and always passed smog.

Ours are designed for a smooth, most direct (shortest path available) flow. They make theirs, we make ours. Apparently they overspent on time, energy, and money to route around other objects in the engine bay. They make the exhaust gases travel a different path...and buyers get to help pay for their extra R&D.

To avoid a small 1/2" notch cut, you spend an extra $800 for the same part..

I'm sorry but a header built correctly avoids cutting structural componets on a car.

Apparently they overspent on time, energy, and money to route around other objects in the engine bay. They make the exhaust gases travel a different path...and buyers get to help pay for their extra R&D.

Your supposed to spend time, energy and money when designing parts for a car... THEN YOU TEST FIT THEM... AND CHANGE THE JIG

headers built correctly are exspensive... your correct

your headers arent built correctly - cheap

dont dance around that...

and this post isnt bashing... I'm correcting your sales pitch lieing for those that cant determine that on their own... and no more then the fact you mentioned parts built correctly wasted time, energy and money.

you sell a cost effective part cuz it doesnt fit... not cuz your path is shorter... the collector was welded incorrectly.... the pipe that requires the cut should be above the pipe its below.

Why cant you just say the price reflects a mistake... you gotta say a mistake represents a performance gain.... cheap or not... it's still peoples money

I'm sorry but a header built correctly avoids cutting structural componets on a car.

Apparently they overspent on time, energy, and money to route around other objects in the engine bay. They make the exhaust gases travel a different path...and buyers get to help pay for their extra R&D.

Your supposed to spend time, energy and money when designing parts for a car... THEN YOU TEST FIT THEM... AND CHANGE THE JIG

headers built correctly are exspensive... your correct

your headers arent built correctly - cheap

dont dance around that...

and this post isnt bashing... I'm correcting your sales pitch lieing for those that cant determine that on their own... and no more then the fact you mentioned parts built correctly wasted time, energy and money.

you sell a cost effective part cuz it doesnt fit... not cuz your path is shorter... the collector was welded incorrectly.... the pipe that requires the cut should be above the pipe its below.

Why cant you just say the price reflects a mistake... you gotta say a mistake represents a performance gain.... cheap or not... it's still peoples money

+1 and why not put the o2 sensor bung on the collector and not on one of the runners so the ECU can monitor all cylinders and not just one? :)

What I find interesting is that thread is 2 years old and talks about ver2 having no fitment issues, but clearly that is not the case. Seems they were made this way to save money.

I guess it comes down to if cutting your car a little is worth saving $800 on headers.

Last edited:
Moral of the story: spend the extra $ to get better fitment and no smog issues (CT headers etc)

+10000, fix/correct the jig & O2 sensor bank & you'll have a solid product instead of having cases of you get what you paid for.

Last edited:
FWIW. I have top speed headers and the fitment was fine, no cutting required on my 91. Had them a year and half and about 5K miles....no problems.

The first few batches of their headers had no problems, then this last batch they produced had the poor fitment...
I'm under the impression they are already trying to correct this problem at their factory for the next batch they are producing.

I have over 30,000 miles on my headers which I installed on April 15, 2008. They fit as perfectly as they have performed.

Perhaps they made an error in later builds, but mine have always been fine.

I thought these were also branded OBX, if so they are sold at ssaccessories.com for a lot less and the description states " no modification required for instalation".( price is under $400)
Can anyone chime in on OBX headers (fitment, o2 sensor positioning, quality, CA smog, etc). Maybe we can contact ssaccessories.com and get a group buy started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back