Top Gear UK: Jaguar beats them all (NSX incl.)

I saw Sunday's Top Gear show from BBC(UK). They had a Porsche TT, a Modena, an orange facelifted NSX, a Venturi , a Corvette C5 ("the most similar thing to a sport car America did produce" ;) ) and ... a late'70s Jaguar XJ12.

They wanted to see what can be done with about 4000 US$ budget against the big expensive cars. So they took the 6 liter, 300 ps UK salvaged and poorly maintained Jag and they stripped out about 500lbs from this 4000lbs monster (interior, lights, glasses, ....).

First 1/4 mile and the result: Porsche, Ferrari, NSX, Corvette and Venturi (these last three VERY close after the huge gap made by the two leaders). The Jaguar arrived about 1,5s after the Venturi...

Then they raised their budget of other 1000$ and they added a BIG bottle of NOS (I do not know how big, the installer told the UK crowd that NOS can add up to 500ps but e did not tell the size for that bottle).

Reslut? The Jaguar won. This is enough for next time people compare modded to stock cars! :D

PS: I love this show!

Wait for the show in a couple of weeks!

Our trackday that we listed in the Europa, list had the TopGear film crew there. Richard Hammond was driving in a Jaguar race car, with Justin Wilson.

They then interviewed different drivers at the track day. As there was 10 NSXs there, we had some interest, and some interviews!

Well we all know that Jaguars are faster than NSXs.

Faster to the repair shop, that is. The race was too short by far. Within 100 miles, the Jag would SURELY have crapped out and been in the shop for repairs.

As J14 NSX says it was a great day shame it was not Mr Button there from BAR.
The Top Gear Show is quite good at the moment I had a go of the quickest Jag I have ever been in the Jaguar JP 1 it was quick it is there new Track Weapon they want around 60K + for it..

NSX R would still be a better buy:)

Dale
NSX 1

Back