Too tall for NSX?

Hi guys. I have been lurking on the site for several weeks & have learned a lot. I am thinking hard about getting a late model 6 spd. My concern is that at 6'5" that I won't fit comfortably. There was a recent post mentioning lack of foot space too ( I'm a size 15). Most cars that I like (read 2 seat sports cars) have good head room but no leg room. The S2000 finds my right knee wedged between the wheel & console with no way to turn right or even put my hand on the wheel. Similar stories with MR2, Z3,TT, etc. Any tall guys out there that can give feedback? I love the NSX, but if it's not comfortable what's the point? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I'm going to UCONN. My question was more about leg room, don't tell me there's no headroom either. I only sat in an NSX once very briefly and don't really remember how it fit.

Originally posted by TyraNSX:
I only sat in an NSX once very briefly and don't really remember how it fit.

That's the only way you can really find out if it fits you.

BTW, don't rely on a ride in someone's passenger seat. There's significantly less leg room on the passenger side than for the driver.

Yes, I'm going to UCONN.

Cool. I graduated from UConn in 2000. CSE major. Only tooks 6.5 years
wink.gif

My question was more about leg room, don't tell me there's no headroom either. I only sat in an NSX once very briefly and don't really remember how it fit.

The only way you are really going to know if you fit is to sit in one again. There are a few owners in CT around who would probably let you try it on for size
smile.gif

There are also a few for sale around CT. Take one for a test drive.

I already graduated from UCONN once in '88. Working on a 3rd degree now. Any idea if there are NSXs in the NE CT, SE CT or Hartford areas I could "try on"?

There are also a few for sale around CT. Take one for a test drive.[/B][/QUOTE]

Any idea if there are NSXs in the NE CT, SE CT or Hartford areas I could "try on"?

I know of a few. Closest to you would be in Berlin or Wallingford.

Imports Unlimited in Wallingford.
<A HREF="http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/view/index_view.jtmpl?dealership_view_name=absolutecenter?productWebsite=absolutecenter?&ac_afflt=none&mis=IVNDNBMGDS50&dealer_id=2169525" TARGET=_blank>
Absolute Auto Center</A> in Berlin.

I think your best bet to test drive would be Imports Unlimited. Although I wouldnt buy that particular NSX. It's a theft recovery and has the battle scars to prove it.

Check http://autotrader.com for more. Also, http://bargainnews.com is good for used cars in CT.

Good Luck. Let us know how you make out.

Angelo

[This message has been edited by nd4spd (edited 29 September 2002).]

There is much more leg room than head room. I am 6'3", but with a longer torso than legs (inseam 33-34") and I cannot comfortably drive the car with the seat all the way back as the pedals are too far away!

Head room will depend entirely on how you are laid out. I do not have a problem without a helment, but do rub the lining of the targa panel. With the lining out and the seat cushion out, I am perfect with a helment.

I agree that best bet is to drive one, probably three different times to really see how it fits. It will not bother you the first time as the excitement and trying to find all the controls etc tends to prevent a "normal" driving stance. The second and third drives will allow you to be more at home in the cockpit and get an honest feel for the room. HTH.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Thanks guys. I guess the leg room is good (I have a 36in inseam). Absolute Auto Ctr is a little closer I think. I will try to get over there the next couple of weekends. They show an '00 in stk on their website. To pricet for me, but at least I can try it on & worry about finding the right car later.

Back