• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tired of getting oil on your rear beam when changing the oil filter? - Oil filter funnel

If you've changed your own oil, you've probably noticed the tendancy oil from the filter to run onto the rear beam, run down the rear beam and onto the floor, or all over the emergency brake cable. It's then a nuisance to clean it out from between the beam and the cable.

If you're tired of cleaning the oil off, this "funnel" will funnel the oil into your pan without soiling your rear beam.

I expect this only works with the OEM short filter (or equivalent).

Print it with the file here. Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6663318

PXL_20240615_190739509-min.jpg
PXL_20240615_191225768-min.jpg

Probably anything other than PLA would be fine; I used PET-G and no sign of deformation even with the engine oil hot. PLA would be fine with cold oil and might even work with hot oil - someone would just need to try it with hot oil to see if it held up.

It's a little tricky to manoever in but just start from behind the filter and rotate it around.

Last edited:
Great idea! I've been wrapping plastic around that area when changing the filter...

I'm OK to print parts for other Primers, mostly dust caps for the larger LED bulbs, but the issue is that the shipping cost is often as much as the print cost. I suspect it's because I'm shipping from Canada, & Canada Post charges more than US shippers, even going to Canada. On the other hand, you could consider it like a coupon for savings on the purchase of your own printer. I think I've talked a couple of Primers into getting one based on the savings of printing their first part.

You'd be looking at US$40 for printing & shipping, probably not worth it just to keep oil off the rear beam and the about the e-brake cable.

I might post an ad before NSXPO to see if anyone wants anything printed and I'll bring it down with me. I already have a set of rear lights I'm bringing down for someone else.

I just got a 3D printer this weekend and have been printing everything. I don't have PETG filament yet, but am happy to print it for anyone when I do later in the week. Another excuse to try out printing with PETG! Just pay for shipping and filament I guess.

Back